British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   come on you old footballers" (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/come-you-old-footballers-498911/)

wallace simpson Dec 10th 2007 2:29 am

come on you old footballers"

Hi, im looking to play some football, [ soccer ] is there any teams around mermaind waters or nearby or maybe getting one started? or what about brisbane V gold coast get back to me. thanks tony

Only me Dec 12th 2007 1:51 pm

Re: come on you old footballers"

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5651294)
Hi, im looking to play some football, [ soccer ] is there any teams around mermaind waters or nearby or maybe getting one started? or what about brisbane V gold coast get back to me. thanks tony

Tony, what sort of standard are you looking for.We have various levels on the gold coast from semi-pro to over35's and masters 40 and over, let me know and i'll point you in the right direction.:thumbup:

wallace simpson Dec 12th 2007 9:33 pm

ive only played sat & sunday morning football. just want to get back playing for fun. over 35 or masters 40 and over would be great. need to get back in to training . thanks for your help only me.:thumbsup:

Only me Dec 12th 2007 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5662013)
ive only played sat & sunday morning football. just want to get back playing for fun. over 35 or masters 40 and over would be great. need to get back in to training . thanks for your help only me.:thumbsup:

No problem mate, if your playing in the Gold Coast v Brisbane challenge game i'll put you on to a few people who can help you out with teams etc:thumbsup:

wallace simpson Dec 12th 2007 10:32 pm

that would be great. thanks only me:thumbsup:

Bernieboy Dec 12th 2007 11:24 pm

Wally mate when we teach you a lesson in football in march you want to ever play the game again:p

Bernieboy Dec 12th 2007 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 5662401)
Wally mate when we teach you a lesson in football in march you want to ever play the game again:p

Shit too many beers.add a WONT in there:o

wallace simpson Dec 12th 2007 11:32 pm

BRING IT ON BERNIEBOY MATE :rofl:

Bernieboy Dec 12th 2007 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5662421)
BRING IT ON BERNIEBOY MATE :rofl:

Just adding bigger studs to me boots mate,hope you have kevlar shinguards:eek:

wallace simpson Dec 13th 2007 12:03 am

IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU SURPORT MILLWALL:thumbdown:

Bernieboy Dec 13th 2007 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5662483)
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU SURPORT MILLWALL:thumbdown:

Leeds:thumbup:

wallace simpson Dec 13th 2007 10:33 pm

say no more:o

Bernieboy Dec 13th 2007 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5665957)
say no more:o

Bollox to that matey we are on the way back,marching on and on:thumbsup:

Word is you've seen down the chemist buying up large stocks of bandages and deepheat:p:lol:

Bernieboy Dec 13th 2007 11:00 pm

Everton nuff said:o

wallace simpson Dec 13th 2007 11:04 pm

you got me there mate:thumbup:

wallace simpson Dec 13th 2007 11:06 pm

up the hammers:thumbsup:

Carbery Dec 13th 2007 11:13 pm

I would like to join if poss - might need a couple of months training to get back to match fitness. I like the sound of over 40's as I am old enough to remember Villa winning the European Cup!!

Bernieboy Dec 14th 2007 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 5666072)
I would like to join if poss - might need a couple of months training to get back to match fitness. I like the sound of over 40's as I am old enough to remember Villa winning the European Cup!!

Hey Carbery get round to wally's house and give him a hand to tie his boot laces:lol:

wallace simpson Dec 14th 2007 12:15 am

Me to carbery. i can remember ie morley. shaw . and the rest. that was a good team. i remember going to villa v west ham about 82. brooking got one but you won 2-1. thay wher the days.:thumbsup:

wallace simpson Dec 14th 2007 12:23 am

ive got my dms standing by:p

Bernieboy Dec 14th 2007 12:28 am

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5666293)
ive got my dms standing by:p

Hammers boys wear monkey boots i have 18 hole dms,bergundy stomping all over the bowlyn:lol:

wallace simpson Dec 14th 2007 1:03 am

whats a leeds man doing in london?:confused: say no more:o

Bernieboy Dec 14th 2007 1:09 am

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5666438)
whats a leeds man doing in london?:confused: say no more:o

Whats a DERRY CITY man supporting LEEDS doing living in LONDON waiting to move to BRISBANE ??? Working for the bleeding NHS thats what:(

wallace simpson Dec 14th 2007 1:15 am

thats cool. when are you hoping to be hear mate? have to meet up and talk football:thumbsup:

Bernieboy Dec 14th 2007 1:32 am

Well im over early march for my wedding(hopefully the footy) on the 14th in Brisbane then back to london to sort out my spousal visa,so should be sorted by next sept.My OH is thinking of a few days in COOLANGATTA/TWEED HEADS when i arrive to get my head sorted before i meet the parents(first time:eek:)So if your about then def catch up for a chat/gargle.I used to work in casualty at Newham general and i could tell some seriously funny stories from post west ham home games:ohmy:

wallace simpson Dec 14th 2007 1:47 am

ill look forward to that mate.looks like you have loads to do this year. best of luck with the inlaws :unsure: hope it goes well:thumbsup:

Bernieboy Dec 14th 2007 1:49 am

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5666565)
ill look forward to that mate.looks like you have loads to do this year. best of luck with the inlaws :unsure: hope it goes well:thumbsup:

Cheers and get the beers in the fridge:thumbup:

wallace simpson Dec 14th 2007 1:59 am

where abouts in london are you working now? are you always on nignts?

Bernieboy Dec 14th 2007 2:07 am

I work in a large kids hospital in intensive care,only working these nights as extra,shit loads to pay for xmas/wedding/visa/call girls/ ok i lied about the last one:o But this weekend im going to Walsall for the Leeds game(DM free) then sit down with a few cold ones on sunday to watch liverpool beat the scum and the arse to give it to the chelshit,i hope:thumbup:

wallace simpson Dec 14th 2007 2:19 am

nice one :thumbsup:

Carbery Dec 15th 2007 1:17 am

I am starting my training regime tonight after work. Jogging/running with my 2 kids. Have you seen the other GC soccer thread? I have put my name down for that too. BTW our favorite watering holes are both in Mermaid Beach - Trio Romano Italian Restaurant and Nobby Beach SC if you fancy a drink sometime to reminisce about football get in touch. We also go to Q'land Roar games and catch up with some other soccer saddos in the Caxton St pubs before & after the game if you are interested.

wallace simpson Dec 15th 2007 3:35 am

THAT WOULD BE GOOD. LOOK FORWARD TO IT. TONY :thumbsup:

bobbyftm Dec 16th 2007 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 5670367)
I am starting my training regime tonight after work. Jogging/running with my 2 kids. Have you seen the other GC soccer thread? I have put my name down for that too. BTW our favorite watering holes are both in Mermaid Beach - Trio Romano Italian Restaurant and Nobby Beach SC if you fancy a drink sometime to reminisce about football get in touch. We also go to Q'land Roar games and catch up with some other soccer saddos in the Caxton St pubs before & after the game if you are interested.

Hello yes i'm one of those saddos !

Carbery Dec 16th 2007 6:37 am

Hey Bobby 1 - 1 a fair result?

bobbyftm Dec 16th 2007 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 5670367)

If ya keep on trotting up this way mate we could call into the curry house again:thumbsup:

Carbery Dec 16th 2007 6:40 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 5673412)
If ya keep on trotting up this way mate we could call into the curry house again:thumbsup:

Went out with Mark & Diane today. Told them about the curry place and they are interested for a night up there.

bobbyftm Dec 16th 2007 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 5673411)
Hey Bobby 1 - 1 a fair result?

We waz robbed:) Didnt see it mate only read report as we waz up Moooolllloooolaba place for the weekend acting drunk ;)

bobbyftm Dec 16th 2007 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 5673415)
Went out with Mark & Diane today. Told them about the curry place and they are interested for a night up there.

For us to be there mate it'd have to be before fri 21st or after 6th jan

wallace simpson Dec 17th 2007 11:59 pm

yep you was robbed bobbyftm. saw it on tv. never mind thers always next time mate.

bobbyftm Dec 18th 2007 6:28 am

Originally Posted by wallace simpson (Post 5678853)
yep you was robbed bobbyftm. saw it on tv. never mind thers always next time mate.

Wish you'd been the ref mate:D