Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coles Vs Tesco Comparison

Coles Vs Tesco Comparison

Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coles Vs Tesco Comparison

Ok... I was really bored and curious so I got my reciept from last weeks Cole's shop and then sat on Tesco.co.uk and made a comparison chart in excel.
Yes I am a loser! lol

I found it quite interesting to see what was cheaper and what was expensive. It worked out that my shopping was $40 more in Aus than in the UK... If you're interested in having a look then I've had to put it here. I don't know how to put a PDF on the forum.

Last edited by Mochinbach; Feb 25th 2010 at 9:00 am. Reason: got me sums wrong! ;) Thanks Zenshin
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:54 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coles Vs Tesco Comparison

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
Ok... I was really bored and curious so I got my reciept from last weeks Cole's shop and then sat on Tesco.co.uk and made a comparison chart in excel.
Yes I am a loser! lol

I found it quite interesting to see what was cheaper and what was expensive. It worked out that my shopping was £40 more in Aus than in the UK... If you're interested in having a look then I've had to put it here. I don't know how to put a PDF on the forum.
IMO

sorry but thats like comparing apples against tryes

for one australia is a huge lowly populated country and the uk`s a small densly populated country so there really isnt a comparsion to be made
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am a loser! lol

I found it quite interesting to see what was cheaper and what was expensive. It worked out that my shopping was £40 more in Aus than in the UK... If you're interested in having a look then I've had to put it here. I don't know how to put a PDF on the forum.
Have you entered the price of the airticket to get from Australia to the UK so you can go to Tescos?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Have you entered the price of the airticket to get from Australia to the UK so you can go to Tescos?
LOL

I knew people might get their knickers twisted !

I was just curious. It's a cost of living experiment half done i guess! I was surprised by the fact that the veggies and fruit were cheaper. I'd been trying to shop around to reduce their cost thinking they were making it more expensive. I'm just adjusting that's all..... It was the kind of thing I'd have been interested in when I was back in the UK so I thought I'd share. Take it as you will!
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Interesting looking at that. Thanks.
Haven't lived in Australia in 12 years and remember back in the good days going back home and everything in Coles being much cheaper. How times have changed.

Slight typo in your post though. You said £40 difference but in your comparison it shows $40 difference in your $AUD comparison. So not quite so bad but it does all add up.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:59 am
Just Joined

jmcbroom has a brilliant futurejmcbroom has a brilliant futurejmcbroom has a brilliant futurejmcbroom has a brilliant futurejmcbroom has a brilliant futurejmcbroom has a brilliant futurejmcbroom has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
u could use your flybuys discount from coles to reduce the price, bargain
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zenshin
Interesting looking at that. Thanks.
Haven't lived in Australia in 12 years and remember back in the good days going back home and everything in Coles being much cheaper. How times have changed.

Slight typo in your post though. You said £40 difference but in your comparison it shows $40 difference in your $AUD comparison. So not quite so bad but it does all add up.
OOh thanks!

I'll try and change it! I'm sooo glad Excel does the maths
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:01 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
IMO

sorry but thats like comparing apples against tryes

for one australia is a huge lowly populated country and the uk`s a small densly populated country so there really isnt a comparsion to be made
That'll get the twitchers excited: the first "Big country, small population" sighting of the year <g>.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmcbroom
u could use your flybuys discount from coles to reduce the price, bargain
LOL. Are they actually worht it? We looked at that and it seemed you needed a million of them to save a dollar! Should I sign up?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:04 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

LOL

I knew people might get their knickers twisted !

I was just curious. It's a cost of living experiment half done i guess! I was surprised by the fact that the veggies and fruit were cheaper. I'd been trying to shop around to reduce their cost thinking they were making it more expensive. I'm just adjusting that's all..... It was the kind of thing I'd have been interested in when I was back in the UK so I thought I'd share. Take it as you will!
Yeah, but petrol is cheaper in OZ, so you'll save that way
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:06 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I think she got what she deserved, she does my head in and quite frankly, the sooner we all see her for the racist punch monkey she is the better!
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I think she got what she deserved, she does my head in and quite frankly, the sooner we all see her for the racist punch monkey she is the better!
What?? LMAO rugby matt.... Not sure that was meant to be in the thread? Id so.... erm.... LMAO!!!
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:15 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

What?? LMAO rugby matt.... Not sure that was meant to be in the thread? Id so.... erm.... LMAO!!!
Oh... really?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:18 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Oh... really?
No she's not.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:20 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
No she's not.
She likes Blackpool rock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.