British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Coles Vs Tesco Comparison (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/coles-vs-tesco-comparison-656601/)

Mochinbach Feb 25th 2010 8:46 am

Coles Vs Tesco Comparison

Ok... I was really bored and curious so I got my reciept from last weeks Cole's shop and then sat on Tesco.co.uk and made a comparison chart in excel.
Yes I am a loser!:eek: lol

I found it quite interesting to see what was cheaper and what was expensive. It worked out that my shopping was $40 more in Aus than in the UK... If you're interested in having a look then I've had to put it here. I don't know how to put a PDF on the forum.:o

steve`o Feb 25th 2010 8:54 am

Re: Coles Vs Tesco Comparison

Originally Posted by Mochinbach (Post 8373526)
Ok... I was really bored and curious so I got my reciept from last weeks Cole's shop and then sat on Tesco.co.uk and made a comparison chart in excel.

I found it quite interesting to see what was cheaper and what was expensive. It worked out that my shopping was £40 more in Aus than in the UK... If you're interested in having a look then I've had to put it here. I don't know how to put a PDF on the forum.:o

IMO

sorry but thats like comparing apples against tryes

for one australia is a huge lowly populated country and the uk`s a small densly populated country so there really isnt a comparsion to be made

moneypenny20 Feb 25th 2010 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Mochinbach (Post 8373526)

I found it quite interesting to see what was cheaper and what was expensive. It worked out that my shopping was £40 more in Aus than in the UK... If you're interested in having a look then I've had to put it here. I don't know how to put a PDF on the forum.:o

Have you entered the price of the airticket to get from Australia to the UK so you can go to Tescos?

Mochinbach Feb 25th 2010 8:58 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8373551)
Have you entered the price of the airticket to get from Australia to the UK so you can go to Tescos?

LOL

I knew people might get their knickers twisted ! ;)

I was just curious. It's a cost of living experiment half done i guess! I was surprised by the fact that the veggies and fruit were cheaper. I'd been trying to shop around to reduce their cost thinking they were making it more expensive. I'm just adjusting that's all..... It was the kind of thing I'd have been interested in when I was back in the UK so I thought I'd share. Take it as you will!

Zenshin Feb 25th 2010 8:58 am

Interesting looking at that. Thanks.
Haven't lived in Australia in 12 years and remember back in the good days going back home and everything in Coles being much cheaper. How times have changed.

Slight typo in your post though. You said £40 difference but in your comparison it shows $40 difference in your $AUD comparison. So not quite so bad but it does all add up.

jmcbroom Feb 25th 2010 8:59 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8373551)

u could use your flybuys discount from coles to reduce the price, bargain

Mochinbach Feb 25th 2010 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Zenshin (Post 8373558)
Interesting looking at that. Thanks.
Haven't lived in Australia in 12 years and remember back in the good days going back home and everything in Coles being much cheaper. How times have changed.

Slight typo in your post though. You said £40 difference but in your comparison it shows $40 difference in your $AUD comparison. So not quite so bad but it does all add up.

OOh thanks!

I'll try and change it! I'm sooo glad Excel does the maths ;)

Wol Feb 25th 2010 9:01 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 8373547)
IMO

sorry but thats like comparing apples against tryes

for one australia is a huge lowly populated country and the uk`s a small densly populated country so there really isnt a comparsion to be made

That'll get the twitchers excited: the first "Big country, small population" sighting of the year <g>.

Mochinbach Feb 25th 2010 9:01 am

Originally Posted by jmcbroom (Post 8373561)
u could use your flybuys discount from coles to reduce the price, bargain

LOL. Are they actually worht it? We looked at that and it seemed you needed a million of them to save a dollar! Should I sign up?

Nu-Shooz Feb 25th 2010 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Mochinbach (Post 8373557)
LOL

I knew people might get their knickers twisted ! ;)

I was just curious. It's a cost of living experiment half done i guess! I was surprised by the fact that the veggies and fruit were cheaper. I'd been trying to shop around to reduce their cost thinking they were making it more expensive. I'm just adjusting that's all..... It was the kind of thing I'd have been interested in when I was back in the UK so I thought I'd share. Take it as you will!

Yeah, but petrol is cheaper in OZ, so you'll save that way;)

rugbymatt Feb 25th 2010 9:06 am

I think she got what she deserved, she does my head in and quite frankly, the sooner we all see her for the racist punch monkey she is the better!

Mochinbach Feb 25th 2010 9:12 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 8373585)
I think she got what she deserved, she does my head in and quite frankly, the sooner we all see her for the racist punch monkey she is the better!

What?? LMAO rugby matt.... Not sure that was meant to be in the thread? Id so.... erm.... LMAO!!!

rugbymatt Feb 25th 2010 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Mochinbach (Post 8373601)
What?? LMAO rugby matt.... Not sure that was meant to be in the thread? Id so.... erm.... LMAO!!!

Oh... really?

St.Georges Girl Feb 25th 2010 9:18 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 8373612)
Oh... really?

No she's not.:sneaky:

Nu-Shooz Feb 25th 2010 9:20 am

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl (Post 8373622)
No she's not.:sneaky:

She likes Blackpool rock:D