Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Chester ( Golden Retriever) has arrived in Perth !!!

Chester ( Golden Retriever) has arrived in Perth !!!

Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: Chester ( Golden Retriever) has arrived in Perth !!!

Originally Posted by suecroft
I worked with someone that did it the other way and apparently there was no quarantine Oz to UK.
You'd need to check that though.
i

will check that out, would be good if true will post on here if I find out

Chris
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...actsheet4a.pdf

This is the link for the info about bringing pets back in. It would appear that if on PETS then as Sue says do not go into quarrantine, but need to meet certain things but appear similar to what they have to meet to get into Oz in first place.

Thats cheered me up!!! thought he would be away for 6 months- if any one understands any different would be glad of info, but think trip to vets might be in order to start organizing his blood tests.

CHRIS
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:06 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Just found this thread - I'm glad he's arrived just about safely.
Mungo our own mad goldie is going to Golden Arrow on Monday ...... He keeps looking at me really sorrowfully. I'm sure he knows something big is up. (Maybe something to do with me shouting all the time!).
We are doing things slightly backward in that Mungo is staying here after we fly out, for two weeks, so he comes out of quarantine after we have left our temporary accommodation (paid for by hubby's employers).

Have I made a tremendous boob by not registering him with the Pet Passport scheme?
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:58 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Really feel for you particularly when you tell your kids, think mine would flatly refuse to go without ours, we plan to send ours to kennels for a few weekends before we go, hope he fares better,as dont know what we'll do, but like you may have to put dogs needs before our own!

Know what you mean about him knowing but I am sure he will be happy in his new home, have your kids seen him playing with this other dog?

Good luck
Chris
He is meeting his new family today but wont be leaving us for a couple of months yet, as long as the dogs get along things should be OK.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by webgum
Mungo our own mad goldie is going to Golden Arrow on Monday ...... He keeps looking at me really sorrowfully. I'm sure he knows something big is up. (Maybe something to do with me shouting all the time!).
We are doing things slightly backward in that Mungo is staying here after we fly out, for two weeks, so he comes out of quarantine after we have left our temporary accommodation (paid for by hubby's employers).

Have I made a tremendous boob by not registering him with the Pet Passport scheme?
I don't know the answer to that one, would Golden Arrow be ablle to tell you

Chris

PS think we should start a meet for golden retrievers!!! lol, oh and maybe a thread for them to bark about their anxieties!!!! lol
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:09 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeywill
The way he looks at me now is like he nows exactly whats happening
That's the thing with retrievers....they real are 'fur people'

The power of just one look with those big brown eyes of his....he could melt the north pole......
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by artep
That's the thing with retrievers....they real are 'fur people'

The power of just one look with those big brown eyes of his....he could melt the north pole......

We sat at the dining table chatting last night where was our retriever sat on the chair next to us!!!!!

Has just been on a starvation exercise, wouldnt eat his food, very naughty I know but I said to son put it on a plate on the table see what he does!!!!

......and he sat at the table and ate eat all his dinner!!!!!!!!

So had to be very strict and let him wait till he got really hungry.

I have had dogs before but never one like this, find myself doing stupid things!!!

Chris
Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough

A Goldie meet on the beach !! - FANTASTIC.
They can all run off and play whilst they tell each other how their horrible owners put them in boxes and sent them a long way in a funny big metal thing that made a lot of noise and wobbled.

Does anyone have a view on visiting in quarantine. I have very mixed feelings - want to go see him when we arrive but don't want to stress him out anymore by leaving him again. He would probably expect to come home with us and he'll have another 10 days in Q. after we land.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:33 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

A Goldie meet on the beach !! - FANTASTIC.
They can all run off and play whilst they tell each other how their horrible owners put them in boxes and sent them a long way in a funny big metal thing that made a lot of noise and wobbled.

Does anyone have a view on visiting in quarantine. I have very mixed feelings - want to go see him when we arrive but don't want to stress him out anymore by leaving him again. He would probably expect to come home with us and he'll have another 10 days in Q. after we land.
What a sight, a pack of Goldies charging off down the beach!
I'm not sure about the visiting thing either. Could really stress Mungo out and he could feel all the more rejected. Saying that, he's pretty shallow and who evers feeding him is the current best friend.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am not sure about the visiting thing, only had ours since september but he already sulks if he is told off, loves attention, very much like a toddler really!

Not sure what we'll do, kids will be desparate to see him but think need to put dog first.

Any dog psychs out there???

Chris
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

We took our Golden Lab with us, he didnt have any probs with the journey, or in quarantine, even though he had never been in kennels before. The staff at Byford were great and when we went to pick him up he looked in fantastic shape.

we didnt visit him in quarantine, we didnt have time (its quite a way to byford) and i felt it wasnt fair on him to go there and leave him again. He settled staright off when we got him back and loves his life in the sun.

Lynn
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

sharkin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by webgum

O got mine in 15 mins the other day from the vet. If you have all your docs for Oz you have everything you need for the Pet Passport. Though if you keep all the documents etc when you are in Oz. rabies test certificates etc and you keep your jabs etc up to date there should be no problem sorting it out if you ever need it in the future.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnj
We took our Golden Lab with us, he didnt have any probs with the journey, or in quarantine, even though he had never been in kennels before. The staff at Byford were great and when we went to pick him up he looked in fantastic shape.

we didnt visit him in quarantine, we didnt have time (its quite a way to byford) and i felt it wasnt fair on him to go there and leave him again. He settled staright off when we got him back and loves his life in the sun.

Lynn

Hi Lynn, pleased to hear your Goldie has settled did wonder how they would cope with the heat.
Chris
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough

Which are the best doggy beaches ??
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Which are the best doggy beaches ??
Dont know that one, but hope its ok just checked out your webpage your dog is identical to ours, ours is a white one, till he swims in the canal!!!!

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.