Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Chester ( Golden Retriever) has arrived in Perth !!!

Chester ( Golden Retriever) has arrived in Perth !!!

Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Chester ( Golden Retriever) has arrived in Perth !!!

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Dont know that one, but hope its ok just checked out your webpage your dog is identical to ours, ours is a white one, till he swims in the canal!!!!

Chris
You have mud spouge too, in every muddy puddle he can find, but great fun until he decides to jump on the bed, but funny thing two hours later he is pristine white again and you have to mop all the floors.Its sounds like they will get on well, must have goldie get together.
Steve (sues husband)
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:34 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by suecroft
You have mud spouge too, in every muddy puddle he can find, but great fun until he decides to jump on the bed, but funny thing two hours later he is pristine white again and you have to mop all the floors.Its sounds like they will get on well, must have goldie get together.
Steve (sues husband)
What is it with the mud thing? Mungo just stands in muddy puddles and lowers himself in (to cool his tummy I suppose!!). What with his penchant for eating poo, what a pedigree pet he is.

See a piccy of our long tongued fool in photopost. Nothing he likes more than a windy cliff!

He'll miss the mud down under........ I won't. !!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Chester ( Golden Retriever) has arrived in Perth !!!

Originally Posted by webgum
What is it with the mud thing? Mungo just stands in muddy puddles and lowers himself in (to cool his tummy I suppose!!). What with his penchant for eating poo, what a pedigree pet he is.

See a piccy of our long tongued fool in photopost. Nothing he likes more than a windy cliff!

He'll miss the mud down under........ I won't. !!!
The mud thingy , and thier eating habits can be unsavory but can you ask for a more loving dog and a joy to have
steve
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Steve (sues husband)
Yes I couldnt understand that, really muddy thought I would have to but he was soon very clean. Definitely a goldie get together!

Wish I had got one sooner he's brill!!

Chris
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:45 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

can you ask for a more loving dog and a joy to have
steve
Hear hear. I love him to death. One look from those dark brown eyes and I'm gone.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Yes I couldnt understand that, really muddy thought I would have to but he was soon very clean. Definitely a goldie get together!

Wish I had got one sooner he's brill!!

Chris
Ever had the bum shuffle! sat on the floor watchinf T.V. he sits on your lap and grumbles at you and you get a big lick.It either means i need feeding or walking.Would not be with out him dispite he has cost more then business class to fly him over!!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Ever had the bum shuffle! sat on the floor watchinf T.V. he sits on your lap and grumbles at you and you get a big lick.It either means i need feeding or walking.Would not be with out him dispite he has cost more then business class to fly him over!!!

One of the kids taught him to give a paw, so everytime he wants something thats what you get..... a paw!!!

surprises me how he lets you know what he wants. I know what you mean about the cost its unbelievable!!!

Chris
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by webgum
Hear hear. I love him to death. One look from those dark brown eyes and I'm gone.
I know those big brown eys but unfortunately my big fat boy is on a diet, due to the big brown eye ( you have never met a more accomplished begger) and now when i say NO i have never known such a accomplished sulker but he always come's around with a fuss and a walk and a low fat snack of course!!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:21 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

we take ours to quinns beach cos its just down the road, theres also whitfords beside hillarys. further south i'd have to check.

Lynn
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:36 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Feel really guilty now as we are not taking our Goldie.
Decided that it would be too much for him as he hates kennels (tried it for a week once, when we picked him up his hair was coming out in handfuls, apparently due to stress)
Found a nice family for him who live out in the country and they already have a Goldie so he will have doggie company.
The way he looks at me now is like he nows exactly whats happening (haven't told the 3 kids yet,although we have hinted)
Well we have had a complete turn-around, it looks like 'Snoopy' the golden retriever will be coming to Aus after all!..Hurrah

Now we just need £2500 (gonna start a new charity...'get Snoopy to Aus')

Things didnt work out with the other family, their goldie was quite old and suffers from arthritis and I think Snoopy was a bit too lively for him. Basically the other dog hid upstairs crying (maybe he saw snoops as his replacement...poor thing)

What really swung it though was a conversation I had tonight with quite possibly the viliest man in Britain (its a long story, hes a local breeder) but he asked if I wanted any money for my dog.
I said no, I just want a good home for him.
He went on too say good because my dog, our family pet who we all love to bits was 'second hand goods'.
Well I'm not having that, told him where too go and that Snoops was going no-where apart from Australia.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Well we have had a complete turn-around, it looks like 'Snoopy' the golden retriever will be coming to Aus after all!..Hurrah

Now we just need £2500 (gonna start a new charity...'get Snoopy to Aus')

Things didnt work out with the other family, their goldie was quite old and suffers from arthritis and I think Snoopy was a bit too lively for him. Basically the other dog hid upstairs crying (maybe he saw snoops as his replacement...poor thing)

What really swung it though was a conversation I had tonight with quite possibly the viliest man in Britain (its a long story, hes a local breeder) but he asked if I wanted any money for my dog.
I said no, I just want a good home for him.
He went on too say good because my dog, our family pet who we all love to bits was 'second hand goods'.
Well I'm not having that, told him where too go and that Snoops was going no-where apart from Australia.

Ah bless,
thats really good news that you are taking him, sorry to hear it didnt work out with the other family,we would have adopted him for you but as we are hopefully going to not feasable.

....and he calls himself a breeder???????

Bet kids will be happy are happy though.

Well feel free to join the rest of the 'goldie' owners on the beach!!!

The price to send them is astronomical isnt it but i guess we will cough up and look happy!!! lol

Chris
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:04 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Ah bless,
thats really good news that you are taking him, sorry to hear it didnt work out with the other family,we would have adopted him for you but as we are hopefully going to not feasable.

....and he calls himself a breeder???????

Bet kids will be happy are happy though.

Well feel free to join the rest of the 'goldie' owners on the beach!!!

The price to send them is astronomical isnt it but i guess we will cough up and look happy!!! lol

Chris
I'm looking forward to the beach meet ups, sounds like fun .
I've been to one of the doggie beachs, just north of Hilary's. They have their own doogie shower thing to wash the sand off...bless
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm looking forward to the beach meet ups, sounds like fun .
I've been to one of the doggie beachs, just north of Hilary's. They have their own doogie shower thing to wash the sand off...bless

Wow unusual to have any sort of facility for dogs!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

We pick Chester up on Monday !!!! Can't wait.
I think first stop will be Whitfords beach.
I don't care how much it cost now, I just want to see him again. - If he'll speak to me that is. I may well be completely ignored for being such a horrid mummy.
p.s we need a floppy dog smiley please
Old Apr 27th 2005, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

We pick Chester up on Monday !!!! Can't wait.
I think first stop will be Whitfords beach.
I don't care how much it cost now, I just want to see him again. - If he'll speak to me that is. I may well be completely ignored for being such a horrid mummy.
p.s we need a floppy dog smiley please

Hi Sue

pleased to hear you have arrived safely, hope all is well.

hope your reunion goes well, bet he's missed you.

Keep intouch and let us know how its going

Best wishes Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.