Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Changes To Foxtel

Changes To Foxtel

Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:49 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changes To Foxtel

So, what do you think of the new front end fr Foxtel IQ? I thought my box had gone on the blink when I turned it on today lol.

The best bit though, it seems that channel 7 is finally coming on board next week....I won't hold my breather mind you
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:59 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes To Foxtel

Originally Posted by herrchook
So, what do you think of the new front end fr Foxtel IQ? I thought my box had gone on the blink when I turned it on today lol.

The best bit though, it seems that channel 7 is finally coming on board next week....I won't hold my breather mind you
Looks the same to me? What's changed Chook?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:08 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Looks the same to me? What's changed Chook?
Colour scheme is different, and they've added new functionalilties. You can now continue to watch the channel you're viewing in a small screen whilst also using the planner and TV guide. You can sort the planner too, so you can find all episodes of the same show regardless of when they were recorded. Emmmm, I think you can look at the next few hours of viewing per channel on a whole screen. The Box office stuff has been tidied up a bit too. There's probably more, but that's all I can remember right now.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:10 am
Account Closed

Colour scheme is different, and they've added new functionalilties. You can now continue to watch the channel you're viewing in a small screen whilst also using the planner and TV guide. You can sort the planner too, so you can find all episodes of the same show regardless of when they were recorded. Emmmm, I think you can look at the next few hours of viewing per channel on a whole screen. The Box office stuff has been tidied up a bit too. There's probably more, but that's all I can remember right now.
Well so you can! Shows you how much I use it.... 100 bucks a month and I watch about 3 hours of telly a week......
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:15 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point

Going off to play with mine!!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Howard Jenings
Going off to play with mine!!
You could catch some telly afterwards.....
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

buchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant future

All looks the same to me, nothing different
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by buchanan
All looks the same to me, nothing different
Same here - nothing changed.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:14 pm
Sunny Sydney

I think the changes are being rolled out over a period of time! I set it to record a movie today and noticed there's a ne wbutton which allows the user to easily add 20 mins to the recording. Perfect for those pesky Ch9 shows which always start late!!! Maybe now I won't need to record the show after the one I actually want to view as well lol.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I think the changes are being rolled out over a period of time! I set it to record a movie today and noticed there's a ne wbutton which allows the user to easily add 20 mins to the recording. Perfect for those pesky Ch9 shows which always start late!!! Maybe now I won't need to record the show after the one I actually want to view as well lol.
Yep mine has changed too, but I never lost 7.

Jo
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:23 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

If we had access to Foxtel I might still be paying for satellite. As it is, us poor country cousins are forever screwed by being forced to pay for the piss-poor Austar service.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Mine only changed overnight (Friday), color scheme has changed plus it has this new video view function which allow you to view a small screen of what you currently are watching while being able to browse the menu at the same time.

I always have had channel 7 but don't have any of the new digital free to air channels.

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Nov 6th 2009 at 9:01 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:15 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that's because the owner of Channel 7 has now bought up most of the Foxtel shares so he's got a vested interest now in getting it on there. But like you I'll believe it when it happens and I see it on the screen in front of me.

The 'On Demand' stuff this week is a load of bollocks including a load of rubbish about the Olympic build up as if we are interested...yawn.

Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:51 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone in WA noticed any updates? I can't see any.

Would be great to finally receive channel 7 and 9 via satellite. Last year there was a mention of at least one of these coming on to satellite in WA in the first quarter of 2009.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

Not noticed anything in WA either, I know the colours went a bit funny last night for a while apart from that nothing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.