Central Coat Meet-Up?

Central Coat Meet-Up?

Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:03 am
Just Joined

crowciej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Central Coast Meet-Up?

Originally Posted by SenoraJo
OK, I'll get the ball rolling .....

If it's evenings then I'll assume Fri/Sat is best. The only w/e evening I have off until my rota runs out is Fri Feb 2nd, so how about it?

Jim, I can't think of anywhere in Terrigal with loads of outdoor seating suitable for a bunch (I'm hoping we'll all turn up!) of people, exept the Crowne Plaza? Can you? Plus somewhere we can hear ourselves talk on a busy w/e.

I suggest Crowne Plaza Beer Garden or Avoca Beach Hotel (has outdoor seating aplenty) but if any of you guys can think of somwhere nicer then let us know.

So who's coming then?

Friday 2nd Feb, venue to be confirmed, 7-7.30pm for a long evening of drinks and chat.

See you there?

Jo & Steve x
You wouldn't believe it... having just gone to back to work after days off have realised we have a staff meeting and night out on the 2nd!!! Blooming typical - I have nothing on for weeks then it all happens on the same night!! Sorry to let you down, will let you know if can get out of it.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice
Default Re: Central Coat Meet-Up?

Originally Posted by joho
Ok girl what have you got that we havent eh eh eh.

Jo
I think you might have spoke to soon Jo..............

(But if I told you, I'd have to kill you )

Jo
Old Jan 26th 2007, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Originally Posted by crowciej
You wouldn't believe it... having just gone to back to work after days off have realised we have a staff meeting and night out on the 2nd!!! Blooming typical - I have nothing on for weeks then it all happens on the same night!! Sorry to let you down, will let you know if can get out of it.
If ya can't get out of it, then you can always sort the next meet-up........consider that your punishment if you miss this one!!!

Jo x

P.S. Congrats on the kitten, they're adorable. We're catsitting a friends Bengal at the mo, but have to give her back soon after three and a half weeks - both dreading it as have fallen for her
Old Jan 29th 2007, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frances
Hi there we will meet you too on the 2nd Feb Frances and Mark, only been in Greenpoint 3months it will be good to meet up do i need to wear a flower C U at Crown Plaza Frances I will ask a couple that we have met from Newbury aswell.
Hi Frances

Some info about yourself please. We have to vet newcomers you understand.

Scottie tee, give your mum and dad a reminder.

Senora, nice to meet for coffee today, didnt have to Aunty Dot sit in the end, hope you had a nice nanny nap.

Jo
Old Jan 29th 2007, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

frances is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

We are a stunning young couple so watch out, (not really) in our 40's unfortunately we have two kids Stephen and Rebecca 17 and 13, are any children coming along and if so what ages are they as my daughter will ask I know, how mny people are going, Julie and Andy are coming with us They are about same age as us, so we are looking forward to meeting you all what ime was it 7'ish I will confirm towards end of week Frances
Old Jan 29th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

We are a stunning young couple so watch out, (not really) in our 40's unfortunately we have two kids Stephen and Rebecca 17 and 13, are any children coming along and if so what ages are they as my daughter will ask I know, how mny people are going, Julie and Andy are coming with us They are about same age as us, so we are looking forward to meeting you all what ime was it 7'ish I will confirm towards end of week Frances
My hubby is 41 and I am 36, have 3 kids, 17, 16 and 12 and no I wont be bringing mine with me, I need time out after the 6 weeks break..........but we could meet another day with kids if you want. Not sure if anyone else is bringing kids, Senora jo hasnt got any children yet she is still cooking hers and its not cooked until March, Jim I believe has older left home children (how I dream of that day).

Jo
Old Jan 29th 2007, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crosborne
Hi Guys,

I've had a bit of a look around and I can't seem to find any Central Coast meet ups. What are all you coasties doing? Anyone up for one sometime this month? When/where up for discussion.
Oi you meet pending, watchya upto.

Jo
Old Jan 29th 2007, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

HI that would be good to meet with kids are they boys or girls or a mixture, is the 12 year old a girl, how are the older children finding it here, and how long have you actually been in Oz and where are you living, Julie and Andy who are coming with us have older kids aswell in their 20'sstill in England Francesx
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

HI that would be good to meet with kids are they boys or girls or a mixture, is the 12 year old a girl, how are the older children finding it here, and how long have you actually been in Oz and where are you living, Julie and Andy who are coming with us have older kids aswell in their 20'sstill in England Francesx
We moved May 2005 so coming upto 2 years soon. The 2 older kids are boys and the 12 year old is a girl. We live in Umina and we really like it. Hubby works in IT in Sydney and I work 2 days a week at Gosford Hospital in an admin role.

Jo
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi again'

How far is Umina from Greenpoint you will have to come round as Your daughter would be about the same age as Rebecca and the boys about my sons age they could talk about there experiences Stephen hasn't met too many kids his age yet but he is going to College next week so hopefully he will meet nice people. How did you get the job in the hospital I could do with a job like that as I have always worked in Admin, I am working casual at a Nursing home at he moment but it is not really me. I will talk to you on Friday about maybe meeting up with the kids, have your children settled ok here and been behaving themselves. I think it is the crowd they get in with as to how they behave generally, did they miss thee friends really badly when they came over? where did you live in England? Frances
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:53 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joho
My hubby is 41 and I am 36, have 3 kids, 17, 16 and 12 and no I wont be bringing mine with me, I need time out after the 6 weeks break..........but we could meet another day with kids if you want. Not sure if anyone else is bringing kids, Senora jo hasnt got any children yet she is still cooking hers and its not cooked until March, Jim I believe has older left home children (how I dream of that day).

Jo
Hi Jo

Yes........ Gill and I are "baby boomers" - whatever the hell that means! We will have no children with us - unless there is something I don't know yet

When I last checked, "Stubbyholder" and his wife are coming with us - they now live not far from us.

See you all at the Crowne Plaza - I would suggest the end away from the actual bar would be the best bet as Friday nights there are a bit hectic! Probably more room at that end and we should then be able to hear each other!

Regards

Jim
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi again'

How far is Umina from Greenpoint you will have to come round as Your daughter would be about the same age as Rebecca and the boys about my sons age they could talk about there experiences Stephen hasn't met too many kids his age yet but he is going to College next week so hopefully he will meet nice people. How did you get the job in the hospital I could do with a job like that as I have always worked in Admin, I am working casual at a Nursing home at he moment but it is not really me. I will talk to you on Friday about maybe meeting up with the kids, have your children settled ok here and been behaving themselves. I think it is the crowd they get in with as to how they behave generally, did they miss thee friends really badly when they came over? where did you live in England? Frances
Oh my god, my daughter is called Rebecca, this could get confusing. Boys are called Ryan and Ashely. Yeah my kids love it, Ryan is doing his HSC this year and Ashley has just done his School Cert and is staying on to do his HSC cause he wants to be policeman. Ryan wants to be a nurse but both hate studying so we'll see. Ryan was badly bullied in UK so is quite enjoying having 'friends' although they are mostly geeks. Ashley is a cool dude and has always had plenty of kids hanging round him. He has been very lucky and has a group of really good friends and a girlfriend (also called Ashleigh very confusing affectionatly called the Ashley's). Both boys are very different. Green point is only about 15 mins or so away from Umina.

Jo
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

We will have to get the two Rebeccas to meet she doesnt really go out much yet as she has not been at school long enough really to meet and arrange to go out, but to be honest I would rather she was here at that age anyway and went out ocasionally to pictures or something she is a homebird for now anyway and very diferent to
my son, he also is a cool dude and always had lots of friends in the Uk Rebecca just gets on his nerves and aggravates him all the time. That is a shame your son was bullied kids can be so cruel and it must have been a big relief for him to come over here poor kid, Rebecca had gone back to school today and Stephen is starting Tafe next week so I am hoping they will meet nice people and settle rebecca certainly finds it easier than Stephen she is happy playing with the dog, but really they have both adapted brilliantly considering their ages you are not that far from here then I can't wait to get a little car to use and find my way around, Mark uses the car for work so I feel a bit trapped at the moment and the buses are A NIGHTMARE speak soon Frances
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Hi Jo
Don't know if you remember me, old user name was just electricbaby?
We finally made it to Oz on the 4th Jan!!!
Are you still working at Gosford? I have been doing an induction there this week, and then will be working at Wyong. It would be great to meet up with some expats but dont think we will be able to make this meet due to the shortage of baby sitters!!!!
Hope you all have a good time and have a few drinks for us!

[QUOTE=SenoraJo;4308643]OK, I'll get the ball rolling .....

If it's evenings then I'll assume Fri/Sat is best. The only w/e evening I have off until my rota runs out is Fri Feb 2nd, so how about it?

Jim, I can't think of anywhere in Terrigal with loads of outdoor seating suitable for a bunch (I'm hoping we'll all turn up!) of people, exept the Crowne Plaza? Can you? Plus somewhere we can hear ourselves talk on a busy w/e.

I suggest Crowne Plaza Beer Garden or Avoca Beach Hotel (has outdoor seating aplenty) but if any of you guys can think of somwhere nicer then let us know.

So who's coming then?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by electricbaby27
Hi Jo
Don't know if you remember me, old user name was just electricbaby?
We finally made it to Oz on the 4th Jan!!!
Are you still working at Gosford? I have been doing an induction there this week, and then will be working at Wyong. It would be great to meet up with some expats but dont think we will be able to make this meet due to the shortage of baby sitters!!!!
Hope you all have a good time and have a few drinks for us!

Cool, welcome to the Central Coast. How old are your children, where do you live etc etc

Isn't the induction booooorirrrriiiiiinnnngg. did mine last year. We have a department in Wyong too. I work in the Diagnostic Cardiology dept.

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.