Cathay Pacific

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cathay Pacific

No. Sydney - with 1 1/2 days stop over in Singapore. We arrive SYD at 10.30'ish on the Monday morning....aaaahhhh.

The good flights Sing - SYD are already showing as full around this date.

When we went Cathay about 8 weeks ago, teh flight arrived SYD at 8.30 PM, got hotel near the airport - like you say few beers and off to bed. this one's not going to be so great
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jopad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cathay Pacific

Originally Posted by JoBoznOllie
We flew back from UK with Cathay Pacific in May. Personally I found them fantastic, they couldn't have been more helpful. I was flying back on my own with a 4 year old and a 1 year old and it was a lot easier than I anticipated. There are the usual tv's in the back of seats and they come round at the beginning of the flight with activity bags for the kids. Ollie got a Nemo one and a Toy Story one with colouring books, stickers, crayons etc in. You are all given a pack with flight socks, tooth paste and toothbrush in which saves you carrying your own. They also gave us a 7 seats between 4 of us on the way to the Uk and 4 seats between us on the way back when we were only 2 paying passengers (hubby came back before I did so just me and kids). The air crew were great with the kids and really helped when they could. The only criticism of the whole thing was (I'm afraid to say with you saying your little one coiuld be fussy) is that the kids meals weren't great. It was chicken nuggets and wedges for one meal and I think fish fingers for another. They do have yoghurts, bread rolls and fruit though. Might be best to stick some snacky things in your bag if you can. Hong Kong airport is ok. There is a small 'play area' . Not as we know it (no climbing frames etc but a sort of maze thing with little activities to do) but it kept mine amused for a while and they can race about there without getting in anyones way. There's also a childrens tv room i think. The only international food outlet we saw was Burger King but there are some good noodle bars if your children will go for that. Anyway good luck with it all! Jo
Hi Jo,
Thank you very much for taking the time to do that long message. It was very helpful to us. Cannot believe we are off tomorrow. Just about packed now just the handlugguage to sort out. That is handy with the little play area at Hong Kong, hopefully it will wear the children out abit. Shame they haven't got one at Heathrow, come to mention it, every airport could do with them especially with long haul flights.
Many thanks (my name is also Jo)