Cathay Pacific

Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Jopad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cathay Pacific

hi Guys,

We are travelling to Brisbane via Hong Kong on Monday for our reccie. Just wondered whether anyone has flown with Cathay Pacific, how do you rate them. What entertainment have they for 2 young kiddies age 7 and 5? What meals are there especially for one of ours who is a rather fussy eater. Do they supply travel toothbrushes/ toothpaste and a kids pack.

Thanks!
Old Jul 21st 2007, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

JoBoznOllie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cathay Pacific

We flew back from UK with Cathay Pacific in May. Personally I found them fantastic, they couldn't have been more helpful. I was flying back on my own with a 4 year old and a 1 year old and it was a lot easier than I anticipated. There are the usual tv's in the back of seats and they come round at the beginning of the flight with activity bags for the kids. Ollie got a Nemo one and a Toy Story one with colouring books, stickers, crayons etc in. You are all given a pack with flight socks, tooth paste and toothbrush in which saves you carrying your own. They also gave us a 7 seats between 4 of us on the way to the Uk and 4 seats between us on the way back when we were only 2 paying passengers (hubby came back before I did so just me and kids). The air crew were great with the kids and really helped when they could. The only criticism of the whole thing was (I'm afraid to say with you saying your little one coiuld be fussy) is that the kids meals weren't great. It was chicken nuggets and wedges for one meal and I think fish fingers for another. They do have yoghurts, bread rolls and fruit though. Might be best to stick some snacky things in your bag if you can. Hong Kong airport is ok. There is a small 'play area' . Not as we know it (no climbing frames etc but a sort of maze thing with little activities to do) but it kept mine amused for a while and they can race about there without getting in anyones way. There's also a childrens tv room i think. The only international food outlet we saw was Burger King but there are some good noodle bars if your children will go for that. Anyway good luck with it all! Jo
Old Jul 21st 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Rachel69 will become famous soon enoughRachel69 will become famous soon enough

We flew out with Cathay Pacific from UK to Sydney a year and a half ago. We had our 4 kids with us then aged 3,5,8 and 9, they were fantastic. Really helpful and excellent with the kids. My youngest was ill with a bad cold, he had was feeling really poorly, achey and nose all bunged up etc, the air hostess really fussed over him and put warm towels over his forehead, and dropped some eucalyptus oil on them and tried to get him to inhale it. She also made him a warm drink with honey and lemon, and i hadnt even asked for anything. she kept coing over and massaging his face and forehead!

I cant really remember what the kids food was like, but they did get bags with colouring etc in and toothpaste/brushes etc. They also had in flight entertaiment with plenty of kids stuff.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:00 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jopad
hi Guys,

We are travelling to Brisbane via Hong Kong on Monday for our reccie. Just wondered whether anyone has flown with Cathay Pacific, how do you rate them. What entertainment have they for 2 young kiddies age 7 and 5? What meals are there especially for one of ours who is a rather fussy eater. Do they supply travel toothbrushes/ toothpaste and a kids pack.

Thanks!
we have flown with cathay a couple of times now. always been good. use there lounge in hk. costs about $30 but its got showers, food, internet, papers and a you can get a few beers all included.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Just done Cathay 6 weeks ago on our holiday to Oz, that turned out into an interview for the company I am now going to work for.

Flights were great (BTW I have already done over 50 flights this year for my UK job - so I know what i'm talking about!)

Going out Heathrow to HK then HK to Sydney, the flights were very quite. Heathrow to HK everyone in economy had a middle row of 4 on a 747 to themselves - a bigger bed than 1st class.

Coming back flights were pretty full. But service was good.

BUT WHAT I DID NOT LIKE:

3 out of the 4 flights were day flights i.e. board at 9 AM arrive 4-8PM. They absolutely insisted on shutting all the window blinds for the whole flight. Ok some people wanted to sleep because they were doing the whole trip in one hit without stop-over (but they gave out eye patches anyway), but for the rest of us, we missed a whole day of daylight and I was beginning to feel very closed in. I'm sure this is not good for jet lag. Infact, I read that the new Boeing 787 has extra large windows to let in more light and help stop jet lag.

When we go back to live in September, I am going Singapore Airlines from Manchester - so that I can avoid Heathrow chaos.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:35 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
They absolutely insisted on shutting all the window blinds for the whole flight. Ok some people wanted to sleep because they were doing the whole trip in one hit without stop-over (but they gave out eye patches anyway), but for the rest of us, we missed a whole day of daylight and I was beginning to feel very closed in. I'm sure this is not good for jet lag. Infact, I read that the new Boeing 787 has extra large windows to let in more light and help stop jet lag.
Flown with 'em several times and know what you're talking about. I prefer to stay awake for flights and get the jet-lag over in one go at the other end. I got round the problem by hanging out in the galley with the cabin crew, who couldn't have been friendlier.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 2:29 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

When we go back to live in September, I am going Singapore Airlines from Manchester - so that I can avoid Heathrow chaos.
It goes via Heathrow from Manchester doesn't it?
Old Jul 21st 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I am aware Singapore Airlines is direct Manchester - Singapore. Flight is timed at 13hrs 20min - so can't see a stop in LHR
Old Jul 21st 2007, 6:28 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I am aware Singapore Airlines is direct Manchester - Singapore. Flight is timed at 13hrs 20min - so can't see a stop in LHR
You're probably right Just someone told me the other day that it goes via Heathrow - that's what put me off using them from Manc.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 8:28 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Clippies
You're probably right Just someone told me the other day that it goes via Heathrow - that's what put me off using them from Manc.
We went twice with Singapore from Manchester, its a direct flight apart from Tuesdays & Thursday's which have a stop over in Zurich. Going with Cathy to Brisbane this time from Heathrow in three weeks, Singapore Airlines will take some beating though I think!
Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
We went twice with Singapore from Manchester, its a direct flight apart from Tuesdays & Thursday's which have a stop over in Zurich. Going with Cathy to Brisbane this time from Heathrow in three weeks, Singapore Airlines will take some beating though I think!
Ah well that's good to know, someone told me the other day that when they went from Manchester they had to go via Heathrow. Manchester is way closer than us so will start looking at there rather than Heathrow
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 12:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what they are like with kids, but they are an excellent airline to fly with. Used them a couple of times with no complaints.

Re having the window shades down - its partly so people can sleep, but also because if you are that high up the sun is very strong and the glare - especially off the clouds - is extreme. Looking at it for long periods can give you a kindof snow-blindness, and certainly isn't good for the eyes. it is also a health and safety measure really. Nothing to stop you having the lightSos on and reading
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

It is definately direct to Singapore on MON WED FRI SAT AND SUNDAY on a 777 if you go tue or thur it is via Zurich on a 747. Done the trip 3 times and would not dream of making the trip on any other airline
Good luck
Raven
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, we are booked for Friday 7/9/07 - visa permitting!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, we are booked for Friday 7/9/07 - visa permitting!
Are u goin to Brissie? If you are the timings are ace you will be in brissie just in time for a couple of beers then bed. Really helps wiyh the jetlag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.