Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cannot access Internet Perth / BigPond

Cannot access Internet Perth / BigPond

Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:04 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cannot access Internet Perth / BigPond

We haven't been able to connect to the internet since yesterday lunch. We are on bigpond broadband in Perth northern suburbs.

Anyone else had similar problems?

We have tried ringing the service line but you get put on hold for ever, though there is always a message about unusually high call volumes which may suggest a general issue though there is nothing on their website.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:32 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Cannot access Internet Perth / BigPond

Originally Posted by worzel
We haven't been able to connect to the internet since yesterday lunch. We are on bigpond broadband in Perth northern suburbs.

We have tried ringing the service line but you get put on hold for ever, though there is always a message about unusually high call volumes which may suggest a general issue though there is nothing on their website.
I can't help, but can sympathise. I'm with iinet, and when it rains, our connection is shocking. At other times, for no reason, I cannot connect. Have to turn modem on and off, repair connection. Drives me bonkers!!

Hope they sort the problem out soon!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:55 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
I can't help, but can sympathise. I'm with iinet, and when it rains, our connection is shocking. At other times, for no reason, I cannot connect. Have to turn modem on and off, repair connection. Drives me bonkers!!

Hope they sort the problem out soon!
We haven't had rain for a few days so that can't be it. And we haven't had problems in the 5 weeks at this house or 4 months previous.

I have rebooted, run virus checks, anti-spyware, turned off the modem etc. But what do you do to "repair the connection"?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 5:24 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't had rain for a few days so that can't be it. And we haven't had problems in the 5 weeks at this house or 4 months previous.

I have rebooted, run virus checks, anti-spyware, turned off the modem etc. But what do you do to "repair the connection"?
Try going to internet explorer (you do not need to have an internet connection to do this) and go to an address http://10.0.0.138/index.htm

From there , left hand side menu, click "save all", then go to "connections", click "disconnect", wait 10seconds and click "connect", Reboot and see how you went...

(forgot to add this earlier....) it normally doesn't ask any passwords etc in the process...

Last edited by teza; Apr 5th 2006 at 5:38 am. Reason: Forgot something
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:53 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Look, I'm no whizz, but this generally helps me.

Main menu, control panel, network connections, click on your modem and one option is "repair this connection".
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

way86 will become famous soon enoughway86 will become famous soon enough

no probs here in mindarie m8
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:49 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Mate, I take my hat off to you.
Unable to access internet but still posting? It's amazing

Have you had a look at www.whirlpool.net.au, in there will be a discussion forum for Bigpond users. Maybe someone else is having the same issues.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Bigpond has been down for a vast amount or Australia coverage for the last few days. It is hoped to be up and running today. sooo frustrating but at least you know that the problem it is not at you end.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:03 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

I binned big pond as their customer service is rotten ,i went westnet in the end a small perth based company who have excellent customer service and will always ring you back in 5-10 minutes
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
I binned big pond as their customer service is rotten ,i went westnet in the end a small perth based company who have excellent customer service and will always ring you back in 5-10 minutes

I can second that, Westnet are excellent and actually value your custom, unlike Telstra who are more shocking than B.T if that is possible. Everyone should move to Westnet if you value great customer service.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Website to find a new broadband ISP

Forum for Bigpond

Whirlpool

Check out these for all your broadband/ISP questions
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by shorrock
Website to find a new broadband ISP

Forum for Bigpond

Whirlpool

Check out these for all your broadband/ISP questions
what I said
post #7
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gedge
what I said
post #7
lol, I got to post five and didn't go any further. Sorry for missing yours
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by shorrock
lol, I got to post five and didn't go any further. Sorry for missing yours
no worries, great minds think alike I don't know how we did
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:29 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
I can second that, Westnet are excellent and actually value your custom, unlike Telstra who are more shocking than B.T if that is possible. Everyone should move to Westnet if you value great customer service.
here,here