Reload this Page >

Canberra meet up

Canberra meet up

Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:16 am
Just Joined

mcbowles is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Canberra meet up

Thanks everyone - what a warm welcome!

We're actually living in the inner north - in Dickson (not the norm based on the other postings i've read!) - We have 2 kiddies 2 & 4 years old. Would be great to meet at some point ... when I've got all the necessary stuff done (doctors, pre-school etc...)

Not sure whether this is the best area to post this - but does anyone happen to know of a tax accountant in Canberra that could look at both UK tax & Australian? (let me know if I should post this somewhere else!)

Anyhow - very pleased to find this site - will not doubt become a regular!

Regards to all & have fun at the meet up on Saturday -

Fiona
Old Oct 26th 2007, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canberra meet up

Gosh, another Northsider - we are in Ainslie! Welcome!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 5:03 am
Just Joined

mcbowles is on a distinguished road

Thanks Quoll - I'm in Ainslie - do you have any young children? - If so, then I will probably bump into you at local activities - I'll listen out for an English accent?!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcbowles
Thanks Quoll - I'm in Ainslie - do you have any young children? - If so, then I will probably bump into you at local activities - I'll listen out for an English accent?!
Erm I'm afraid you will be more likely to find Quoll behind the classroom door or the desk - she is/was a teacher and if I am not mistaken is more likely to have grandchildren. Am I right Quoll?
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, quite right! A brand new granddaughter and, thank heavens, no longer within cooee of an educational establishment after 25 years! Not much of an English accent either I'm afraid - didnt have much of a one to start with so it didnt really stick. I have been here nearly 29 years!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It was great to meet you all yesterday! My brain ached after that quiz!!!!! Thanks for the organizing, Sarah!!!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
It was great to meet you all yesterday! My brain ached after that quiz!!!!! Thanks for the organizing, Sarah!!!
Likewise Quoll - it was a great day and sets the scene for many more to come...

I have attached some pics of the day - the quiz winners~~!
Quoll, Scottish John and Carmele
Attached Thumbnails Canberra meet up-quiz-winners.jpg  
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

And the day was a success with people fishing (and catching) and others just eating and getting tiddly with wine and beer....
Attached Thumbnails Canberra meet up-pete-fishing.jpg   Canberra meet up-picnic-park.jpg   Canberra meet up-jaj-daniel.jpg  
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:52 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
And the day was a success with people fishing (and catching) and others just eating and getting tiddly with wine and beer....

Looks like a BEAUT spot... never envisaged Canberra to look so pretty !!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah you dont know what you are missing - it is a beautiful spot!!!!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Looks like a BEAUT spot... never envisaged Canberra to look so pretty !!
Thanks - people always say that - but you have to experience it to appreciate it - it's not called the 'bush capital' for nothing. On our way home at about 5.45 we passed right by a group of approx 16 skippies
Old Oct 28th 2007, 6:19 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

A lovely day had by all I reckon

Thanks for organising it Sarah, maybe I'll do the quiz next time

Well done to Quoll alias '' speed demon'' with her answers on the quiz! Come on now don't be modest

Carmel
x
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carmele
A lovely day had by all I reckon

Thanks for organising it Sarah, maybe I'll do the quiz next time

Well done to Quoll alias '' speed demon'' with her answers on the quiz! Come on now don't be modest

Carmel
x
Hey no worries.

Hopefully the next meet up will have a few new arrivals
Old Nov 1st 2007, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Hi Guys, looks like you all had a great time at the meet! Hope to be there for the next one (hope springs eternal as they say!) Will pick your brains Quoll about schooling!
Can any of you guys tell me if there are beaches/swimming places on Lake burley or the other lakes in canberra?
Cheers
Emma
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by black cat
Hi Guys, looks like you all had a great time at the meet! Hope to be there for the next one (hope springs eternal as they say!) Will pick your brains Quoll about schooling!
Can any of you guys tell me if there are beaches/swimming places on Lake burley or the other lakes in canberra?
Cheers
Emma
No worries, Emma, happy to have my brains picked!!

We actually have 3 lakes in Canberra - all quite large. There are places where kids can paddle and even swim if you want to. There are apologies for beaches, yes, but it isnt a huge swimming attraction. Most people, if they need the beach will hop in the car - it isnt that far to some of the world's best beaches, just a couple of hours really. There are parks on the lake though - Weston (where we were last weekend) which are pleasant. We do have more 50m pools than in the whole of UK I believe and in the summer most kids will hang out at one of the pools.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.