British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Canberra meet up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/canberra-meet-up-456220/)

3littlefigs Jun 6th 2007 11:01 am

Canberra meet up

Hi there - We have just moved to Canberra. - with 3 kids (1,4 and 4) and wondered if anyone fancied meeting up. Matt & Donna

carmele Jun 7th 2007 7:50 am

Re: Canberra meet up

Hi Matt and Donna,

We will be up for meeting up when we arrive at the end of July, we have two boys, nearly 4 and 5.

Thanks for the info by the way on the other thread about areas in Canberra, very useful!

Carmel

Smike Jun 7th 2007 11:40 am

Originally Posted by 3littlefigs (Post 4879550)
Hi there - We have just moved to Canberra. - with 3 kids (1,4 and 4) and wondered if anyone fancied meeting up. Matt & Donna

Welcome to Canberra......and sorry it's so cold!

pomref Jun 7th 2007 11:55 am

Originally Posted by 3littlefigs (Post 4879550)

Sounds a good idea, let me know when you arrange a date:rofl:

nev_n_angie Jun 7th 2007 11:58 am

Originally Posted by pomref (Post 4884343)

Can't join in this time - don't arrive until 7th September!!!! But would love to later on - kids are 16,15 & 11 - bit older!!!!

Angie

pomref Jun 7th 2007 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by nev_n_angie (Post 4884349)
Can't join in this time - don't arrive until 7th September!!!! But would love to later on - kids are 16,15 & 11 - bit older!!!!

Angie

Well were have to have a big Christmas one this year then. I have a step son 17 but he's an aussie lol.

Iv lived in Canberra since 2002 but i have to say all of a sudden a lot of people are coming here, be nice to see more British people in Canberra, hopefully your have loads of DVDs i can borrow.

I did get a load of Only fools & horses off Turtle Tom but hes moved back to England in April:(.

so bring it on, the more poms the better :)

3littlefigs Jun 7th 2007 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Smike (Post 4884294)

Hey at least it's sunny. Kids are loving it all the same:D

3littlefigs Jun 7th 2007 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by pomref (Post 4884474)
Well were have to have a big Christmas one this year then. I have a step son 17 but he's an aussie lol.

Iv lived in Canberra since 2002 but i have to say all of a sudden a lot of people are coming here, be nice to see more British people in Canberra, hopefully your have loads of DVDs i can borrow.

I did get a load of Only fools & horses off Turtle Tom but hes moved back to England in April:(.

so bring it on, the more poms the better :)

Big christmas meetup sounds good.
Anyone have any ideas for now?

We will have to see what we can do for you on the movie front. We don't have any fools and horses, but sure we will have something. Have you heard of the hustle? Shameless?

sasbear Jun 8th 2007 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Smike (Post 4884294)

Hi smike - where u at?

sasbear Jun 8th 2007 10:45 am

Originally Posted by pomref (Post 4884343)

Hey - hows it hanging?

Just got back from the big smoke - you fancy coming over for a bit this weekend?

sasbear Jun 8th 2007 10:47 am

Originally Posted by 3littlefigs (Post 4887480)

We will have to see what we can do for you on the movie front. We don't have any fools and horses, but sure we will have something. Have you heard of the hustle? Shameless?

A meet up sounds good - do we want an adult one first or a family freindly one? Don't think our sprog will be interested - too busy with her new life!

pomref Jun 8th 2007 11:32 am

Originally Posted by sasbear (Post 4889101)
A meet up sounds good - do we want an adult one first or a family freindly one? Don't think our sprog will be interested - too busy with her new life!

Defentlity an adult first time.

see you monday glad you Enjoyed Sydney

pomref Jun 8th 2007 11:37 am

Originally Posted by 3littlefigs (Post 4887480)

Well we should have a meet up now and a big christmas one later in the year. Iv seen some hustle on UK TV, whats shameless?

I Got an idea:rofl: we could have an Christmas in July a lot of places next month do the full christmas party iv never done one before here but its just an idea:blink:

pomref Jun 8th 2007 11:41 am

Originally Posted by nev_n_angie (Post 4884349)

Angie

What part of Canberra you moving to?

I live in Ngunnawal the FAR NORTH of Canberra

jon&kate Jun 8th 2007 11:44 am

Hopefully we will be arriving in sep or oct and will be looking to make some new friends we have two boy's aged 3 and 6.:thumbsup: