Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Canberra meet up

Canberra meet up

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:15 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canberra meet up

Pm'd you Sas, it all looks good, thanks for organising it all.

Carmel
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really nice

Originally Posted by sasbear
here is a bried map of the location for Western park, Yarralumla

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&h...003557&ie=UTF8

1.30 pm onwards this Saturday coming.

Anyone welcome - here is the list so far:-
Carmele, Chris and their boys
Lisa, Jaj and their 2 children
Debs and Pat - maybe Aleesha?
Carmele and Christian
John and Karen
Me and OH

Haven't heard from 3 little figs?

Anyone else want to turn up on the day - the more the merrier.

Hi Sasbear

We finally arrive in Canberra on 22nd January so look forward to coming to one of the meets after that date.

best wishes

Helen
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:06 pm
CANBERRA !!!

jajnlis is an unknown quantity at this point

Do Domino's deliver up there ? :-) Failing that, I guess we just bring our own Eglus and open them up ?????

Looking forward to it..........anyone got a cricket set ? Bring a rule book while you're at it.......and a fly swatter

JAJ
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hel&Will
Hi Sasbear

We finally arrive in Canberra on 22nd January so look forward to coming to one of the meets after that date.

best wishes

Helen
Hey that's great news - look forward to meeting you
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jajnlis
Do Domino's deliver up there ? :-) Failing that, I guess we just bring our own Eglus and open them up ?????

Looking forward to it..........anyone got a cricket set ? Bring a rule book while you're at it.......and a fly swatter

JAJ

I thought more sedate - a quiz has been prepared - bring your brains with you
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:49 pm
CANBERRA !!!

jajnlis is an unknown quantity at this point

Lisa was coming anyway

Who prepared the quiz might I ask ? Your good self or Carmele ??!!??!!??

Dan wants to take the fishing gear as well
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jajnlis
Lisa was coming anyway

Who prepared the quiz might I ask ? Your good self or Carmele ??!!??!!??

Dan wants to take the fishing gear as well
Sounds good - Pete will be going with his fishing rod (to feed the fish) - and I prepared the quiz! And it has been hidden in a top secret place
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like being quite a hectic weekend in our house but will try and pop over for at least a few minutes! Look forward to meeting you all (fingers crossed!)

There are always lots of lollies and ice creams at the kiosk if Dominos cant make it

Angela
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=quoll;5459963]Looks like being quite a hectic weekend in our house but will try and pop over for at least a few minutes! Look forward to meeting you all (fingers crossed!)

There are always lots of lollies and ice creams at the kiosk if Dominos cant make it

Hi Angela, would be great to meet you too - fingers crossed you can manage it.

Sarah
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

mcbowles is on a distinguished road

Hi there - We just moved to Canberra about 6 weeks ago now - (have only just come across this site though!!) - We would have loved to meet up on Saturday but unfortunately daughters 4th Birthday - so we have other things organised - would def be interested in meeting up at a later date (esp family things - as we have no childcare yet either!!) -

Note for Helen - where in West Sussex are you from? - I was brought up there too!

Regards

F
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really nice

Originally Posted by mcbowles
Hi there - We just moved to Canberra about 6 weeks ago now - (have only just come across this site though!!) - We would have loved to meet up on Saturday but unfortunately daughters 4th Birthday - so we have other things organised - would def be interested in meeting up at a later date (esp family things - as we have no childcare yet either!!) -

Note for Helen - where in West Sussex are you from? - I was brought up there too!

Regards

F
Hi Mcbowles and welcome to BE

We would not be moving to Canberra in January if it hadn't been for all the help and advice we have received over the last 3 years on here to help us get our visa. BE is a hive of information.

We are in Crawley - where did you live?

regards

Helen
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

mcbowles is on a distinguished road

Hi Helen - good to hear from you - and great to hear that the BE site has been a support for you... I can't believe I've only just found it!!

RE: West Sussex... it seemed really weird just cruising through the postings .. sort of eavesdropping on other folk chatting.. then seeing such a familiar place! - I spent most of my youth in Chichester, so not too far away, but moved to London after teenage years etc.....

Best of luck with all the organising and farewells over the next few months - you sound pretty organised - and have probably felt prepared for a long time...

(I must admit I'm probably just beginning to feel 'human' again after our UK departure, as it all seemed like such a huge emotional rollercoaster in the last couple of weeks) - for some reason I wasn't quite expected that........

Having said that - we have a couple of toddlers - so had to quickly jump into life here - and I must say - we have already met a number of people and beginning to really love it ....

No doubt we shall chat again - just realised that it's 12.30 - which is probably why I'm writing in a fairly knackered disjointed way!

All the best

Fiona
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Hi Helen - good to hear from you - and great to hear that the BE site has been a support for you... I can't believe I've only just found it!!

RE: West Sussex... it seemed really weird just cruising through the postings .. sort of eavesdropping on other folk chatting.. then seeing such a familiar place! - I spent most of my youth in Chichester, so not too far away, but moved to London after teenage years etc.....

Best of luck with all the organising and farewells over the next few months - you sound pretty organised - and have probably felt prepared for a long time...

(I must admit I'm probably just beginning to feel 'human' again after our UK departure, as it all seemed like such a huge emotional rollercoaster in the last couple of weeks) - for some reason I wasn't quite expected that........

Having said that - we have a couple of toddlers - so had to quickly jump into life here - and I must say - we have already met a number of people and beginning to really love it ....

No doubt we shall chat again - just realised that it's 12.30 - which is probably why I'm writing in a fairly knackered disjointed way!

All the best

Fiona
Quick Hello, from another Canberra bound! We should be arriving at some point before christmas with our 2 small ones (3 and 5). All the best Emma ( now go to bed and get a good nights sleep!)

Last edited by black cat; Oct 25th 2007 at 3:10 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:27 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fiona,

BE is mine of information sometimes We are also in canberra, been here since the end of july. whereabouts are you? If you fancy meeting up for a coffee at a playplace or something with the kids, we have two boys 6and 4. drop us a line.

Carmel
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

All the best

Fiona
Hi fiona,

Welcome to BE Canberra!

I too found this site late I was in Oz over 5 months before I found it - and there wasn't many Pomms around 2 years ago but there is an influx - so it seems.

Where in Canberra are you (I bet you say south side)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.