Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Canada to Australia

Canada to Australia

Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

tahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nice
Default Canada to Australia

Hi guys,

please help anyone, I really need to know:
1. Can somebody suggest any moving (removals) companies from Canada to Oz and what was the approx. cost.

2. If plumbing sizes are similar in OZ to Canadian once? or if they can be fitted. I have several brand new water faucets and do not want to through then away.

Please help anyone...

Tim
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

tahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nicetahititim is just really nice
Default Re: Canada to Australia

Is there any canadians here, please, help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,

I can not believe no one can suggest any removal co from Canada?

Heeeeeelp me...................
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tahititim
Hello,

Hello. I think Dorothy in WA is a Canadian. She tends to answer the Canadian questions but she's probably still sleeping at the moment (it currently 7:15am in WA). Maybe you could send her a PM.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jul 4th 2008 at 11:16 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Very early Saturday morning in Aus! There are a few Canadians around but you'll need to be more patient

Like suggested by MartinLuther, try looking for posts by Dorothy,
http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=47522
I think Comet555 is another Canadian too.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=51036
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

please help anyone, I really need to know:
1. Can somebody suggest any moving (removals) companies from Canada to Oz and what was the approx. cost.

2. If plumbing sizes are similar in OZ to Canadian once? or if they can be fitted. I have several brand new water faucets and do not want to through then away.

Please help anyone...

Tim
Um, it's 1 am when you posted this
Is there any canadians here, please, help!!!!!!!!!!!!
4:17 am
Hello,

7 am on a Saturday. Try to be patient and we will anwer you. There's a 12 hour time difference between here and there.

Anyway, we used Allied Pickfords and were very happy with the service. We also got a quote from Crown, but they were more expensive and we didn't like the guy who came to do the quote. He was really up himself and looked down his nose at our crap 3 bed house in the burbs.

Your plumbing stuff should be fine. We had to buy all new electrics, though. Even with the currency converter (cheap at Wal Mart) our electrics still don't perform very well. Blowdryer burned a large chunk of my hair off because it got so f'ing hot, mysterious blue smoke from old laptop, food processor spews black oil, etc.

Now, I expect an answer with a large thank you within the next 30 minutes
Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:26 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Old Jul 5th 2008, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

great thread!! i have been looking for the same info!!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 8:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Still didn't get the thank you, though. How very Un-Canadian to be not grateful when someone helps.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 8:05 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
great thread!! i have been looking for the same info!!
Anything you want to know, ML, just ask. We've been here 2 years now so pretty much settled.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Um, it's 1 am when you posted this

4:17 am

7 am on a Saturday. Try to be patient and we will anwer you. There's a 12 hour time difference between here and there.

Anyway, we used Allied Pickfords and were very happy with the service. We also got a quote from Crown, but they were more expensive and we didn't like the guy who came to do the quote. He was really up himself and looked down his nose at our crap 3 bed house in the burbs.

Your plumbing stuff should be fine. We had to buy all new electrics, though. Even with the currency converter (cheap at Wal Mart) our electrics still don't perform very well. Blowdryer burned a large chunk of my hair off because it got so f'ing hot, mysterious blue smoke from old laptop, food processor spews black oil, etc.

HUUUUUge Thaaaaanks !!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be so impatient, I was at work so thought time was flying by ... Thanks a million for a great info. Can you give me a clue on the average price (moving to Mel.): I also have a 3 beds home here, won't take any electrical with me.

Did you find life to be a bit more expencive compared to Canada? We are normally buying a mid range priced clothing, shop at Costco (heard it's coming to OZ),Safeway and Superstore (basically average middle class).

GEee, I have so many questions that I need to organize myself before I ask !!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:06 am
Still alive

I've lived in Adelaide and Perth, so can't really compare Melbourne. House prices here are very expensive compared to most of Canada. For instance, we sold our 3 bed house in Burlington Ontario for 280k which here would get us a 2 bedroom apartment. Food shopping is more expensive for the most part. What I couldn't get over was how expensive produce is. I talk to my dad regularly and we compare prices of things like bananas (39cents lb in Canada/2.00 lb here), petrol ($1.60 litre here) etc. Mind you, wages here are higher than where we left also, so it works out.

I'm not sure where you are in Canada, but we found the pace much slower here. It's a really nice change from the hustle & bustle that is Southern Ontario.

Sorry for the sarcastic reply yesterday by the way. It's not my usual style. Anything else you want to know just ask.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

melbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud of

I've lived in Adelaide and Perth, so can't really compare Melbourne. House prices here are very expensive compared to most of Canada. For instance, we sold our 3 bed house in Burlington Ontario for 280k which here would get us a 2 bedroom apartment. Food shopping is more expensive for the most part. What I couldn't get over was how expensive produce is. I talk to my dad regularly and we compare prices of things like bananas (39cents lb in Canada/2.00 lb here), petrol ($1.60 litre here) etc. Mind you, wages here are higher than where we left also, so it works out.

Bananas 39c lb in Canada and 2.00 lb here. Don't you mean $2.00 per kg in Australia? That would be about $1.00 per lb here wouldn't it?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:21 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by melbournegirl
Bananas 39c lb in Canada and 2.00 lb here. Don't you mean $2.00 per kg in Australia? That would be about $1.00 per lb here wouldn't it?
No, I mean $2 per lb. Bananas here in Perth currently $3.99 kilo. That works out to $2 per lb. And yes, 39c per lb in Burlington Ontario where my parents live.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:18 am
Home and Happy

No, I mean $2 per lb. Bananas here in Perth currently $3.99 kilo. That works out to $2 per lb. And yes, 39c per lb in Burlington Ontario where my parents live.
Fruit here is usually expensive unless you buy the poor quality stuff in the supermarkets. A lot of the better fruit goes for export, we are left with the remainder. If there is an event like Cyclone Larry, which wiped out a large part of the banana crop in 2006, you see the price go through the roof instantly. Bananas were like gold dust here for many months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.