Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone ID this toad?

Can anyone ID this toad?

Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:33 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone ID this toad?

Originally Posted by Oz_Dreamer
What's wrong with cane toads? Are they harmful?
http://members.iinet.net.au/~bush/CT.PDF
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let a dog near them and kill them hard and fast. Destroying the good frog population and they are foul things that are spreading south fast. It's your duty to stop them
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:49 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I still couldn't bring myself to kill one, even if I could find it again. We don't have any pets so that's not a big concer. I could always send my husband out with the golf clubs but I don't think he could do it either

So looks like it's free range around our house!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Can anyone identify this toad?
Attached Thumbnails Can anyone ID this toad?-ryanmoloneymed.gif  
Old Oct 9th 2007, 2:19 pm
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Lightbulb Re: Can anyone ID this toad?

Why don't you give it a big Kiss and see if it turns in to anything?

Old Oct 9th 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TheSubMainMan

Ew!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:03 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
I found this while weeding the other day. It was hiding behind a pot by my front garden and it scared the crap out of me since I was right beside it when it moved.

Anyone know what it is? At first I thought it was a cane toad, but it doesn't exactly look like the pictures I found.
looks like the one I nearly stood on - on the way home - and I proceeding to scream as it jumped at me, yes at me not near me, at me, vile creature
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

JR05 will become famous soon enoughJR05 will become famous soon enough

Could put it in a hole! (Soz)
Jay
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

hold on! hold on! make an orderly queue ladies (and gents) i want that prince!!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:35 pm
Got Visa

hopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nice

According to the article below you should pop them in the fridge, just don't mix them up with the ice cubes and pop them in your drink

The most humane way to kill juvenile and adult cane toads is to catch them and put them into a secure container with air holes (plastic takeaway food containers are ideal). Put the container in a refrigerator overnight which causes the toad to go into a coma-like state. Then move the container to the freezer the next morning and freeze until the next garbage collection day or freeze it for a couple days and then bury them in the backyard compost bin or garden bed.
</IMG>
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:06 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hopefullybrisbane
According to the article below you should pop them in the fridge, just don't mix them up with the ice cubes and pop them in your drink

The most humane way to kill juvenile and adult cane toads is to catch them and put them into a secure container with air holes (plastic takeaway food containers are ideal). Put the container in a refrigerator overnight which causes the toad to go into a coma-like state. Then move the container to the freezer the next morning and freeze until the next garbage collection day or freeze it for a couple days and then bury them in the backyard compost bin or garden bed.
</IMG>
bugger that lol just kill the sods
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:41 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

If it wasn't for the sacks of poison on it, I might be tempted!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:19 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Red face Re: Can anyone ID this toad?

Could just lick them!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoactive_toad

Don't know the legality of this thou!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:27 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

I'ts my EX!!!! The voo-doo worked!!YAY!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
I'ts my EX!!!! The voo-doo worked!!YAY!
PMSL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.