Cairns

Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

CassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really niceCassienJames is just really nice
Default Re: Cairns

thanks for your time bix! there seems to be work, i will keep an eye on that link you sent.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wardy2
we're now 100% decided its Cairns. If it goes tits up then will consider relocating but for now my family have given me my wish they feel they owe me one.

Hubby will be happy anywhere as long as I tell him to be

Yipeeeee...looking forward to a few bevvies with you
Lizx

I reckon we may end up out there around the same time..end of March??
Old Jan 17th 2008, 11:15 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Me to Liz see you soon
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:12 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richayl
Was on the net searching houses last night in the areas from the list you posted. We're looking for quite a large 4 bed 2 bath with pool, preferably a new build, lots of 4 beds around but some not very big, is there any new estates you can think of that may be suitable? Thanks, Hayley
I think a lot of builds in the past started at about 700 square metres but now over 700 seems rare. Builders have caught the UK disease - how many houses can they get on a postage stamp.

Actually that is exagerating a bit but undoubtedly there are far more in the 400-600 range than ever before.

With rising material costs one of the sacrifices for new builds has been the pool. If you want one, you have to add it. AUD 25-35K I would say.

There are plenty of larger houses scattered throughout all the suburbs so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

A lot of the newer builds on the internet are Smithfield, Redlynch and Edmonton. Some nice houses amongst them but not overly large in size or plot. You can tell a lot of these as the gardens aren't mature yet and the road may not yet be on the map.

Ultimately it will depend on how much you are prepared to spend and what sort of location you want. Don't worry, there's a house waiting for you.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:13 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Might be a little too late for that one but will make up for it next time
We'll have to keep it quiet then.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:47 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

oooh Bix you are such a sweetheart you can't wait really
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:48 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

From our research you seem to get more land and space for your money in the South of Cairns possibly Edmonton and gordonvale.

Not so sure many build with pools, we have been looking at established property mainly because of the beautiful gardens and pools already in. Some of them are as good as new, saw a lovely one in Bentley park

Cant wait to go looking properly
i would put an established garden at the bottom of your list of what to look for. you are coming to the tropics and plants grow like nothing you will have ever seen before. on our last house i created a lush tropical garden in less than 2 years. i bought several established palms ( $25 to $50 ) , licualas, foxtails, rednecks, lipsticks , alexs etc and then the rest was from cuttings. i put a bit of effort in and planted lots of heliconias, gingers, cordylines, crotons and many more then added lots of water ( you can do that up here)and ended up with a pretty good looking back yard. although a bit of maintenance it felt like you were on holiday while floating round the pool.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by youngy73
i would put an established garden at the bottom of your list of what to look for. you are coming to the tropics and plants grow like nothing you will have ever seen before. on our last house i created a lush tropical garden in less than 2 years. i bought several established palms ( $25 to $50 ) , licualas, foxtails, rednecks, lipsticks , alexs etc and then the rest was from cuttings. i put a bit of effort in and planted lots of heliconias, gingers, cordylines, crotons and many more then added lots of water ( you can do that up here)and ended up with a pretty good looking back yard. although a bit of maintenance it felt like you were on holiday while floating round the pool.
Must make a note of all those plants as not the worlds greatest gardener..what a hidden talent you have there! Alan Titchmarsh move over
Liz
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:54 am
aka DORIS

Sounds fantastic. What about fruit trees sounds stupid I know can you grow them is the condition for them I was thinking about lemons even possibly bannanas, apples etc grew up with my dad growing fruit so would be great if I could.

Gardens not a priority it was really just the block sizes were a bit better.

Thanks

kaye
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:55 am
aka DORIS

Bix i can see you
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:23 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix i can see you
Indeed you can
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:27 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Is there much difference between Cairns and Townsville climate wise?
Beth x x
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:28 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Sounds fantastic. What about fruit trees sounds stupid I know can you grow them is the condition for them I was thinking about lemons even possibly bannanas, apples etc grew up with my dad growing fruit so would be great if I could.

Gardens not a priority it was really just the block sizes were a bit better.

Thanks

kaye
Our neighbour has planted lemon trees right next to our fence so looking forward to some windfalls

When we moved in there were a couple of triangular palms the same height as the 4' fence. They are now twice the height - just 12 months later.

Yep, things grow bloody fast - especially weeds
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:37 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Is there much difference between Cairns and Townsville climate wise?
Beth x x
Cairns is the wet tropics - lush green.
http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/qld/ca..._history.shtml

TV is the dry tropics - more arid.
http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/qld/to..._history.shtml
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:43 am
aka DORIS

Originally Posted by Bix
Our neighbour has planted lemon trees right next to our fence so looking forward to some windfalls

When we moved in there were a couple of triangular palms the same height as the 4' fence. They are now twice the height - just 12 months later.

Yep, things grow bloody fast - especially weeds
I like to garden but hate to weed and fresh lemons for me vodka

Do people grow apples etc or is it more difficult

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.