Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying new car - which extra's to consider (tinting)

Buying new car - which extra's to consider (tinting)

Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:28 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying new car - which extra's to consider (tinting)

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
A quality tint will last about 15years, some have lifetime warranties. I got the darkest legal tint and it's been fantastic, wouldn't ever get a car without tint again.
Avoid paint protection, it's just a con...especially if you regularly wax and maintain your car anyway. Most have clauses that require you to get the protection inspected and re-applied annually at owner cost. Maintain your car's paintwork properly with decent products and regular washing and you won't have any bother.

You didn't seriously think they swapped all your glass for tinted glass did you?
You can Factory order tinted glass, where the glass is tinted not an add on film.
And totally agree paint protection is a total waste of money, look after your car buy cleaning and waxing and you won't go wrong.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Buying new car - which extra's to consider (tinting)

Originally Posted by Wol
You may roll around, but I *did* think they ordered up a car with tinted windows.

(In point of fact, the CR-V did come with slight tints anyway).
More info from the dealer. I asked

Can you let me know if the tinting is a plastic layer applied to the
window or is the actual glass tinted?

Dealer replied:

The tints we use are by Ming also called Motor One a very reputable company, they use metallized film that goes on the inside of vehicle it comes with a lifetime warranty for bubbles, fading discolouration etc