Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:15 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by alipally
I'm gutted... wished I'd seen this a few weeks ago... I just booked flights for May.. paid over $1900...I would happily of paid the extra for a flight that didn't leave me completely exhausted!
On the bright side, once you have flown business or First it makes flying economy ever again even worse because you know what people are doing behind the curtain in front - and it's not sat bolt upright for 12 hours in a tiny seat.

You've been saved from yourself OK- I admit, its not much consolation...
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
On the bright side, once you have flown business or First it makes flying economy ever again even worse because you know what people are doing behind the curtain in front - and it's not sat bolt upright for 12 hours in a tiny seat.

You've been saved from yourself OK- I admit, its not much consolation...

Yes I agree with that. Years of travel in business / first courtesy of my employers has left me with the very expensive affliction of being unable to tolerate economy for more than three hours now.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:49 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully US Airways will continue to run this offer 2 - 3 times a year in its frantic attempts to gather some cash!

And doesn't go bankrupt of course.

Or leave the Star Alliance!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I HAVE MY MILES
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

and I am now booked! Fly out with Singapore airlines and back with Thai airlines. The Singapore flight times are not great but the Thai airlines though London are pretty decent.

It took 1.5 hours to sort through it all but I had a great customer service girl on the phone.

Thanks BC!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:54 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
and I am now booked!
PHEW! Glad to hear you got it all worked out in the end.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hereandnow is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just enquired for a flight from Perth in June and was told there was no availability. Disappointing - this was such a good deal.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

make sure they break the flights down into sectors. The girl I has was looking for direct flights until i said we change in singapore or bangkok. The was then able to get some availability but even at that we had to put in lots of dates. Try again.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Defo, some of the operators are clueless!!

The first one i spoke to last week had everything done in about 10 mins...but my points weren't available and she couldn't hold flights for 3 days

The one yesterday took about an hour but got there in the end
Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Hereandnow
I have just enquired for a flight from Perth in June and was told there was no availability. Disappointing - this was such a good deal.
Kingseat is right - try again!

I think the problem is some options don't automatically show up as connections - and some operators either can't be bothered or don't know how to look into them.

I have had a quick look (for 2 seats) and can see loads of available options ex Perth to London on Thai in June - if you are prepared to overnight in Bangkok (literally for about 13 hours - there is an airport hotel) then you will get a connecting flight onto London.

As Kingseat also said - the return flights on Thai offer better connections and no such issues.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 1:59 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

I still havent taken the plunge and purchased the miles, could be a last minute thing tomorrow morning!

My main worry is that after spending about 30mins on the phone to "Wes" at US Airways Ive not been able to get 2 business class seats on about 3 different routes across from Perth to Vancouver, Im checking on the furthest out flights they can currently book (rtn into Perth 2 Mar 2011) as I cant check the actual dates I want for about another 3 weeks...

It seems that pretty much any Air Canada flight across from either Tokyo or Sydney to Vancouver doesnt seem to have 2 award seats even 11mths in advance...

So im concerned i'll buy the miles and then not be able to get business class seats and be stuck....

Does anyone know if an actual airlines reward seats have to be available to other star alliance airlines to book?
ie: if Air Canada have 2 seats showing when I look at their website directly, US airways should also see them as available to book with the Dividend points?
Im worried a partner airline could be wise to what we are trying to do with this scheme so dont allow them to be booked by US airways, could that be possible?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:47 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Yes airlines can make seats available to their frequent flyers but not those of other airlines - e.g. Singapore Krisflyers can get business etc on the A380 - if they are prepared to pay an outrageous amount of miles.

If you want to check availability sign up for the frequent flyer program of the Japanese airline ANA - I find what I see there always matches what I can get. I've tried Air Canada's too but the website rattles my cage!

Now, I haven't mentioned it before because this website is NOT FRIENDLY! It's also a bit like a US Airways call centre rep in that it won't put together routings for you - so if you search for PER - YVR it probably wont give you any options. You'd have to use a flight sector search and try and build it yourself.

e.g. for me asking for MEL - EDI gave me:

*We are sorry to inform you that there are no applicable direct or connecting flights.

But doing it myself MEL - BKK - FRA - EDI with back to back connections - no problems, called up US, gave them the dates and flight numbers, no mucking about - no problem!

Steve, I do think your proposed itinerary is a very tricky one though - I'd think twice.

Last edited by bcworld; Mar 31st 2010 at 9:49 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

BCW - how quickly did you get your confirmation through and do US Airways ticket you? I forgot to ask when I phoned but I was knackered after the booking process!

Just not sure if the email is sufficient for checking-in.

I need to book the transit hotel in Singapore today for my 14 hours layover!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 11:27 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Kingseat
BCW - how quickly did you get your confirmation through and do US Airways ticket you? I forgot to ask when I phoned but I was knackered after the booking process!

Just not sure if the email is sufficient for checking-in.

I need to book the transit hotel in Singapore today for my 14 hours layover!
I don't think one ever arrived!

I think I just went onto the website and emailed myself the reservation details.

Yes, US Airways will ticket the reservation...it will be an eTicket though - I just handed over my passport atr check-in and nothing else. If you log on can you see the reservation and a ticket number?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bcworld
I don't think one ever arrived!

I think I just went onto the website and emailed myself the reservation details.

Yes, US Airways will ticket the reservation...it will be an eTicket though - I just handed over my passport atr check-in and nothing else. If you log on can you see the reservation and a ticket number?
I know my reservation is there and I have a booking reference from USA but I will have another look at it. I want to speak to Thai and Singapore about my seat allocation anyway.

Thanks again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.