Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by Centurion
You might be stuck though. 4 award flights are tricky to find on the same plane over a few sectors. It's sometimes hard enough finding 2 together.
Not worried about flying out or back together - in fact I think the two blokes have to fly back from Paris after 3 weeks and then us women will go on to London and have a week in the Cotsworlds or something like that.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 3:46 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
Not worried about flying out or back together - in fact I think the two blokes have to fly back from Paris after 3 weeks and then us women will go on to London and have a week in the Cotsworlds or something like that.
Well if you're as flexible as that I think it could work....availability ex MEL is very good. Then there are loads of potential routings to Paris including a non-stop from BKK on Thai.

I have loaded up on miles....when I book I'm thinking of going for Swiss business or first next time - I think it is very highly rated and availability looks good too.

I think the rules are if you want to do an open jaw that you can't have any stopovers en route.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Well I did my first class flights to Uk and very nice too they were.

Have some somewhat better than expected PJ's (4 pairs actually) as souvenirs. And now know how to eat caviar nicely thanks to a sweet steward who coached me in 1st class etiquttee on my first leg when i was the only passenger for him and a stewardess to look after. Have to say that the other passengers weren't the almost royalty I expected. All very normal people - who obviously have a good deal more money than me to spend on flights.

Totally ruined for flying economy from now on though.........
Old Apr 9th 2010, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Glad you enjoyed Safin. Who did you fly with?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Thai.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 5:53 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly reluctant to reopen this can of worms....but, the offer is on again!

https://www.usairways.com/en-US/divi...s/default.html

Get a 100% bonus on your miles! From June 1, 2010 to July 31, 2010 automatically earn double miles when you buy or gift miles.

Of course the costs will have risen due to AUDs recent slide...but maybe something worth keeping an eye on.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Their partners must be just loving it!!!!!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hooray, can book that flight now then. Hoped it would be re offered later in the year. Sister expecting to have new addition in the family in July so hopefully it won't be late and will be able to still get a deal.

Jane
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Just a quick question can you find out availability prior to buying your points
And where can i find this???

J
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:29 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer

J
Joining ANA's frequent flyer program online gives you instant access to the star alliance partner search engage which will show available awards on carriers you want. However, you should note that award availability can change pretty quickly.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:57 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

J
You can, by doing what Centurion said...however I warn you the website is not that friendly. I can't remember where you wanted to fly from and to...it doesn't cope well with intra-Europe connections on top of long haul flights.

As long as your reservation doesn't involve Singapore Airlines, and depending on the helpfulness / skills of the person you speak to (varies considerably!!) you should be able to put flights on hold for around 3 days with zero miles in your account...then go buy miles.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi There

Thanks for that guys, did look at ANA but looked a bit confusing and doesn't take much to confuse me i can tell ya. Looking at going Brisbane to either Birmingham, Manchester or Heathrow. First would be preferable as only 45 mins to Mum's then. Will call them on Monday to see what availability there is then, not fussed when i fly as long as i'm in UK around they 3rd Sept to surprise my best mate for her 40th and the number 1 reason to see my new neice or nephew.

Jane
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Hi There

Thanks for that guys, did look at ANA but looked a bit confusing and doesn't take much to confuse me i can tell ya. Looking at going Brisbane to either Birmingham, Manchester or Heathrow. First would be preferable as only 45 mins to Mum's then. Will call them on Monday to see what availability there is then, not fussed when i fly as long as i'm in UK around they 3rd Sept to surprise my best mate for her 40th and the number 1 reason to see my new neice or nephew.

Jane
You definitly won't get a long haul flight into Birmingham or Manchester...you'd have to connect somewhere in Europe first...London, Frankfurt, Zurich etc
Old Jun 7th 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Have I got this right? I join, buy 50k miles (and thus get 100k). Hubby joins, buys 50k and gives them to me - I now have 200k.

I need 240k or 300k for two flights (me and hubby). Can my dad join and buy 20k or 50k and give them to me so that I now have 240k or 300k?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:23 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by louie
Have I got this right? I join, buy 50k miles (and thus get 100k). Hubby joins, buys 50k and gives them to me - I now have 200k.

I need 240k or 300k for two flights (me and hubby). Can my dad join and buy 20k or 50k and give them to me so that I now have 240k or 300k?
Nearly.

You can buy yourself 50k and get the bonus ONCE...and be gifted 50k and get the bonus that way ONCE. When I say ONCE I really mean a total of 50k for each type of bonus...buy & gift. So once you have your cheap 200k...you need to pay full price for any further miles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.