Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jan 27th 2015, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

If any of you guys have Avios, there's loads of availability between SYD and LHR opened up in the last couple of hours. It has to be a mistake, so unlikely to last, so get in quick
Old Jan 28th 2015, 12:04 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
If any of you guys have Avios, there's loads of availability between SYD and LHR opened up in the last couple of hours. It has to be a mistake, so unlikely to last, so get in quick
Is it available to partners too?

I'm guessing so because there are screenshots here from AA.com

British Airways Business Class Awards Available Over Summer - One Mile at a Time

That means it should also be bookable with USDM...if you're happy to pay the fuel surcharges ($$$!).
Old Jan 28th 2015, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
That means it should also be bookable with USDM...if you're happy to pay the fuel surcharges ($$$!).
Doh! Forgot that US is now OneWorld in my excitement. Just booked LHR - SYD for 2 of us in Club for 100K Avios (with a 2-4-1 voucher) and lots of (mumble mumble) pounds at the beginning of January, so busy season. There was absolutely nothing around that time until a couple of hours ago. Chuffed!
Old Jan 28th 2015, 12:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Doh! Forgot that US is now OneWorld in my excitement. Just booked LHR - SYD for 2 of us in Club for 100K Avios (with a 2-4-1 voucher) and lots of (mumble mumble) pounds at the beginning of January, so busy season. There was absolutely nothing around that time until a couple of hours ago. Chuffed!
AMEX 2-4-1s...those were the days!
Old Jan 28th 2015, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

AMEX 2-4-1s...those were the days!
I'm really not sure that they are worth the effort given the additional scamcharges - and you have to fly BA . Big devaluation to the BA programme today - 50% increase in Avios required to Sydney in Club for example (25% off peak).
Old Jan 28th 2015, 8:39 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

PER-KUL-DOH-ATH seems to be regularly available with reasonable transit times.
Cheers BC, I'll keep trying.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 1:30 am
Just Joined

gowlett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks - have read many pages and clear on the process (I think!) but for SYD - GLA - LHR - SYD am I best to still go via US Dividend scheme?

Sorry for sounding like a total noob - but I am!
Old Mar 15th 2015, 10:01 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by gowlett
Hi folks - have read many pages and clear on the process (I think!) but for SYD - GLA - LHR - SYD am I best to still go via US Dividend scheme?
Probably not. The USDM game is almost up. Next month any US miles people have will become AA miles and the rules will change. Your itinerary will still be possible but the routing rules will be more restrictive.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Safin
If I knew I'd fly again within 12 months there'd be no way I wouldn't buy more.

BTW the us airways phone number is a free one so if you're using skype of something similar it doesn't even cost you to call - just as well as i did it over and over til I got flights i was happy with. As bcworld said some agents are great but many thought BNE was in Iran!!
Nothing to do with flying, but remember you from way back. Are you glad you returned? Hope you are settled.
My son (student visa traumas) now resident, and have been joined by our daughter as well, so we are very happy here.
All the best.

Sorry if I am going squiffy, but I can't now find Safin's post so hope I didn't click onto an old page.

Last edited by tomar; Mar 16th 2015 at 2:42 am.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey BC,

Where do you recommend looking to enter the next set of games?

Keef
Old Apr 1st 2015, 9:56 pm
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Had to get back to London in a hurry,booked Business lifemiles within 50 hours Perth Singapore Bangkok using Singapore Airways then Eva Air to Heathrow.SA were their normal great service but Eva Air were FANTASTIC.

80,000 odd points purchased @ AUD 1.00 to USD 1.05 a couple of years ago

Many thanks BC World
Old Apr 11th 2015, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I have had the dreaded call back so need to get to the UK ASAP.
There are return business award seats at the beginning of may but nothing outward.

Can some one please help me out with a search for award seats.
Also, does any one know of any good deals for business seats UK return available?

Thanks for your help.

Keef

Last edited by keefymonster; Apr 11th 2015 at 11:38 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keefymonster
Hi all,

I have had the dreaded call back so need to get to the UK ASAP.
There are return business award seats at the beginning of may but nothing outward.

Can some one please help me out with a search for award seats.
Also, does any one know of any good deals for business seats UK return available?

Thanks for your help.

Keef
Hope you get something quick.If you have space on your credit card just book the first decent flight you find.You don't want to be wasting time and have regrets.Good luck.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

I would love some suggestions please ….

We have 340k Dividend Miles (now AAadvantage) sat in a cyber pot gathering cyber dust…and they have been there for years – and they are praying on my mind lol

I bought them for an Oz-UK trip years ago for me and hubby which we then decided to cancel

Anyway fast forward 3 or 4 years and we are now living permanently back in Northumberland, UK with a baby and toddler….and a stash of miles

Anyway…im trying to think what a family of 4 can do with them….and I just don’t know…

If anyone has any suggestions of flights routes that have good availability I would love love love to hear them…

Our local airport is Newcastle Upon Tyne…and ideally no longer than 8 hours flight time… business seats would be a treat but im guessing 3 x reward seats would be difficult to get??

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks, Koolcat
Old May 1st 2015, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Have a look at AA's route map - they fly from Edinburgh to New York and Manchester to quite a few places. Or you could use them on BA, though they charge ridiculous surcharges.

First thing to do though is make sure you do still have your miles - they expire after 18 months with no activity in the account.

Also, check very carefully about what you would be charged for the baby before you commit to anything. From what I've read, quite often you have to pay a fortune for baby, though I don't know if this applies to AA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.