Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Just wanted to thank bcworld and everyone else who has helped. Just booked a flight for my son to come home for 2 weeks. Went absolutely as smoothly as could be. Spoke with Michelle, gave her my flights - Syd - Bkk - Zrh - Lhr and the same on his return. Was on the phone for about 25 minutes, some of which was me having reversed 2 numbers in my Air Miles account. Haven't seen him for nearly a year, can't wait. So thank you once again and hope it goes as smoothly when I book my own flights soon. Only blip is I booked his ticket including his middle name but he tells me that he didn't include this when he renewed his passport. Do you think this will make a difference or should I change it. Cheers.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

louiseos is on a distinguished road

I just got an email ... It's happening again!!! Woo hoo!!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:42 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nic75
. Do you think this will make a difference or should I change it. Cheers.
It should be OK, but definitely worth asking - to be honest I'd be more inclined to call up the operating airline rather than ask US.

Name change isn't as simple as it sounds btw, if that's the advice you get US will likely have to re-issue the ticket and it will cost you a change fee.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking I will do this again but need 1ad and 3 ch. I assume that it's just 4 tickets regardless but at 1800 ish each that still cheaper than child fare on many airlines much of the year. I know I may need to be pretty flexible on routes/days to get all 4 on same flight.

What I am not sure about is getting enough miles into my account. Are you aware of any restrictions of how many people can gift you or how many lots of 50k you can purchase?

Is it going to be easier to have all the miles in one account or should each person have their own (that is if kids can have their own and book a ticket on their own - even though they would be travelling with me it might look like they are unaccompanied minors.)
Old Aug 12th 2011, 12:27 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Safin
What I am not sure about is getting enough miles into my account. Are you aware of any restrictions of how many people can gift you or how many lots of 50k you can purchase?
You can buy as many miles as you like, but you will only be eligible for one 50k bonus per promotion.

T&Cs have varied over time but this time around I don't think it's possible to buy your own 50+50 and be gifted 50+50 (or even be gifted 10+10).

Not sure about $1800 safin, I'd guess it's more like best case $2100-$2200 per seat.

For 4 pax it's sometimes recommended to go for 2 in F and 2 in business (there is no F ex BNE now, only SYD), but obviously that pushes up the cost and not sure how old your kids are to be left alone in the cabin.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately they'll be 7,10,11 so bit too young to leave alone. Can't see how I can get the miles if I can both buy and be gifted. OH has his account but still only gets us enough for 2 of us. Even if i sign up rellies to make it up to 4 accounts I am not sure about being able to book kids independent of adults. Any idea if thats possible?

Oh and the 1800 was cos I forgot the taxes! Still given that I want to travel in june/july next year that'll probably be more like 9000-1000 total with the likes of singapore and qantas economy rather than 8500-9000 business on this offer
Old Aug 12th 2011, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EdnaAverage

They're currently pregnant and so will have an infant with them on the trip. How is this handled? Do they need to book 3 seats or just two and a bassinet as the child will be 6-8mths old? Do baby awards even exist and if not, how much would an infant ticket be?

They've got a dividend miles account each but clearly haven't got one for the baby yet. Presumably they would buy the infant award from one of their accounts, preferably when the next promo is on if they have to pay full price!

Cheers,

Edna
Was wondering if anybody knew how this worked out? We are looking to take advantage of this promo next year - 2 Ad + 1 bub, flying from Mel to Aberdeen (or nearest - possibly Edinburgh) in either June or August (hopefully avoiding the olympics 'traffic'). We can be totally flexible on dates and routes.
Bub will be 16mths then and quiet as a mouse...
Old Aug 12th 2011, 1:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
Was wondering if anybody knew how this worked out? We are looking to take advantage of this promo next year - 2 Ad + 1 bub, flying from Mel to Aberdeen (or nearest - possibly Edinburgh) in either June or August (hopefully avoiding the olympics 'traffic'). We can be totally flexible on dates and routes.
Bub will be 16mths then and quiet as a mouse...
ABZ is actually quite easy now as Lufthansa have started up regular flights between Frankfurt and ABZ...good connections with the flights into FRA as well.

I'm still not sure about the infant thing, I have been following another thread where someone has been quoted $500, then $2000+ for the infant ticket...waiting to see how that pans out...you will be at the mercy of US and their call centre agents though.

The price for the infant will depend on the flights you book of course.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
ABZ is actually quite easy now as Lufthansa have started up regular flights between Frankfurt and ABZ...good connections with the flights into FRA as well.

I'm still not sure about the infant thing, I have been following another thread where someone has been quoted $500, then $2000+ for the infant ticket...waiting to see how that pans out...you will be at the mercy of US and their call centre agents though.

The price for the infant will depend on the flights you book of course.
Thanks BC, any and all info appreciated if you get any update! $2000 does seem a bit steep though
Old Aug 12th 2011, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

rang us airways for my dates - they were really helpful, but there were only two reward seats showing up and I needed three, so looks like I will be going economy this time
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all

Once again need a bit of advice. I had my flights picket out from 19th December LHR via ZRH via NRT via INC to Sydney and return SYD v BKK vZRH v LHR on 18th January. Now all flights are showing as available on ANA but according to US Airways the first two were not available and she could not see any availability for us on any Star Alliance partners. What should my next step be. I have just subscribed for 2 months KVS (not even sure how to use it) but would really appreciate some advice. Thanks
Old Aug 12th 2011, 10:31 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by nic75
Once again need a bit of advice. I had my flights picket out from 19th December LHR via ZRH via NRT via INC to Sydney and return SYD v BKK vZRH v LHR on 18th January. Now all flights are showing as available on ANA but according to US Airways the first two were not available and she could not see any availability for us on any Star Alliance partners. What should my next step be. I have just subscribed for 2 months KVS (not even sure how to use it) but would really appreciate some advice. Thanks
US Airways can have issues seeing Swiss (LX) flights.

The annoying thing is that they are probably available but their computer says no - some agents know how to manually force the sale, others will not - and they have been told by their management not to do it as well
I think.

Can I ask, do you actually want to do that route or was that an availability thing...are you having a stopover? How many seats?
Old Aug 13th 2011, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure that when you call them that you give them the actual flight numbers as that can sometimes help.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Hi bcworld. It was entirely a choice thing but to be honest I did not get beyond the second leg before the agent said that there was nothing available for the whole of December. However, since then, I have changed our route out and changed our date to 16th, called back and the agent could not have been better. We now have flights out lhr v zrh v bkk v syd coming back on the same route 16th January, held for 3 days. I now have to sort out divident miles. I have 60k and my husband has 180k. As I don't have enough for a full flight, do I gift him mines or should he just buy another 60k. Thanks again.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone (bcworld ??!!) know what the current state of play is regarding availability of redemptions on Singapore Airlines in first or business from ADL/MEL/SYD to SIN and SIN to LHR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.