Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by bcworld
Sure...but are you targeted by the latest offer? 100% extra?
No. Every time i try to buy miles I get 25%! I'm going to wait until next week to see if I can get higher.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 10:38 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

is this legit?

http://www.flyl4l.com/

Business Class Air Travel Made Affordable
What we do might seem like magic. After all, we consistently save our customers at least 50% off of first and business class airline tickets for international flights. If this sounds too good to be true, allow us to explain. By working with trusted corporations with excess frequent flyer miles, we help you save huge on airline tickets for any type of trip. If you have given up on your list of dream vacations, it might be a good time to write a new one. Luxury 4 Less is here to ensure that you enjoy luxury travel for much less than luxury prices.

Discount Business Class Trips All Over the World
We offer discount business class tickets to destinations all over the world, with access to the greatest availability across all major airlines. Whether you are leaving from Asia, Australia, the United States, Canada, Europe, or the Middle East, we will get you where you need to go in style. No matter where you are headed, we firmly believe you deserve to get there without breaking the bank. From holiday getaways to family reunions, L4L makes any trip an affordable possibility.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
is this legit?

http://www.flyl4l.com/
I don't know, but hopefully someone else will. I'd be interested to know which major airlines they buy FF points from - not much use to us in Perth if it's only those that fly from the East coast.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:24 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

is it legit to buy and sell miles as a business? if the airline finds out, your flight is cancelled!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:30 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

is it legit to buy and sell miles as a business? if the airline finds out, your flight is cancelled!
According to the web site's blurb, the airlines are aware, and 'hate it', but they insist it's legal. I dunno - even a half price long haul biz ticket is a lot of dosh to lose....
Old Mar 24th 2013, 1:59 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Singapore is in Star Alliance, and most of the regulars here will tell you that getting award flights on Singapore is like panning for gold in the Murray River - the chances of getting one are slim to anorexic.
Not quite, I use SQ all the time - purely redemptions as I've amassed quite a few miles. Booking tix to London or Sydney has never been a problem for me.

In fact the London-Singapore route is one of the better ones to redeem on. Now try and compare that with BA and you'll suddenly see just how cake easy it is to redeem this route on SQ. With BA there is pretty much NO availability.

Of course I'm referring to redemptions in business (or first) class as redeeming in econ is a waste of miles.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 11:24 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Not quite, I use SQ all the time - purely redemptions as I've amassed quite a few miles. Booking tix to London or Sydney has never been a problem for me.

In fact the London-Singapore route is one of the better ones to redeem on. Now try and compare that with BA and you'll suddenly see just how cake easy it is to redeem this route on SQ. With BA there is pretty much NO availability.

Of course I'm referring to redemptions in business (or first) class as redeeming in econ is a waste of miles.
If you are redeeming KrisFlyer miles then availability is very different compared to redeeming miles from a Star Alliance partner airline.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:48 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
If you are redeeming KrisFlyer miles then availability is very different compared to redeeming miles from a Star Alliance partner airline.
Of course, and rightly so. Every carrier needs to think about its own loyal members first and foremost, so the award inventory will never be the same as for all other global partners.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:59 pm
Concierge

In case this is of use to someone, I received an email today re Air France, KLM etc offering up to 50% extra points on purchased FF points.

http://www.flyingblue.com/earn-miles...choices_250313
Old Mar 30th 2013, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

bluehotel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Use +1 480 693 6701 which is the direct line to reservations and gets you past all those annoying voice recognition computers on the 1 800 number.
Great. Thanks for this. It took them 25 days but they finally credited my bonus miles.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 11:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluehotel
Great. Thanks for this. It took them 25 days but they finally credited my bonus miles.
I phoned yesterday to make sure my dates were available before I bought my miles. The woman on the phone said yes the dates were available, but it would cost my "friend" $10 per 1000 miles to gift them to me plus a $30 fee. It's still a lot less expensive at $3870 than paying for business, but still not cheap.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Hey all - we're hoping to fly Brisbane to Newcastle Upon Tyne with points in September (not booked yet) but just wanted to ask a question. We would like to stop over in Copengagan for 3 nights enroute to attend a wedding - will we be allowed to do this as part of the schedule? If no, would we be allowed to do Brisbane to Copenhagan there but Newcastle to Brisbane back??
Thanks loads
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:42 am
Daffyd Duck

i think open jaw itineraries are allowed and one stopover as well. just try searching for your desired itnerary then talk to the freq flyer agent
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Stopovers are supposed to be at a hub. Copenhagen is a SAS hub. It's unclear whether that means you have to arrive into CPH on SAS, but in any case, this is one of those US rules which is often overlooked. So you should be OK, as long as this is your only stopover, though you might have to try ringing back until you find an agent that will accept the route. I think it would have to be BNE - BKK - CPH - DUS - NCL as there's a maximum of 4 segments each way, although again that's a rule that's quite often ignored!

If that doesn't work out, an open jaw into CPH and out of NCL should also be fine.

Good luck with finding availability!
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

i think open jaw itineraries are allowed and one stopover as well.
Just to clarify, you can have either a stopover OR an open jaw, but not both (which may have been what you meant).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.