Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane or Adelaide ??

Wikiposts

Brisbane or Adelaide ??

Old May 17th 2004, 1:05 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hevs
Think he thought you were dissin' hairdressers. Right you, outside
The truth,"you cant handle the truth", cant wait for this one to come up in IRAQ.........good bye george............. MM
Old May 17th 2004, 2:10 am
I'm an individual!

Centurix is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mr mover
Come on in 5 yrs ,thats all you saw, either you are religious ,zealot or your tugging my tockly........ mm

Certainly none of them. Sure I saw a lot more. I've travelled all over SA. During the 14 years living in Oz, and constantly visiting family there every year, I do get to see a lot of the place. If you dig deep it's quite a seedy town, plenty of social cliques, especially in town. I was living there during the last years of the grand prix, which was good fun. Should've kept that, Melbourne managed to sanitise the hell out of it. But even then, when Adelaide had the GP, everyone complained about it causing chaos in town and the surrounding suburbs. But that's just the point, the place progresses slowly. Heck, they've only just got sunday trading in SA, and even then they still complain about it. City of churches upholding the day of rest.

And yes, Coopers is lovely beer.
Old May 17th 2004, 7:32 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

[none of them. Sure I saw a lot more. I've travelled all over SA. During the 14 years living in Oz, and constantly visiting family there every year, I do get to see a lot of the place. If you dig deep it's quite a seedy town, plenty of social cliques, espeQUOTE]Originally posted by Centurix
Certainly cially in town. I was living there during the last years of the grand prix, which was good fun. Should've kept that, Melbourne managed to sanitise the hell out of it. But even then, when Adelaide had the GP, everyone complained about it causing chaos in town and the surrounding suburbs. But that's just the point, the place progresses slowly. Heck, they've only just got sunday trading in SA, and even then they still complain about it. City of churches upholding the day of rest.

And yes, Coopers is lovely beer. [/QUOTE]
geeze ,seedy town ? i must be missing somthing, if you have been here during the v8 race series, you will understand why ,no one misses the grand prix, i think Melbourne has seen the last of the grand prix,Bernie Eccelestone, is getting restless.As for sunday trading, no body seems to worried............ MM
Old May 17th 2004, 10:39 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The biggest threat to Adelaide is the potential closure of the Mitsubishi plant. Not Adelaides fault but due to intense competition from other plants around the world and the subsidies governments are willing to offer car manufacturing. The signs from Mitsubishi are mixed. A closure will impact all of Australia.

Adelaide does seem to attract weirdo murders but the chances of that affecting an immo is minimal.

Brisbane on the other had is booming although will need major infrastructure improvements to cope with the populations influx.

Adelaide is cheaper than Brisbane but that is due to the economy.
Old May 17th 2004, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by wombat42
Perhaps Adelaide could use its weirdo serial killers to boost the economy through tourism. They could let them out on day release
and give guided bus tours to of the areas where they killed their victims, such as the bank vault at Snowtown, American
tourists seem to like that sort of thing. However they would need
to be watched by an army of security guards to stop them
chopping up and eating the tourists.

You should be a mediator between Iraq and the US you would solve all the problems straight away