Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane or Adelaide ??

Wikiposts

Brisbane or Adelaide ??

Old May 16th 2004, 12:37 pm
wombat42

Originally posted by cadabra
And what are you?..a bloody underaker?...or maybe a spoof writer.
Many people give their reasons for immigrating to Australia,
as being that there is little or no crime here, l am just pointing out that Australia has some of the worst crime and murders in the world.

Old May 16th 2004, 1:09 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wombat42
as being that there is little or no crime here, l am just pointing out that Australia has some of the worst crime and murders in the world.
I have lived in Adelaide for 41 years and in that time have never once felt, threatend or Afraid,as for the Barrel murders, we live only 5km, from were these occured, did,nt know a thing about it, but the police had been watching them for some time after a tip off from centre link, the body in the torrens, was proably a suicide happens all around the world. As for lack of oppertunity, you obviously,dont work in any of the defence areas, at DSTO salisbury or at MAWSON lakes, were most of the contractors are situated, or at the school of Catering &Hotel managment,at REGENCY PARK , or at the flight training school , at PARAFIELD. or at HOLDENS, or MITSUBISIH or at any of their 150 supply contractors in this state, or the school of VITICULTURE at CSIRO ,WAITE INSTITUTE. and on and on,let me guess,? your a hair dresser.................. MM
Old May 16th 2004, 1:21 pm
wombat42

Originally posted by mr mover
I have lived in Adelaide for 41 years and in that time have never once felt, threatend or Afraid,as for the Barrel murders, we live only 5km, from were these occured, did,nt know a thing about it, but the police had been watching them for some time after a tip off from centre link, the body in the torrens, was proably a suicide happens all around the world. As for lack of oppertunity, you obviously,dont work in any of the defence areas, at DSTO salisbury or at MAWSON lakes, were most of the contractors are situated, or at the school of Catering &Hotel managment,at REGENCY PARK , or at the flight training school , at PARAFIELD. or at HOLDENS, or MITSUBISIH or at any of their 150 supply contractors in this state, or the school of VITICULTURE at CSIRO ,WAITE INSTITUTE. and on and on,let me guess,? your a hair dresser.................. MM
l saw on the news last night that MITSUBISIH are about to close down their Adelaide plant with the loss of 3,500 jobs, which will
make Adelaide even more of an economic basketcase. The politicans and bussiness people who run SA are incompetent, inbreed morons who lead the state from one economic disaster to another such as the Sate Bank disaster and The Multi-Function
Polis disaster, by the way what ever happened to the Multi-Function Polis, what happened the the hundreds of million of dollars spent on it.

Old May 16th 2004, 1:36 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

and on and on,let me guess,? your a hair dresser.................. MM
And that would be a less valid career choice because...........?
Old May 16th 2004, 1:43 pm
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by wombat42

I am pretty sure that most people have enough intelligence to work out that crimes happen here as much as anywhere else. I really wont bore everyone with pages and pages of historical crimes form around hte world, but when you mentioned the body in the river, it reminded of of a sickening murder in London just before i left. A small childs torso floating in the Thames? Yes, it happens everywhere.

Only this morning on the news, two more gangland associates shot in the head in Melbourne.

The Falconio murder trial is about to start in Darwin too.

As for Mitsubishi. That has nothing to do with Adelaide or anywhere else not being good enough. Its an overseas issue that created it and its only one of the two plants operating here.

It is not just Adleaide that has its fair share of imcompetant beaurocrats. I am sure if i could be bothered (which i am not) i could find plenty of examples from every other Australian city and most international ones too.

I really dont know where you live in Adelaide, but it sure isn't the same place many of us live.

South Australis has some of the nicest beaches in Australia. Noarlunga springs to mind immediately. There are great days out to be had up in the hills with plenty of greenery, bush and gum trees. The Barrosssa wine region is excellent.
Some people must get a really warped picture of SA from some of these posts. Yes there is plenty of desert, but theres plenty of other terrain and beauty here, just as there is in many other parts of Aus.
I don't really mind the comments too much though. Makes sure that us in the know can keep it to ourselves
Old May 16th 2004, 2:14 pm
Me, 2 kids and the wife

clevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane or Adelaide ??

Originally posted by silvervfr
Can you guys help me out here please.

We have received our visas recently and up untill the last couple of weeks have been planning on heading to Adelaide as we have some family down there and liked the place on our visit a couple of yearss ago. I have also recently spent two weeks in Adelaide looking at work, housing and schools and all looks good enough.

But when I do an internet search into Chefs jobs, Brisbane always comes up with four or five times as many jobs then Adelaide! Plus everyone I know that has been to Brisbane loves the place.

It seems to have everything us poms are hoping for from our move. It is near the beaches. The Sunshine coast and Gold coast are only about an hour away but the problem for me and my family is that we have never visited the area!

What do you guys think?

We have some friends who live in Jindalee, what is this area like?

What areas are most popular for work and lifestyle?

Any view points appreciated

Nick
Nick Hi

We are in Adelaide and love it. The only thing I though that I didn't like in Brisbane was the tourisim, very heavy. Whay don't you do a reckie when you get here and spend a few weeks in Bris.

Hope this helps.

Clevs
Old May 16th 2004, 2:35 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
And that would be a less valid career choice because...........?
You a hair dresser Hup?. do you drive a honda crx, or a Rav 4................. MM
Old May 16th 2004, 2:53 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

You a hair dresser Hup?. do you drive a honda crx, or a Rav 4................. MM
No I'm not but its one of Hevs many talents. So back to the original question
Old May 16th 2004, 4:47 pm
I'm an individual!

Centurix is an unknown quantity at this point

Lived in Sydney/Wollongong for 5 years, Adelaide for 5 years, then moved to Melbourne for 4, and only just moved up to Brisbane and absolutely loving it.

I'm a big fan of the humidity as I spent some time in Hong Kong and loved it. The weather in Adelaide is very dry in the summer, and you can get long stints of 35+ degrees which can be quite oppressive. You need a car in Adelaide as it's quite a spread out city. It's like a giant retirement village, with a lot of ultra-conservative oldies wandering around. You get a lot of non-south australians who dislike Adelaide for one reason or another. Can't say anything about the place without mentioning Snowtown being a barrel-of-fun.

We've been visiting Brisbane with the intention of living here for quite some time and decided to make the move last year. We managed to find a great place in a suburb called Murrumba Downs, just of the Gympie highway. I'm loving it so far, and everything has worked out well.

In my opinion:

Brisbane > Sydney > Melbourne > Adelaide

Old May 16th 2004, 7:42 pm
Banned

Originally posted by HUP
No I'm not but its one of Hevs many talents. So back to the original question
Sorry but how did you , perceive the original question, ,,,,these,s forums "don,t cha know"................. MM
Old May 16th 2004, 7:48 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Centurix
Lived in Sydney/Wollongong for 5 years, Adelaide for 5 years, then moved to Melbourne for 4, and only just moved up to Brisbane and absolutely loving it.

I'm a big fan of the humidity as I spent some time in Hong Kong and loved it. The weather in Adelaide is very dry in the summer, and you can get long stints of 35+ degrees which can be quite oppressive. You need a car in Adelaide as it's quite a spread out city. It's like a giant retirement village, with a lot of ultra-conservative oldies wandering around. You get a lot of non-south australians who dislike Adelaide for one reason or another. Can't say anything about the place without mentioning Snowtown being a barrel-of-fun.

We've been visiting Brisbane with the intention of living here for quite some time and decided to make the move last year. We managed to find a great place in a suburb called Murrumba Downs, just of the Gympie highway. I'm loving it so far, and everything has worked out well.

In my opinion:

Brisbane > Sydney > Melbourne > Adelaide

So after 5 years in ,Adelaide, thats the best you can come up with, looking at your previous adresses , you must have been working for BHP-BILITON , or {bullshit on as they are known locally] no wonder they ar,nt performing................ MM
Old May 16th 2004, 11:05 pm

silvervfr is an unknown quantity at this point

Time out guys !!

Lets get back to some constructive viewpoints on either city please

Nick
Old May 17th 2004, 12:33 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but how did you , perceive the original question, ,,,,these,s forums "don,t cha know"................. MM
Think he thought you were dissin' hairdressers. Right you, outside
Old May 17th 2004, 12:47 am
I'm an individual!

Centurix is an unknown quantity at this point

So after 5 years in ,Adelaide, thats the best you can come up with, looking at your previous adresses , you must have been working for BHP-BILITON , or {bullshit on as they are known locally] no wonder they ar,nt performing................ MM

Well, you got the Barossa, Coonawarra and Maclarenvale, good for a weekend of driving around in a bus. That's always good fun.

Then of course you have the wholesome family entertainment that I call Hindley street...
Old May 17th 2004, 12:54 am
Banned

Originally posted by Centurix
Well, you got the Barossa, Coonawarra and Maclarenvale, good for a weekend of driving around in a bus. That's always good fun.

Then of course you have the wholesome family entertainment that I call Hindley street...
Come on in 5 yrs ,thats all you saw, either you are religious ,zealot or your tugging my tockly........ mm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.