Reload this Page >

Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton & Hove Albion

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Brightonian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brighton & Hove Albion

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I lived at Fiveways, so close-ish, and worked at Hollingbury Ind Estate! Worked with a fanatical Seagulls supporter, I swear he's got "B&H A" engraved on his heart, kind of like Queen Mary with Calais
Who did you work for at Hollingbury ?
If your the Mysterious Welsh Witch does that mean your Julia Gillard
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 7:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brightonian
Who did you work for at Hollingbury ?
If your the Mysterious Welsh Witch does that mean your Julia Gillard
Sussex Police - I was a Fingerprint Technician

I shall treat the Julia Gillard comment with the contempt it deserves

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 23rd 2010 at 1:04 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Sussex Police - I was a Fingerprint Technician

I shall teart the Julia Gillard comment with the contempt it deserves
I used to work just up the road from you in the Lloyds Bank building.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up in West Hove ( actually ) and was also at that game.
Think Spurs were lucky to win as I seem to remember. We had plenty of the game and some good chances to win it.
Oh, cool!

Yeah you're right about us being lucky that day...

Zamora was in hot form and made us cringe everytime he attacked our back four...

Was a good laugh though...Went back home on the same train as the Albion fans, and everyone was having good old banter!
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

I lived at Fiveways, so close-ish, and worked at Hollingbury Ind Estate! Worked with a fanatical Seagulls supporter, I swear he's got "B&H A" engraved on his heart, kind of like Queen Mary with Calais

Can't believe that I may have been close to Polly's!
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 1:08 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoveactually
I used to work just up the road from you in the Lloyds Bank building.
God, small world isn't it!! I worked there from about 1998 (or whenever the Police took it over) till October 2003. Horrible building to work in, we were moved there from HQ in Lewes which was far more civilised

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 23rd 2010 at 2:48 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

God, small world isn't it!! I worked there from about 1998 (or whenever the Polcie took it over) till October 2003. Horrible building to work in, we were moved there from HQ in Lewes which was far more civilised
Indeed it is! I worked in Hollingbury for a number of years until my office was closed in 1999. My OH used to work as a steward at the Goldstone ground.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

I lived on Carden Avenue for a few years, before heading into town to The Dials...
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pommy Dan
I lived on Carden Avenue for a few years, before heading into town to The Dials...

funny that!

I lived by the Dials (Prestonville road) for couple of years before moving towards Hangleton...

Err, it seems everyone on BE have at some stage lived in B&H!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 5:58 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Syedney
funny that!

I lived by the Dials (Prestonville road) for couple of years before moving towards Hangleton...

Err, it seems everyone on BE have at some stage lived in B&H!!!
There's always been a few around - I remember talking to several over the years about old haunts in B&H.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Shall we have a ex-Brighton party sometime?

I read a book a little while ago called Cool for Cats by Jessica Adams and it was set in Brighton and made me feel quite homesick!
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by koalakim
Shall we have a ex-Brighton party sometime?

I read a book a little while ago called Cool for Cats by Jessica Adams and it was set in Brighton and made me feel quite homesick!

Wow, don't want to freak anyone here but I believe my OH got the book for my daughter and did read to her at bedtime

I am all for an ex-Brightonian/Hove party!! (Any excuse for bit of grog really!)
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:23 am
Just Joined

It sure is a small world. I fitted the automatic door openers at the Hollingbury police station when Amex had it and also did a lot of work at police HQ in Lewes as well as the Lloyds bank building. I also lived near the Dials before moving to Patcham.
I have started a Facebook page for Albion fans living in Australia so if your on Facebook and an Albion fan let me know via the private messages and I will give you the details. I started it this week and already have fans from around the country.

Old Jul 23rd 2010, 10:04 am
Home and Happy

It sure is a small world. I fitted the automatic door openers at the Hollingbury police station when Amex had it and also did a lot of work at police HQ in Lewes as well as the Lloyds bank building. I also lived near the Dials before moving to Patcham.
I have started a Facebook page for Albion fans living in Australia so if your on Facebook and an Albion fan let me know via the private messages and I will give you the details. I started it this week and already have fans from around the country.
That's just too weird.I worked at HQ in Lewes from 1989 till moving down to Brighton. I'm actually a Forest fan, but I'll always have a soft spot for the Seagulls.
There's a few other ex-Brightonians on here, people who were at college down there. I know of at least one more who's not posted on here, and someone was posting yesterday about being ex-Sussex Uni.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 10:42 am
Just Joined

That's just too weird.I worked at HQ in Lewes from 1989 till moving down to Brighton. I'm actually a Forest fan, but I'll always have a soft spot for the Seagulls.
There's a few other ex-Brightonians on here, people who were at college down there. I know of at least one more who's not posted on here, and someone was posting yesterday about being ex-Sussex Uni.
This is getting really weird now because I followed Forest as my 2nd team from the time Brian Clough went there and they were near the bottom of the old 2nd division around about 1976 I think.
I got stick for ages from kids at school that I also liked Forest, that was until thet won the old 1st division and then the European Cup.
Always supported the Albion when they played each other though.
Sort of lost interest in them when Frank Clark left but as you say still have a soft spot for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.