Reload this Page >

Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton & Hove Albion

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:18 am
Just Joined

Brightonian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brighton & Hove Albion

Hi Everyone.

This is my 1st post on here even though I have been reading the site for the 3 years I've been in Sydney.
I was wondering how many Brighton & Hove Albions fans are out there.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:21 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brighton & Hove Albion

Originally Posted by Brightonian
Hi Everyone.

This is my 1st post on here even though I have been reading the site for the 3 years I've been in Sydney.
Didnt they get relegated again?

I think its very brave of you in your first post to actually admit your a Brighton supporter...kudos to you...

Just kidding...hello and welcome...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Brightonian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SDDep
Didnt they get relegated again?

I think its very brave of you in your first post to actually admit your a Brighton supporter...kudos to you...

Just kidding...hello and welcome...
It's been a few years since we got relegated. Things are on the up at the moment with the building of a brand new stadium and lots of new signings this summer.We should do well this year, but with the Albion you never know.
This is what the stadium will look like when finished in time for the 2011/2012 season.

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:39 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Hey it worked for both my local teams..Wigan Athletic and Bolton Wanderers..

Of course, as long as the stadium becomes a real stadium and doesnt remain an artists rendering...

When i played for Wiagn Juniors, it was still the old one..we all loved it...
Attached Thumbnails Brighton & Hove Albion-sp.jpg  
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:52 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone.

Mate I spent many a time at the Goldstone.... including a trial as mere 13 year old !!

Where abouts is your hometown...

Im from further West along the coast past Worthing !! lol

Welcome to the BE.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone.

Hi Brightonian,welcome to BE.

Not a Brighton fan but have always had a soft spot for them as I lived in Littlehampton for a few years.It took some years for the stadium to be approved,I think it is great for the Brighton fans after putting up with so much from the council.

I remember years ago going to watch Brighton v Arsenal in a pre season match and got told by a Brighton fan after the fourth goal went in to go and sit with the other Arsenal fans(we borrowed a friends season ticket).It was not you was it?Sue.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue

Not a Brighton fan but have always had a soft spot for them as I lived in Littlehampton for a few years.It took some years for the stadium to be approved,I think it is great for the Brighton fans after putting up with so much from the council.

I remember years ago going to watch Brighton v Arsenal in a pre season match and got told by a Brighton fan after the fourth goal went in to go and sit with the other Arsenal fans(we borrowed a friends season ticket).It was not you was it?Sue.
Similarly, not a Seagulls fan but lived in Brighton for 20 years so have a bit of a fondness for them.
I also have to say I'm not a fan of the new stadium at all - mainly cos I was at college at Falmer and I hate what its done to the countryside there. Can't imagine what that quiet little haven will be like once thousands of fans start pouring out of Falmer Station. I know they had to build it somewhere but........
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

I support QPR but went to Sussex Uni so have a soft spot for BHA.

Funny to imagine that stadium is going to be in Falmer...

I went to watch games at the Withdean a couple of times. What a shithole that was!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80

I went to watch games at the Withdean a couple of times. What a shithole that was!
OK as a temporary ground after they had to leave the Goldstone, but not a longterm option. You wouldn't recognise Falmer these days
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:55 am
Just Joined

andyjfletch is an unknown quantity at this point

yup i'm an albion fan, not a very loyal one though as I've never been to the Withdean!
I'm from Burgess Hill
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Similarly, not a Seagulls fan but lived in Brighton for 20 years so have a bit of a fondness for them.
I also have to say I'm not a fan of the new stadium at all - mainly cos I was at college at Falmer and I hate what its done to the countryside there. Can't imagine what that quiet little haven will be like once thousands of fans start pouring out of Falmer Station. I know they had to build it somewhere but........
I know what you mean but do you think they would have left the land alone if they had not built the new stadium on it?I have a feeling they maybe would have built houses and then there would have been a lot more traffic around rather than once a fortnight?

My Mum lives in the countryside and has farms behind her but now they are building houses and right behind her are going to be town houses so she is going to be very overlooked.The traffic at the moment in the village is bad enough and all the schools are full.Sue.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

I'm a Charlton fan.

We were only 3 points away from promotion last year, so you could say our home defeat to Brighton cost us promotion!

I won't hold it against you though.

Good to see that Brighton have a new sugar daddy to put some money in. I rate Poyet and with the additional funds I see Brighton as dark horses for promotion this year.

You've just signed Radostin Kishishev, who is getting on a bit now, but was excellent at Charlton a few years ago as a defensive midfielder/right back.

I've been to some great Charlton-Brighton games over the years, a 4-3 home win in the 70's would be the highlight.

Good luck for the new season. The odd Div 1 game gets shown on Foxtel, so check it out if Brighton are on Sky in the UK; occassionally they get shown over here too.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really into football but just wanted to say Hi as I lived in Brighton for 4 years before moving here. My Mum and Dad followed us down and are still there so it's our base when we go back.

We loved living there after sleepy Horley and wondered why we didn't do it years before and nearly didn't come to Oz but it was one of those "what if" decisions!

The new stadium is coming on, it looks huge from the A27! Problem is if people want to get back in to Brighton via Woodingdean it's going to be even more of a nightmare than it already is, they will have to do something about the set of lights in the village.

Hope you are enjoying living in Sydney!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:59 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue

Littlehampton
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80

Spot on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.