Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton & Hove Albion

Old Apr 16th 2011, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brighton & Hove Albion

Having beaten Walsall, the mighty Brighton & Hove Albion have been crowned CHAMPIONS!

Am currently in Good Old Sussex By The Sea, and managed to secure a ticket to the home game v Southampton for my last ever visit to Withdean.

Drove by Falmer earlier today and it gave me goosebumps just looking at it - an amazing piece of architecture...

And we're going up, to win the cup for Sussex by the sea.....
Old Apr 24th 2011, 9:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommy Dan
Having beaten Walsall, the mighty Brighton & Hove Albion have been crowned CHAMPIONS!

Am currently in Good Old Sussex By The Sea, and managed to secure a ticket to the home game v Southampton for my last ever visit to Withdean.

Drove by Falmer earlier today and it gave me goosebumps just looking at it - an amazing piece of architecture...

And we're going up, to win the cup for Sussex by the sea.....
An ardent fan of Brighton and Hove Albion travelled more than 10,000 miles to watch his beloved team.

Daniel Rawlings moved to Melbourne, Australia ten years ago but has continued to follow the Seagulls.

Yesterday, the 36-year-old and his brother Ben watched their side take on Southampton at Withdean Stadium.

Despite losing 2-1, Mr Rawlings still thought the game was the highlight of his trip.

The IT operations manager said: “I came over just for this. It coincided with a visit to see my family.

================================

Just got it on a news update from the Evening Argus! Anyone we know.....?!!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 24th 2011 at 9:41 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

luker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brightonian
Hi Everyone.

This is my 1st post on here even though I have been reading the site for the 3 years I've been in Sydney.
I was wondering how many Brighton & Hove Albions fans are out there.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
brighton and hove albion! lol, I struggle to find footy fans!
Old Apr 24th 2011, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luker
brighton and hove albion! lol, I struggle to find footy fans!
That calls for an answer.... can't believe I'm helping Brighton fans. (Anything is better than Plastics though... even Brighton Cough)

You'll find plenty in Aus by joining this this board....

http://www.northstandchat.com/forum.php

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Apr 24th 2011 at 11:35 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brightonian
Hi Everyone.

This is my 1st post on here even though I have been reading the site for the 3 years I've been in Sydney.
I was wondering how many Brighton & Hove Albions fans are out there.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Just wanted to add:
We have decided to go back to Brighton!
We still have fond memories of Sussex, from its greeny quaint villages to the pebbled beaches of Brighton and Hove. My daughter misses her life there so we have decided that we have enjoyed throughly what little we have experienced here in Sydney and Australia in general, and that we now would like to soak up the life in the lanes, the snow in winter, and the crispy evenings of summer in Hove.
In my first game watching the Seagulls, I am thinking of taking a banner that thanks BE as a thank you for all the help/laughter/sadness we have experienced here!
Go the Seagulls!
Old Apr 25th 2011, 8:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Syedney
Just wanted to add:
We have decided to go back to Brighton!
We still have fond memories of Sussex, from its greeny quaint villages to the pebbled beaches of Brighton and Hove. My daughter misses her life there so we have decided that we have enjoyed throughly what little we have experienced here in Sydney and Australia in general, and that we now would like to soak up the life in the lanes, the snow in winter, and the crispy evenings of summer in Hove.
In my first game watching the Seagulls, I am thinking of taking a banner that thanks BE as a thank you for all the help/laughter/sadness we have experienced here!
Go the Seagulls!
Brighton is high on my list for if/when I move back.......I'd love to live there again, nowhere quite like it
Old Apr 25th 2011, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Andy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to all

Good luck to B & HA.

I support Luton.

Please don't kick me while I am down.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Re: Brighton & Hove Albion

Originally Posted by Pollyana;

Just got it on a news update from the Evening Argus! Anyone we know.....?!!!
Maybe! ;-)

Not doing so well live On Telly at the moment, it seems.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to live there again, nowhere quite like it
Quite agree Polly! We're off to a hopefully sunny Brighton in 3 weeks.

I used to love summer Sundays when we'd be sitting on the beach thinking about all the poor sods around us having to sit in the traffic on the way home and we had a five minute walk home

I have to say having been out here 4 years now, most of where we grew up seems quite alien now and I don't think I'd want to live there again but I always love going back to Brighton, it really is quite special, different, quirky, strange but GREAT!
Old Apr 26th 2011, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Brighton is high on my list for if/when I move back.......I'd love to live there again, nowhere quite like it
Yep, i loved wandering round my old haunts in the early summer sunshine. The weather was fabulous whilst i was there - i even got a little bit sunburnt on saturday!

I said to my family and friends that the only place i'd go back to would be Brighton - wouldnt be able to find a decent job there, though!

It really is a great city, the Lanes, North Laine, the pebbles on the beach and such lovely countryside to the north.

Ahhhhhhh....

BUT, full of stag and hen parties and cockneys on day trips getting in the way and throwing up in the side streets and causing trouble on West Street..

Bit like Melbourne, really.....
Old Apr 26th 2011, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by koalakim
Quite agree Polly! We're off to a hopefully sunny Brighton in 3 weeks.

I used to love summer Sundays when we'd be sitting on the beach thinking about all the poor sods around us having to sit in the traffic on the way home and we had a five minute walk home

I have to say having been out here 4 years now, most of where we grew up seems quite alien now and I don't think I'd want to live there again but I always love going back to Brighton, it really is quite special, different, quirky, strange but GREAT!
Saw The Who at the Brighton Centre (hmmm.. going back a bit, when a few more of 'em were alive).
Off to Brighton and Lewes in six weeks and can't wait! Lived in Saltdean, Brighton, Hove, Lewes and Ringmer. And went to school nr Fiveways (Varndean!). Nowhere quite like it (Brighton that is...) So much happening - I'm looking forward to a nice pint in our local beer garden, and I'll be going out for a meal after 9 p.m. Just 'cos I can!!