Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton & Hove Albion

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brighton & Hove Albion

Hello mate, Brighton born and bred.... Was season ticket holder at Gillingham, then Withdean before coming out to Oz in 2001.

There's quite a few of us down here!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brightonian
Hi Everyone.

This is my 1st post on here even though I have been reading the site for the 3 years I've been in Sydney.
I was wondering how many Brighton & Hove Albions fans are out there.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hey mate welcome!!

I used to live in Hove (my daughter is born at the Royal Sussex) and had a soft spot for B&H Albion (Seagulls!)...

My best memory? Went to see Seagulls play Spurs (my team!-- yes roll on jokes !) in FA Cup I think three years ago or so...Took the little one too and she loved it (At WHL)...

I lived in West Hove (actually!)...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:47 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Been a Seagull's fan since my first game in 1965 so I've seen the highs and the lows! Planning a trip back there next year to see the first league game at the new Falmer Stadium (or should I say American Express Community Stadium ).

Listen to every game on the internet and those very rare occasions when we're televised! Sounded good last night in our friendly with Sunderland last night (thank to SAFC.tv for the commentary )
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

HI THERE Enjoy Aus, There are heaps of us here, See you when we swamp Falmer.... if we ever play you again

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Brightonian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nick72
Mate I spent many a time at the Goldstone.... including a trial as mere 13 year old !!

Where abouts is your hometown...

Im from further West along the coast past Worthing !! lol

Welcome to the BE.
From Brighton lived in Patcham for the last 14 years a stones through from Withdean.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

From Brighton lived in Patcham for the last 14 years a stones through from Withdean.

God please say you support Sydney FC as well, that would make this perfect !

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
HI THERE Enjoy Aus, There are heaps of us here, See you when we swamp Falmer.... if we ever play you again

http://www.holmesdale.net/downloads/...per45_1280.jpg
Yes I did wonder if I'd get one of you on here.
Not much chance of us playing you in the 2011/2012 season because you'll be going down as we go up.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sheepdip
Been a Seagull's fan since my first game in 1965 so I've seen the highs and the lows! Planning a trip back there next year to see the first league game at the new Falmer Stadium (or should I say American Express Community Stadium ).

Listen to every game on the internet and those very rare occasions when we're televised! Sounded good last night in our friendly with Sunderland last night (thank to SAFC.tv for the commentary )
We are also planning the trip back for the 1st game if we can get tickets as they will be like gold dust. I have been following them since 1971 so not that far behind you.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

God please say you support Sydney FC as well, that would make this perfect !

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MdbphEC7Rwc
Didn't think it would be long before one of you lot got on here.
I don't follow any Aussie football because to be honest it's crap and it makes Palace look good.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We are also planning the trip back for the 1st game if we can get tickets as they will be like gold dust. I have been following them since 1971 so not that far behind you.
You've been to the same games as me then....Palace since 1968... was at that first game in the 3rd Division when Palace went down in 74/75... bet you remember that one. Because thats the day the rivalry started.

Right I'm orf to work now... will enjoy catching up and reminiscing sometime in the future... nightshift beckons.

Enjoy catching up with your old mates
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

You've been to the same games as me then....Palace since 1968... was at that first game in the 3rd Division when Palace went down in 74/75... bet you remember that one. Because thats the day the rivalry started.

Right I'm orf to work now... will enjoy catching up and reminiscing sometime in the future... nightshift beckons.

Enjoy catching up with your old mates
Think the rivalry really kicked off after Alan Mullery gave your fans grief following the FA Cup 2nd replay at Stamford Bridge in 1976 a game that I was at.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Syedney
Hey mate welcome!!

I used to live in Hove (my daughter is born at the Royal Sussex) and had a soft spot for B&H Albion (Seagulls!)...

My best memory? Went to see Seagulls play Spurs (my team!-- yes roll on jokes !) in FA Cup I think three years ago or so...Took the little one too and she loved it (At WHL)...

I lived in West Hove (actually!)...
I grew up in West Hove ( actually ) and was also at that game.
Think Spurs were lucky to win as I seem to remember. We had plenty of the game and some good chances to win it.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I lived at Fiveways, so close-ish, and worked at Hollingbury Ind Estate! Worked with a fanatical Seagulls supporter, I swear he's got "B&H A" engraved on his heart, kind of like Queen Mary with Calais
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

pinball_wizard is an unknown quantity at this point

Im from crawley, just up the road, so naturally im a Man Utd fan! lol.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks to you all for your posts.
Unless you are a true Albion fan and have been through the last 10 years
without a proper home then it's hard to understand the feelings of the fans.
If they didn't build the stadium at Falmer then that would have been the end of the club. As Dick Knight once told me if we don't get the stadium at Falmer there isn't another site in the city boundry that the council would even consider and that would be the begining of the end.
The Universerty buildings were going to come down with or without the stadium as they were full of aspestos, only the club paid for it rather than the uni. We all know deep down inside that the site is not ideal but there really was nothing else. With the upgrades to road and rail links this may change and as for the people living in Falmer the village will be a no go area for fans on match days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.