Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Border Security TV show

Border Security TV show

Old Mar 30th 2013, 11:17 pm
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of
Default Re: Border Security TV show

I keep a few of the UK Border security series on my PVR to show any bleeding hearts who say that Australia is too tough on the boat people.
In the UK, if they turn up illegally, they are immediately returned to their last location. Quite often they show the same people arriving in the backs of trucks day after day from Calais to Dover.
France and Indonesia are identical in this regard and I argue that the boat people caught in the waters off Indonesia should be returned to Java and not taken to Christmas island.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 11:41 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

You can only return them to Indonesia if you have the agreement of Indonesia. So far Indonesia have laughed off Abbott's policy of turn back the boats. Abbott is quite dishonest saying he would be able to tow the boats back to Indonesia.
Originally Posted by derab
I keep a few of the UK Border security series on my PVR to show any bleeding hearts who say that Australia is too tough on the boat people.
In the UK, if they turn up illegally, they are immediately returned to their last location. Quite often they show the same people arriving in the backs of trucks day after day from Calais to Dover.
France and Indonesia are identical in this regard and I argue that the boat people caught in the waters off Indonesia should be returned to Java and not taken to Christmas island.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 12:03 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

what's new zealand for?
Old Mar 31st 2013, 2:14 am

Baaaaaa
Originally Posted by commonwealth
what's new zealand for?
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derab
Why not Bali

They might think they are in Australia
Old Mar 31st 2013, 10:26 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
Why not Bali

They might think they are in Australia
my god that would be like showing them all australians are stupid bogan. but actually that may discourage them from actually coming!
Old Mar 31st 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

my god that would be like showing them all australians are stupid bogan. but actually that may discourage them from actually coming!
Exactly
Old Apr 1st 2013, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Cosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant future

Terrible queue for the (red channel) on the way back through Sydney from the South Pacific for us after Christmas - v annoying.

Understaffed I think

http://www.theage.com.au/national/cu...115-2crmf.html
Old Apr 1st 2013, 10:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I flew into MEL this morning...not sure why but it was super quiet. Despite the fact that it should've been quite relaxed the four assholes working the customs line were probably the rudest, most obnoxious, most unprofessional staff I've seen in an airport anywhere. A totally disgraceful & embarrassing welcome to Australia.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 10:30 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I flew into MEL this morning...not sure why but it was super quiet. Despite the fact that it should've been quite relaxed the four assholes working the customs line were probably the rudest, most obnoxious, most unprofessional staff I've seen in an airport anywhere. A totally disgraceful & embarrassing welcome to Australia.
You've never arrived in Boston, Mass then?
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

My 9 year old is obsessed with these shows - we were watching one the other week and there was a shipment of drugs in powdered form concealed in a package. They do the nick test and go off to the ad break before the result and she says "probably heroin, I initially thought cocaine but cocaine is kinda sticky". I thought WTF, so I googled it and good quality street cocaine should be kinda sticky in consistency. Maybe she's going to be a narc.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 12:16 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
You've never arrived in Boston, Mass then?
Or Detroit, Michigan
Old Apr 1st 2013, 8:02 pm
Daffyd Duck

or gatwick
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:08 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

or gatwick
or Heathrow
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:36 pm

Garwick has had a reputation for Nazi immigration officers. Not sure why but Poles I knew dreaded going through Gatwick.

Originally Posted by Dorothy
or Heathrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.