Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Boat, Mindarie

The Boat, Mindarie

Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:28 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: The Boat, Mindarie

Originally Posted by renth
I hate to say it but it all started to go down hill after that girl got raped and murdered there.
i never knew that. When was that?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:34 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
i never knew that. When was that?
About 3 years ago, a young woman was drinking there - new pommie migrant and was followed out and killed. Looks like there wasn't a rape - apologies for posting that.

Man jailed for murdering Mindarie woman

A 20-year-old man will serve at least eleven-and-a-half years of a life jail sentence for the murder of a Mindarie woman.

The Supreme Court in Perth heard James Robert Duggan choked 19-year-old Rebecca Ryle in May 2004 and left her to die at the Mindarie Primary School.

He had met Ms Ryle only hours earlier at a tavern and gave no reason for killing her.

Outside the court the victim's father, Francis Ryle, said Duggan had shown no remorse.

"He shows only sadness that he was caught and he's facing a jail sentence, he does not care, he's lacking all human characteristics as far as I can see," he said.

Duggan has already spent nearly two years in jail and will be eligible for parole in less than 10 years.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...4/s1622906.htm

Last edited by renth; Jun 5th 2008 at 2:37 am.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:50 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

About 3 years ago, a young woman was drinking there - new pommie migrant and was followed out and killed. Looks like there wasn't a rape - apologies for posting that.

Man jailed for murdering Mindarie woman

A 20-year-old man will serve at least eleven-and-a-half years of a life jail sentence for the murder of a Mindarie woman.

The Supreme Court in Perth heard James Robert Duggan choked 19-year-old Rebecca Ryle in May 2004 and left her to die at the Mindarie Primary School.

He had met Ms Ryle only hours earlier at a tavern and gave no reason for killing her.

Outside the court the victim's father, Francis Ryle, said Duggan had shown no remorse.

"He shows only sadness that he was caught and he's facing a jail sentence, he does not care, he's lacking all human characteristics as far as I can see," he said.

Duggan has already spent nearly two years in jail and will be eligible for parole in less than 10 years.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...4/s1622906.htm

That happened just before we got here. I suppose reputations stick. A pub i lived near in Halifax had a bad reputation for years...15 yrs ago the landlord got shot. People still talk about it 15 yrs on even though nothing bad after that happened.
The Boat for me though has gone down hill. I think the Bailey is better and that's saying something
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:24 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate to say it but it all started to go down hill after that girl got raped and murdered there.
The same thing happened here in Dorset in a town that is in the top ten most sortafter/ expensive places in England. She was dumped in a wheelie bin after . I don''t think you can blame the pub,restaurant,offey's just the nutter that killed them .!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:44 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kapri
I know they say it's cheap to eat out in Australia but that takes some beating
Some people get real bargains eh? LOL

My OH took our grandson to an Italian for Lunch on SUnday. Had a lovely 2 course meal and when OH paid bill, the chap gave him the change plus the amount he paid with! Free meal and more money than he went in with. He wasn't so honest, but he did put the original change money in the tip jar!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:30 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd have to agree with Worzel over the standard of food dished out in The Boat ... truely awful and for me, the menu is very limited. The location sells it but it could be soooo much better.

The beer is overpriced altho' the Indie next door is owned by the same guy hence the expense there as well. That said, the food in the Indie is far superior.

As for loud Poms in the Boat? ..., I'm sure the Carramar Red Lion or whatever they are going to call it will only ever be frequented by middle class gentry of Australian descent ...

I'm looking for business partners to open a family themed pub on that block of land off Shenton Ave on the corner behind the garage (Currambine Marketplace). A nice family friendly pub with a large grassed beer garden and climbing equipment would literally 'kill the pig' ...
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:47 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I'd have to agree with Worzel over the standard of food dished out in The Boat ... truely awful and for me, the menu is very limited. The location sells it but it could be soooo much better.

The beer is overpriced altho' the Indie next door is owned by the same guy hence the expense there as well. That said, the food in the Indie is far superior.

As for loud Poms in the Boat? ..., I'm sure the Carramar Red Lion or whatever they are going to call it will only ever be frequented by middle class gentry of Australian descent ...

I'm looking for business partners to open a family themed pub on that block of land off Shenton Ave on the corner behind the garage (Currambine Marketplace). A nice family friendly pub with a large grassed beer garden and climbing equipment would literally 'kill the pig' ...
The Carramar Tavern only got approved on the basis it would be a quiet family restaurant / tavern. That doesn't mean that you won't get Mr and Mrs Pom taking the nippers down there, letting them run wild and drinking until they fall over. (I can get away with this statement because I am actually a very well behaved drunk - most of the time and my daughter is not the run amok type either. My wife on the other hand... )

As for the pub idea - goodonya mate. I don't really have the finances to back you in that way but if you need someone with a financial background in return for a small share in the place I might be interested.