Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Boat, Mindarie

The Boat, Mindarie

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:45 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Boat, Mindarie

What a shit hole! I can't believe I used to like it there when we first came over. I spent all day diving yesterday so took the missus out for dinner to The Boat because they don't do bookings and we left it late. I wish I hadn't bothered. The price has gone up 50% in 3 years, is every bit as bad as a Wetherspoons meal, it cost me $12 for a pint of Becks and a diet coke, I had a bad stomach today and the place was full of loud pissed up poms trying to out-moron each other.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Boat, Mindarie

[ .[/QUOTE]

Oh dear Worzel, the last things you need.

Hmm
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

Couldn't agree more. Have a wander round the corner to the Indi next time, better in every way
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:49 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower
[ .
Oh dear Worzel, the last things you need.

Hmm[/QUOTE]

Nah, running out of air 10m under water was the last thing I needed
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:50 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by Jackier
Couldn't agree more. Have a wander round the corner to the Indi next time, better in every way
I like it in there but they have this stupid no-kids-after-3pm policy.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

Originally Posted by worzel
I like it in there but they have this stupid no-kids-after-3pm policy.
Bugger, didn't know that, better not go with my hubby again - he's 42 going on 10
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

What a shit hole! I can't believe I used to like it there when we first came over. I spent all day diving yesterday so took the missus out for dinner to The Boat because they don't do bookings and we left it late. I wish I hadn't bothered. The price has gone up 50% in 3 years, is every bit as bad as a Wetherspoons meal, it cost me $12 for a pint of Becks and a diet coke, I had a bad stomach today and the place was full of loud pissed up poms trying to out-moron each other.
I love the place next door to it, cant remember the name of it now but a really nice place for lunch. We went the other week and the bill was $60.50 The manager served us. I Paid with my eptos and when I looked at the receipt she had only charged us 50C. Being the good honest girl that I am I went up to tell her. She was busy so one of the girls working there said she would tell her and get her to come to us. I watched her tell her, watched the manager go to the till, count all the money and then go back to work. Never came near me I left about 20 minutes later, walked passed the manager, not a word. Went straight to the ATM to check and dinner for 3 had indeed cost 50c
Tracie
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:30 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
I love the place next door to it, cant remember the name of it now but a really nice place for lunch. We went the other week and the bill was $60.50 The manager served us. I Paid with my eptos and when I looked at the receipt she had only charged us 50C. Being the good honest girl that I am I went up to tell her. She was busy so one of the girls working there said she would tell her and get her to come to us. I watched her tell her, watched the manager go to the till, count all the money and then go back to work. Never came near me I left about 20 minutes later, walked passed the manager, not a word. Went straight to the ATM to check and dinner for 3 had indeed cost 50c
Tracie
I know they say it's cheap to eat out in Australia but that takes some beating
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:40 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Food always been poor there , Been a year almost but Whale n ale food much better .

How come you don't take the misses to H.J'S anymore
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kapri
I know they say it's cheap to eat out in Australia but that takes some beating
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:31 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

the place was full of loud pissed up poms trying to out-moron each other.
Worzel, you're turning Aussie. Were they all wearing football shirts?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:57 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Food always been poor there , Been a year almost but Whale n ale food much better .

How come you don't take the misses to H.J'S anymore
We haven't done much better with the Whale and Ale either. Admittedly we normally eat there on quiz night when they are run off their feet but we have waited 2 hours for our meals sometimes. We ate there the weekend they opened and the food was only half cooked. In fact we don't seem to do well any time we eat in the Mindarie / Clarkson area.

Last place I took the missus to was the MBH at Mullaloo - very nice food but it wouldn't suit people like my dad who rate food on the ratio of size of meal divided by price $150 for 3 courses though but worth it for the occassional treat or you are so far down the back of the doghouse all you can see is Mutley's arse.

Hungry Jacks? I love it ("the burgers taste better", well, at least vaguely like meat) but M says it is too spicy so has to be Maccas instead.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:00 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by renth
Worzel, you're turning Aussie.
You only just noticed?

Originally Posted by renth
Were they all wearing football shirts?
No not ALL of them. There were a few Celtic t-shirts near us and two blokes supporting Wests Tigers so pissed they were standing up in the middle of the place shouting their heads off at the match on the big screen like they were unaware they were in a packed family restaurant not in the stands at the match.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Joondalup Resort does great food. I can highly recommend it.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:02 am
(It's not my real name)

You only just noticed?

No not ALL of them. There were a few Celtic t-shirts near us and two blokes supporting Wests Tigers so pissed they were standing up in the middle of the place shouting their heads off at the match on the big screen like they were unaware they were in a packed family restaurant not in the stands at the match.
What the hell were they doing showing rugby league in a West Aussie pub?!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.