Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best airline to fly from Brisbane to Gatwick??

Best airline to fly from Brisbane to Gatwick??

Old Mar 30th 2016, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best airline to fly from Brisbane to Gatwick??

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hi there...do you mean do the first leg with Qantas and the 2nd leg with Emirates...........how do I do that? Book each separately? Thanks in advance
No don't book separately. They will be code share, when you go to book your flights there will be different connection options with partner airlines.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

example outbound in May. This looks to be your only option for a one-stop to London Gatwick via Dubai:

BNE d. 21:00 DXB a. 05.20 - Qantas codeshare QF8435 or Emirates EK435
connection 2 hours 40 minutes
DXB d. 08.00 LGW a. 12.35 - Qantas codeshare QF8015 or Emirates EK015

both flights are operated by Emirates but can be booked through Qantas or Emirates.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that you have said that you only want to consider 1 stop to Gatwick, but 2 stops would give you more flight options, could well be considerably less expensive and you get to stretch your legs! On the downside, it would invariably take longer and the extra leg adds potential for delays, etc.

The last two occasions that I flew back to London (Heathrow), I went 2 stops from Melbourne. It added 2 1/2 hours to the trip and I saved about $500 return on the equivalent one-stop journey; I enjoyed the extra chance to stretch my legs and I had extra spending money when I got to England.

Last edited by Rhubarb65; Mar 30th 2016 at 10:57 am.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Thanks guys, it looks like Qantas or Emirates.

Do they have USB portals in the seats these days?

Are there any planes to avoid eg. size-wise (smaller planes), I am only small so it shouldnt matter much, just wondered
Old Apr 1st 2016, 11:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any planes to avoid eg. size-wise (smaller planes), I am only small so it shouldnt matter much, just wondered
Some of the QF/Emirats planes have USBs, some don't.
The planes that do the UK route are all big ones, no little Cessna's, which is a shame cos I'd love to do that route in a baby plane.
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 12:27 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates 777s are often complained about. They have a 3-4-3 layout in economy, it's not that uncommon these days but many other airlines are only 3-3-3. So the seats are narrow, but not a whole lot different. A lot of the space for the extra seat is reclaimed from the aisles which are really narrow - if you sit in an aisle seat you get bumped every time a person or cart goes past!
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 5:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Emirates 777s are often complained about. They have a 3-4-3 layout in economy, it's not that uncommon these days but many other airlines are only 3-3-3. So the seats are narrow, but not a whole lot different. A lot of the space for the extra seat is reclaimed from the aisles which are really narrow - if you sit in an aisle seat you get bumped every time a person or cart goes past!
Kind of expect that from Emikrap. And they wouldn't know how to apologise if you challenged them.