Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best airline to fly from Brisbane to Gatwick??

Best airline to fly from Brisbane to Gatwick??

Old Mar 29th 2016, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Question Best airline to fly from Brisbane to Gatwick??

Hi guys

I am travelling to the UK in May. Which is the best airline to travel with. I am not looking for the cheapest.

Do any of the airlines have any interesting mod cons people like that make them choose that airline?

I have noticed that not all airlines fly this route.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 29th 2016, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best airline to fly from Brisbane to Gatwick??

I wouldn't think there are many options. Looks like Emirates will do the route, so they are probably the best. Others incorporate two stops, some going via USA.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I wouldn't think there are many options. Looks like Emirates will do the route, so they are probably the best. Others incorporate two stops, some going via USA.
Thanks. Yes, I defo only want one stop...not two for sure
Old Mar 29th 2016, 6:50 am
Just Joined

bimble is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hi guys

I am travelling to the UK in May. Which is the best airline to travel with. I am not looking for the cheapest.

Do any of the airlines have any interesting mod cons people like that make them choose that airline?

Thanks in advance
We booked through Qantas to fly Melbourne to Gatwick via Dubai, ended up being a Qantas plane to Dubai then Emirates to Gatwick, either way you have to get off at Dubai so it was no extra hassle & both companies are fairly similar. I'm sure there would be a Qantas flight from Brisbane as well
Old Mar 29th 2016, 6:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Thanks in advance
Emirates do this one-stop route
Old Mar 29th 2016, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Thanks in advance
Hi,

We travel lots of times long haul (especially my OH with work) and when we lived in Aus we used a lot of the National Airlines to visit the UK, even though with one stop off we found Emirates to be the better flight as it evened out the times between the "stop off" (from WA) for us we have always found Singapore to be the better airline, staff just lovely, Changi is great if you have a long stop off, showers, cafe's etc . Good luck
Old Mar 29th 2016, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I have done both the Qantas to Dubai then Emirates to Gatwick and the Emirates all the way to Gatwick with the stop in Dubai.

If travelling to Sussex or Kent its definately the best option. Less M25 faffing around.

If you can do the Qantas leg do that over Emirates. Emirates definitely has third world traits.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 1:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I have done both the Qantas to Dubai then Emirates to Gatwick and the Emirates all the way to Gatwick with the stop in Dubai.

If travelling to Sussex or Kent its definately the best option. Less M25 faffing around.

If you can do the Qantas leg do that over Emirates. Emirates definitely has third world traits.
Goes with that third world hell-hole of an airport.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

WilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud of

I've booked etihad, albeit edinburgh to brisbane, but they are doing it one stop so I'd have a look at them also. It's the boeing dreamliner from abu dhabi to brisbane so looking forward to that.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Goes with that third world hell-hole of an airport.
I don't mind Dubai is an airport. They need to sort out the queues at those security checks. That is a basket case. And often you have short connection and that is a dash between a number of terminals.

The Frequent Flyer lounge is good.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 10:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind Dubai is an airport. They need to sort out the queues at those security checks. That is a basket case. And often you have short connection and that is a dash between a number of terminals.

Thats the only good point I have found in the place.

Connections are timed too short for the length of the queues. And the second security check when flying to Aus is just ridiculous.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WilliamStacey
I've booked etihad, albeit edinburgh to brisbane, but they are doing it one stop so I'd have a look at them also. It's the boeing dreamliner from abu dhabi to brisbane so looking forward to that.
Etihad used to fly from Gatwick (I flew with them from there about 10 years ago), but don't seem to currently. Emirates / Qantas seems to be your best bet if you want to fly one-stop to Gatwick from BNE - the second leg from Dubai to LGW would be with Emirates as Beoz mentioned.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 11:22 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The A380 1st class lounge is insanely awesome

Now that's how the other half live
Old Mar 30th 2016, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rhubarb65
Etihad used to fly from Gatwick (I flew with them from there about 10 years ago), but don't seem to currently. Emirates / Qantas seems to be your best bet if you want to fly one-stop to Gatwick from BNE - the second leg from Dubai to LGW would be with Emirates as Beoz mentioned.
Hi there...do you mean do the first leg with Qantas and the 2nd leg with Emirates...........how do I do that? Book each separately? Thanks in advance
Old Mar 30th 2016, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi there...do you mean do the first leg with Qantas and the 2nd leg with Emirates...........how do I do that? Book each separately? Thanks in advance
www.qantas.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.