Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Needing an English double bed frame...

Needing an English double bed frame...

Old Apr 1st 2016, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Kiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to behold
Default Needing an English double bed frame...

Hi All,
I was wondering, does anybody have a double bed frame they either don't want? or know where I could buy one around Sydney?

I have a temper mattress, a double. And whats happening is the beds here usually have a base with a 'slot' and my mattress is a couple inches too long and too wide.

At the moment I have that common Ikea bed, and its half in, half out!

regards!
Old Apr 1st 2016, 7:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Needing an English double bed frame...

Originally Posted by Kiwi-Irish
Hi All,
I was wondering, does anybody have a double bed frame they either don't want? or know where I could buy one around Sydney?

I have a temper mattress, a double. And whats happening is the beds here usually have a base with a 'slot' and my mattress is a couple inches too long and too wide.

regards!
I think you'll struggle

When we moved to Australia we had the same the problem. We have a very expensive latex memory foam mattress that we brought with us (still as good as new 15 years after we bought it). We couldn't get a frame new or 2nd hand anywhere so ended up having one made to measure

Good luck
Old Apr 1st 2016, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

regards!
Try Gumtree.We have sold beds from the Uk on there.Failing that you could see if you could find a divan and just sit the mattress on top.Not sure what it would like with the overhang though.
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 4:57 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

regards!
The cheap double bed frame I bought at Fantastic furniture seems to fit a UK double.

Have you measured your mattress to see which frames fit best - maybe you need a queen?
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Kiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to behold

Sadly, I found a beautiful brass double bed, an english one, from an english seller on gumtree yesterday and was delighted. However, turned out she got back to the removalist truck too late (she was packing her stuff to go back and I guess this bed didn't sell so was planning to just take it back then) it was loaded on at the front and she wasn't able to get it off in time :-( I must have found her ad just a little late. So I'll keep looking occasionally on gumtree.

Yes, I got a queen frame when I got here, and found that to be massive.

You're right though, maybe I should be measuring it and considering frames that way, I just assume all AUS double frames would be to a standard size, but maybe they're not?
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Which one fits yours, Old.sparkles? pls can you post me the link? I'll measure up and maybe just get that one!
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 10:06 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Which one fits yours, Old.sparkles? pls can you post me the link? I'll measure up and maybe just get that one!
This is the one we bought - Roxanne Double Bed | Bedroom | Bedroom & Mattresses | Categories | Fantastic Furniture - Australia's Best Value Furniture & Bedding

Even if this one doesn't quite measure up, may be worth checking some of the others - they all seem to display dimensions
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Awesome, thanks. I'll measure my mattress when I get home