Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BEDDING ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEDDING ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 23rd 2008, 7:53 am
Just Joined

micko has a brilliant futuremicko has a brilliant futuremicko has a brilliant futuremicko has a brilliant futuremicko has a brilliant futuremicko has a brilliant futuremicko has a brilliant future
Default Re: BEDDING ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by cj321
Yep, but I don't know the name of Adelaide's soccer team if they have one. If you lived in Perth it would be Perth Glory and you probably wouldn't bother.
CJ your right, Perth's team is Perth Glory. I've seen them at the Hindmarsh where I go to watch Adelaide Utd. You're also right, the standard of football in Aus is not nearly as good as that in the premiership in England. Which is why foxtel make so much money out of Aussies who want to watch entertaining games.

Still I attend the hindmarsh whenever possible to support my local team Adelaide Utd. It is much more difficult for Aussie teams to generate the finances needed to attract the world class players you see in the premiership. A-league teams have to contend with all the local traditional Aussie sports like cricket and the national game of egg chasing (AFL, not rugby as this truely is an international sport). So they have to make do with the players available within their price range.

Still I understand, football is in the ascendency here in Aus. More and more interest is being generated thanks to the likes of foxtel, and as the clubs become richer, the better players will start to come down under. (I hope they stock up on bedding first though). When that happens it will allow Aussies the chance to watch a real game. The beautiful game. So they will no longer have to go and watch that drivel AFL (that only really gets played in this country - there's got to be a reason for that). Until that time I'll have to keep subscribing to foxtel.