Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Old Mar 16th 2018, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I don't respond any longer to lobbyists more concerned with their falling real estate pile than the well being of the city they actually inhabit.

I concern myself with the facts. Those facts show close to 80% of people polled at unhappy with population growth on third world levels, a city increasingly out of reach of the people living there as costs surmount London, New York and Tokyo.

A city whose character is being smashed before its eyes. A process that has never been discussed, debated or allowed to be brought into the open for discussion. The odd times that it sees light the response is enormous.

The fact being the population beyond the rent seekers whom I constantly point out, do not want a turbo charged allegedly skilled migration horde, where the majority fail to obtain work in 'their supposed skilled profession' but compete with your average worker in employment, non affordable housing, the clogging up of hospitals, public transport, schools, the list goes on all for no benefit than attempt to prevent a recession and housing crash.

Afraid your arguments are check mated, irrelevant, ideologically driven without thought or worse care for the consequences.

So being a public forum feel free to continue your frankly, quite bizarre statements, of course, but little need for a response to someone who applauds the destruction going on around them.
Post 198 will tell you why I am happy with it.

Onwards and upwards for those who embrace change. More moaning and resentment for those who don't.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I don't respond any longer to lobbyists more concerned with their falling real estate pile than the well being of the city they actually inhabit.

I concern myself with the facts. Those facts show close to 80% of people polled at unhappy with population growth on third world levels, a city increasingly out of reach of the people living there as costs surmount London, New York and Tokyo.

A city whose character is being smashed before its eyes. A process that has never been discussed, debated or allowed to be brought into the open for discussion. The odd times that it sees light the response is enormous.

The fact being the population beyond the rent seekers whom I constantly point out, do not want a turbo charged allegedly skilled migration horde, where the majority fail to obtain work in 'their supposed skilled profession' but compete with your average worker in employment, non affordable housing, the clogging up of hospitals, public transport, schools, the list goes on all for no benefit than attempt to prevent a recession and housing crash.

Afraid your arguments are check mated, irrelevant, ideologically driven without thought or worse care for the consequences.

So being a public forum feel free to continue your frankly, quite bizarre statements, of course, but little need for a response to someone who applauds the destruction going on around them.

Australia has no real concept in place apart from over load the main centres with people and see where we go.
Anyone that has worked in or for that matter experienced management will like be aware of the lack of planning and more the consequences of ill thought out actions. Rather rampant here.

The massive over whelming of Sydney and Melbourne with population, even without the jobs, just another example. Airy fairy words like embracing change are completely meaningless in this context as there isn't any.

The rapid spread of Australian cities over the past fifty years has shown a general disregard towards liveable cities in the context of connection and walkability, public transport and isolation.

Now it appears they want to over compensate by adapting (developers) a rather alien style of living for most Australians in flats, without any discussion indeed supress a conversation and flat tack the foot to the floor into a Brave New World of not just change in places, but complete change in living standards(falling) and numbers and where flat living becomes the norm, if even un affordable in those cities.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

The massive over whelming of Sydney and Melbourne with population, even without the jobs,
As per usual I fact check you. Sydney's unemployment is going great guns but we know that despite your pitch.

Melbourne has some serious issues in its non English speaking areas. But that's a Labor govt for you. They sell to struggle street but really know how to mess them up.

Anyway, carry on, don't let me distract you.
Old Mar 17th 2018, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
As per usual I fact check you. Sydney's unemployment is going great guns but we know that despite your pitch.

Melbourne has some serious issues in its non English speaking areas. But that's a Labor govt for you. They sell to struggle street but really know how to mess them up.

Anyway, carry on, don't let me distract you.
If you fact checked you wouldn't be writing such nonsense. As has been established the great majority by far have alleged skilled workers from Non English countries, do not get into a position related to their experience/studies. Half for English speakers. Meaning these people are forced generally into low paid/over qualified positions, meaning a strain on recourses attempting to live in Sydney, one of the most expensive cities in the world.

To bring in large numbers of people without the adequate work in looking for medium longer term problems down the road.

It is not only Melbourne experiencing issues with non English speaking backgrounds, Sydney is on a similar level, but differs in attracting a wealthier cohort in that many of the Chinese arriving there are already wealthy.
That in itself introduces other issues but probably less dependant on the work front situation.

Anyway I'm all for the multi cultural aspects to enliven Aussie cities, just not to the point where numbers regardless of race ran too far ahead of themselves which has been the case for sometime.

I wonder if it will wipe out the Bogans or create a new type? The first could almost be worth the trials and tribulations of declining living standards alone. Almost.

Australia does not need immigration levels running at near record intake.

As for jobs being created most are State or Federally funded according to latest releases. Doesn't say much for the need for workers in the private sector. A lot part of the catch up required to begin to address the mass population issue impacting main cities.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A most amazing piece from Peter Martin, economic editor of The Age. A few perils of wisdom but this for starters.

Peter Martin...If we can lift the living standard of people who come here, without much harming (or even enriching) our own why shouldn't we?

My Response.....Since when has it became a moral obligation of Australia to accept migrants on the grounds of bettering their lives?

Peter Martin.....(He asks the question)What if we don't want all this activity like clogged roads ETC?
WE would be denying would be migrants, who often come from countries far more crowded than Australia.
That there are places worse than Australia suggests that Australia isn't yet populated enough compared to the rest of the world.
Anyone who gets out of our cities and looks at our coast line will have to agree.

Response.......Does such dross really qualify as pro immigration debate in this country? We are in serious trouble indeed if this is the height of the intellectual argument in favour of over loading migrants on our ill equipped cities.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A most amazing piece from Peter Martin, economic editor of The Age. A few perils of wisdom but this for starters.

Peter Martin...If we can lift the living standard of people who come here, without much harming (or even enriching) our own why shouldn't we?

My Response.....Since when has it became a moral obligation of Australia to accept migrants on the grounds of bettering their lives?

Peter Martin.....(He asks the question)What if we don't want all this activity like clogged roads ETC?
WE would be denying would be migrants, who often come from countries far more crowded than Australia.
That there are places worse than Australia suggests that Australia isn't yet populated enough compared to the rest of the world.
Anyone who gets out of our cities and looks at our coast line will have to agree.

Response.......Does such dross really qualify as pro immigration debate in this country? We are in serious trouble indeed if this is the height of the intellectual argument in favour of over loading migrants on our ill equipped cities.
No it doesn't but when the narrow mind can't comprehend the benefits of population growth, and the right type of immigration, and always drift back to hospitals, roads, and schools, which are being built at an extraordinary rate in Sydney anyway, then you have to take the left wing approach.

After all, western Sydney doesn't get one of these without growth.

https://www.greater.sydney/western-sydney-city-deal

You should look up a guy called Richard Threlfall. His series of articles on LinkedIn on cities and infrastructure are good and he always has an ever evolving opinion.

Last edited by Beoz; Mar 19th 2018 at 8:57 am.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Further ramblings of Peter Martin, immigration importer extraordinaire...

The rest of the world has granted us a licence to use this continent on the implicit understanding that we populate it.

How bizarre. Along the lines, but even more extreme than above poster. No concern for the well being of people presently here or the sustainability of such idiocy.

Besides the poaching of certain skilled staff assists developing world countries how exactly?

The attempt cover of some moral obligation can only be assumed to be a smoke screen to import ever more workers to cut costs at the bequest of business.
There is obviously no concern at the social implications let alone the strain and decline in services.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No it doesn't but when the narrow mind can't comprehend the benefits of population growth, and the right type of immigration, and always drift back to hospitals, roads, and schools, which are being built at an extraordinary rate in Sydney anyway, then you have to take the left wing approach.

After all, western Sydney doesn't get one of these without growth.

https://www.greater.sydney/western-sydney-city-deal

You should look up a guy called Richard Threlfall. His series of articles on LinkedIn on cities and infrastructure are good and he always has an ever evolving opinion.
Western Sydney already buckling under population pressures. How about spreading out these 'alleged skilled' workers into white collar and well to do suburbs rather than creating ghettos in working class west sidnee burbs?

No need to look up any Big Population guru as there are a score of them cheering on decline. Better ask whose payment they are responding to.
Australia does not do infrastructure well. Tram now cancelled in Parramatta Road I was reading. No doubt corruption ripe. About the only thing that will take off is declining living standards.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Western Sydney already buckling under population pressures. How about spreading out these 'alleged skilled' workers into white collar and well to do suburbs rather than creating ghettos in working class west sidnee burbs?

No need to look up any Big Population guru as there are a score of them cheering on decline. Better ask whose payment they are responding to.
Australia does not do infrastructure well. Tram now cancelled in Parramatta Road I was reading. No doubt corruption ripe. About the only thing that will take off is declining living standards.
So your answer to "Australia doesn't do Infrastructure well" is to not do it at all.

My answer to "Australia doesn't do Infrastructure well" is to immigrate those who have done it well.

I wonder who will win that argument.

Can you show me where the Parramtta light rail has been canned?
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So your answer to "Australia doesn't do Infrastructure well" is to not do it at all.

My answer to "Australia doesn't do Infrastructure well" is to immigrate those who have done it well.

I wonder who will win that argument.

Can you show me where the Parramtta light rail has been canned?
Well you certainly won't win anything other than the wooden spoon.

So you prefer the reverse. Over flow Sidnee to breaking point then attempt to play catch up, which of course will never happen, with developing world population growth and ever increasing downward shift in living standards being the result.

Of course your idea is to further inflate the pain being experienced in Western Sydney. Create the favelas out there and in time wall them in no doubt as poor standards and fierce competition for scarce resources further complicates the diversity issues and over crowing.

I suppose it could be like Soweto an added tourist attraction with rich first world tourists gawking at those in unfortunate circumstances.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well you certainly won't win anything other than the wooden spoon.

So you prefer the reverse. Over flow Sidnee to breaking point then attempt to play catch up, which of course will never happen, with developing world population growth and ever increasing downward shift in living standards being the result.

Of course your idea is to further inflate the pain being experienced in Western Sydney. Create the favelas out there and in time wall them in no doubt as poor standards and fierce competition for scarce resources further complicates the diversity issues and over crowing.

I suppose it could be like Soweto an added tourist attraction with rich first world tourists gawking at those in unfortunate circumstances.
You are fighting a losing battle here.

Cities around the world have done and will continue to get larger. Its done deal mate. Always has been.

You just need to do what Sydney is doing at a rapid rate and build the infrastructure to support the done deal growth.

Jump on board and vote Libs. They are the only ones who will save you.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You are fighting a losing battle here.

Cities around the world have done and will continue to get larger. Its done deal mate. Always has been.

You just need to do what Sydney is doing at a rapid rate and build the infrastructure to support the done deal growth.

Jump on board and vote Libs. They are the only ones who will save you.
Well no they are not unless you are speaking of developing world cities. Sidnee is increasing faster than most/. While you may well applaud and seek to emulate cities like Mexico City and Sao Paulo as a few classic examples, the chances are most by far will not share your self destructive apparent gene, not just for yourself but those around you as well.

The general sentiment is negative to what is happening and very visible declines in living standards.

Few would trust the Libs to save themselves, although they twist and turn at every turn. A totally dishonest bunch if ever there was with total disregard for the mass of Australian people.

It would be hard for most to actually appreciate just how far down this lot has taken the nation and very far from concluding their lunacy yet to which a very high price will be paid.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well no they are not unless you are speaking of developing world cities. Sidnee is increasing faster than most/. While you may well applaud and seek to emulate cities like Mexico City and Sao Paulo as a few classic examples, the chances are most by far will not share your self destructive apparent gene, not just for yourself but those around you as well.

The general sentiment is negative to what is happening and very visible declines in living standards.

Few would trust the Libs to save themselves, although they twist and turn at every turn. A totally dishonest bunch if ever there was with total disregard for the mass of Australian people.

It would be hard for most to actually appreciate just how far down this lot has taken the nation and very far from concluding their lunacy yet to which a very high price will be paid.
You could vote Labor. They want Big Australia too. The problem with Labor is they can't create or manage growth, and they will send the country broke like they always do when they get their turn.

Not much of a choice for you.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh look. Another new project to add to the list.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/the-sydney-suburbs-on-list-of-station-sites-for-new-metro-line-20180323-p4z5vw.html

And how poor is the Labor argument? Labor will scrap other projects to the northern beaches and the shire (liberal heartlands). Libs will just do everything for everyone. What a nasty bunch that Labor party are.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

More ideas and creativity ...... less moaning ..... this is the message

https://www.smh.com.au/national/follow-the-artists-for-relief-from-sydney-s-congestion-and-housing-crisis-20180322-p4z5sl.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.