Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Hi Sarah

I watched todays show and thought you all did really well. My hubby said if thats what carpet fitters get in oz he would go and lay carpet lol.

Anyway keep that chin up and hope your visas come thru soon for you and good luck on the gold coast.

Tracey x
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hi Sarah

I watched todays show and thought you all did really well. My hubby said if thats what carpet fitters get in oz he would go and lay carpet lol.

Anyway keep that chin up and hope your visas come thru soon for you and good luck on the gold coast.

Tracey x
haven't seen it all yet, going to watch it later, but just told my OH he's got to change his profession
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Haven't been able to watch the last three days' programmes 'cause I've been ill . But now I'm better, I'm looking forward to watching three episodes tonight .

I REALLY don't understand why people on here are complaining about the programme's content. If you don't like it - use the off switch, simple. I am taking the programmes as they are intended and enjoy seeing the families, hearing their views, and catching some views of Oz.

As for those on here who criticise the families - shame on you . I think they were all incredibly brave to agree to be filmed . If they hadn't agreed to it, there would be no programme for me to watch. So, thank you all very much! And I also appreicate that some of you participants have come here on BE so we can talk to you. So, thank you very much again. Please don't be put off by the rude and negative people who post here.

Gina
good point well made. have a heart guys.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Originally Posted by curly
haven't seen it all yet, going to watch it later, but just told my OH he's got to change his profession
Hi, Said the same to my husband, thought he might like a change in job!!!
Lovely family and Im sure they will make a good go of their move. Nice to see the houses in Queensland and the different areas. Still keep watching just in case I miss something good!!! J
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
I would just like to say to ALL OF YOU who understand the emotion that I went through today a BIG THANKYOU I could have asked them not to show this but I sincerely wanted to show people that are going through the same thing that you can not change in life what is meant to be, I watched my brother for 3 years going through absolute torture only to get nothing at the end of it, it was also coming up to his anniversary of his death which brings all that raw emotion back to me, after his death my mum became ill and gave in as she could not bear to live life without my brother this is what made me decide not to go to Oz, and then one day after my mum had died I thought "you know what" you can not change what is going to happen you can either sit here and wait for everyone to die or you can go out and give your kids a better life which is why we are now on the final stages of our application (waiting for our visas fingers crossed).
The BBC did help us in a big way in that they found my husband a job fitting carpets similar to what he fits in the UK so at last we have a job to go to when we finally do go.
Anyway enouth of me thankyou all once again for you kind words hope you all live the Oz dream

Take care

Sarahxx
Hi, Only just read your thread, doesnt help when you read the thread from the last page backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish you all the best in your new life, you appear to be a really close family and I really hope it all works out for you.
We are off to the Sunshine coast in June! Best Wishes J and J
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Location: woodbridge suffolk hoping to go live northside brisbane
suffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant future

hi sarah and family
really enjoyed todays programme i said to my husband he better become a carpet fitter too!we really loved the second house you looked at where abouts was it !hope everything works out for you in youre new life in oz. we are hoping to live in brisbane to
karen and rob
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:35 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there
I watched the show today and loved it as we have our visa app in and just waiting now. I totally understand the emotion as I lost my sister to cancer 8 years ago aged 38 and we will have to leave her kids behind (all older now in their late teens and early 20's) but a wrench all the same. They are one of the main reasons we have not done it sooner and now we have the problem that our own kids are older and two of them cannot come on our visa but we will get them out there somehow and you never know my nieces and nephew may want to come too.
I thought today's show was the best for our situation and found a lot of it really interesting and useful.
We are looking to go to the sunshine coast, having visited in November and loved it.

Good luck to all
Nicky
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I really enjoyed todays show too. A lovely family who hit the nail on the head with the only living life once and doing what is right for 'your' family. Reading the posts here today it is clear it has really given people confirmation that we arent necessarily selffish in our aspirations for our kids.
One final point! Parents in law are wonderful so supportive and it was their comments that really hit home to me, 'dont feel selffish'. What wonderful people, i wish they were mine
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:47 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there
I thought they were great too and have just the right sort of attitude. I don't think it is easy for anybody in any situation. I myself don't have much family just a ton of older kids, not all my own, but my husbands mum is appearing to be OK with it but makes several remarks that make you realise she doesn't really mean it. I do understand but if we don't do it now we never will.
I do honestly get cases of the colly wobbles though!!

Nicky
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:11 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched it, really enjoyed todays programme, defo the best so far. Think there may be a lot of people changing careers Loved the houses and its great to see ones that we would probably be able to afford.

The family came across really well and it was great that their family and friends were encouraging them to do whatever made them happy

Joex
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:39 pm
The Harlows

nadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the rough

Good for you, go for it I wish you all the best xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hi Sarah

Tracey x
Dying to know what they are quoting carpet layers wages as. The guys who do our work get paid casual, thats if and when there is work, no hols, no sick pay etc, about $200 a day, so if they got a full week about $700 a week after tax. But thats australia not UK television
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Just watched it, really enjoyed todays programme, defo the best so far. Think there may be a lot of people changing careers Loved the houses and its great to see ones that we would probably be able to afford.

The family came across really well and it was great that their family and friends were encouraging them to do whatever made them happy

Joex
Me too just watched todays and yesterdays. Felt sorry for the ones in Perth, but couldn't understand how, at their age they'd never been able to buy a property???? to get their foot on the ladder as they say. But he could always have done a different job, with more pay
Loved todays one, not just because that's where we're heading () the people were great. Still can't suss out though the differnce in the properties the BBC rent out for them???? It hardly seems fair when the ones in Perth had a 4 bedroomed with a lovely pool, then the ones today a crappy wooden thing?????? which didn't seem to be anywhere near the coast, which they'd opted for!!!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Dying to know what they are quoting carpet layers wages as. The guys who do our work get paid casual, thats if and when there is work, no hols, no sick pay etc, about $200 a day, so if they got a full week about $700 a week after tax. But thats australia not UK television
They said on the programme wages were £35,000, £40,000 and in the city one up to £50,000 that's why I'm making my OH change his career!!!!! (he doesn't know it yet )
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
They said on the programme wages were £35,000, £40,000 and in the city one up to £50,000 that's why I'm making my OH change his career!!!!! (he doesn't know it yet )

There must be some confusion with the currency sign , $50,000 would be more like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.