Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:01 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
just to let you know I did not go on about my brother as this is the way it has been "edited" they wanted to get across the fact that you could be loosing someone at which point you may decide to stay, all I wanted to get across to anyone in my situation was you cant change what is going to happen you have to do what is right for you. You obviously have not been in my situation!

We're off to the Gold Coast!!

I might become a carpet fitter too for those wages.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

jonjelly will become famous soon enoughjonjelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by esperanza
Oh my good God, is any one else watching this morning's? I've not seen it for a few days as I've been working ( ?!) but this morning's is really annoying me. The woman's brother died, and she is going on and on about it in floods of tears - poor woman - but is there any need at all to include it in a prog about moving to Australia?!

(On the plus side, they did insert a teeny section about how to prepare for renting once you arrive)

THIS IS REALITY!!! the program was basically showing you how you cant hold back, i really felt for sarah, this subject is obviously very close to her heart and is there really anyhting wrong with showing some emotion??? i think the people who question why they had to show that are the people that have never been through that situation. i have been there and some times i forget the saying 'you only live once' and by watching the show today made me say it to myself again!!!
Thanks Sarah
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:29 am
TAR/LAR

Hi I Am New To Thi Site So Wanted To Say Hello To You All
Good To See Some Of You Already Know About This Programme, Are Any Of You On It? We Are The Jones Family Who Went Out With The Bbc In August To Film Our Bit In Brisbane/gold Coast, We Are Just Waiting Confirmation From The Bbc To Find Out When It Will Start (january Sometime Towards The End So I Was Told) Will Keep You All Informedwhen Know. Hope You All Enjoy It......

Sarah
Bedfordshire
Hoppity,
It's your scouse mates from Winsford, well done "hen", you were all great. I believe someone had a moan on this sight ..seholes. Are you going, and most important can we come to, we'll be no trouble, honest.

Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:35 am
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

I would just like to say to ALL OF YOU who understand the emotion that I went through today a BIG THANKYOU I could have asked them not to show this but I sincerely wanted to show people that are going through the same thing that you can not change in life what is meant to be, I watched my brother for 3 years going through absolute torture only to get nothing at the end of it, it was also coming up to his anniversary of his death which brings all that raw emotion back to me, after his death my mum became ill and gave in as she could not bear to live life without my brother this is what made me decide not to go to Oz, and then one day after my mum had died I thought "you know what" you can not change what is going to happen you can either sit here and wait for everyone to die or you can go out and give your kids a better life which is why we are now on the final stages of our application (waiting for our visas fingers crossed).
The BBC did help us in a big way in that they found my husband a job fitting carpets similar to what he fits in the UK so at last we have a job to go to when we finally do go.
Anyway enouth of me thankyou all once again for you kind words hope you all live the Oz dream

Take care

Sarahxx
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

just to let you know I did not go on about my brother as this is the way it has been "edited" they wanted to get across the fact that you could be loosing someone at which point you may decide to stay, all I wanted to get across to anyone in my situation was you cant change what is going to happen you have to do what is right for you. You obviously have not been in my situation!
i watched todays show and thought it was good and gosh did it make me cry i wish you and your family the very best of luck down under
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully I have never lost a brother but that does not mean I've never lost anyone - I would never for a moment criticise someone for being upset after losing a family member!
I would criticise the BBC for choosing to show it for so long as part of a programme that is ostensibly about relocating to the other side of the world.
In reality they seem to prefer a long section on housing and a deliberately drawn-out section with family crying over messages from home.
Everyone has to deal with bereavement at some point in their lives, it is always devastating- I don't think they needed to display your grief like that in a daytime bubble-gum show.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:13 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

It was great seeing Brisbane on today's show - its almost 4 years since we were there and sometimes I can forget why we were so set on it - anyway I remember now and can't wait to get back. I think if you watch all the shows you do get some useful bits of info coming up - like todays on rentals, sometimes they bring up snakes & spiders etc. They did seem to get a lot of bad weather while they were filming the shows though - still no good thinking its sunny everyday - we were lucky in both our trips - out of a total of six weeks we had 2 days of rain - torrential rain around Byron Bay and a lovely refreshing shower in Brisbane. Saying that we also spent 3 weeks in NZ with only 1 day of rain - so luck was with us - and being Winter helped.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=HOPPITY;4324186]I would just like to say to ALL OF YOU who understand the emotion that I went through today a BIG THANKYOU I could have asked them not to show this but I sincerely wanted to show people that are going through the same thing that you can not change in life what is meant to be,

Sarah and family, I watched the programme today and shed a tear with you. You were all fantastic and your boys are lovely. I am very jittery at the moment as we have never been and my emotions are up and down, but in comparison to what you have been through, I know that it is just fear of the unknown. After seeing your adventure I am now more positive and can't wait to be out there with the rest of you starting the long and exciting journey of building our new life, which we want for ourselves but more than anything our son who is 8 years old.
All the very best to you all and good luck with the rest of the application and who knows we might see you there soon.
Best wishes Paula x
Old Jan 25th 2007, 2:30 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah,

Havent watched todays show as im at work, but will put the video on when we get in.

all the best

Joex
Old Jan 25th 2007, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

fings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to behold

I would just like to say to ALL OF YOU who understand the emotion that I went through today a BIG THANKYOU I could have asked them not to show this but I sincerely wanted to show people that are going through the same thing that you can not change in life what is meant to be, I watched my brother for 3 years going through absolute torture only to get nothing at the end of it, it was also coming up to his anniversary of his death which brings all that raw emotion back to me, after his death my mum became ill and gave in as she could not bear to live life without my brother this is what made me decide not to go to Oz, and then one day after my mum had died I thought "you know what" you can not change what is going to happen you can either sit here and wait for everyone to die or you can go out and give your kids a better life which is why we are now on the final stages of our application (waiting for our visas fingers crossed).
The BBC did help us in a big way in that they found my husband a job fitting carpets similar to what he fits in the UK so at last we have a job to go to when we finally do go.
Anyway enouth of me thankyou all once again for you kind words hope you all live the Oz dream

Take care

Sarahxx
well done for going out there and then showing it to the british public
loved the show today
as i have also been in a similar situation
and for myself and family,are giving it a far go
regards Dave &family
,(as you said you only get one chance in life)
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Munchmel will become famous soon enough

Great show today! Finally people who don't make us all look like whingeing poms! You seemed really excited and positive about everything...really got us fired up about going...only wish they would show some schools

.....and as for carpet fitters wages...I'm retraining...lol

Best show yet. Good luck with your move Sarah

Mel
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:14 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula&leedevine
hi Jones family

i did see todays show and the quote u made 'you can't stop what's going to happen but u have to think about your own family' was perfect, i am not close to my family but husband is, my mom is terminally ill at the moment and my view is i can't stop what's going to happen either but i can make a differance 4 my kids, at the end of the day my family is my kids and i can hopefully make their future better in oz,

anyway how r the plans going?

Hi Paula/ Lee
I see you are from Halesowen. I lived there until last year. Where are you off to?

Last edited by Kapri; Jan 25th 2007 at 4:14 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

I have just watched the show from today and thought what a lovely family you are. I think you got it spot on saying you have to do what is best for you and your family, i didn't think for one mintue you came across as going on about your loss at all, so i hope this hasn't upset you at all.
We are hoping to go to the GC too so really enjoyed today's show.
I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:02 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't been able to watch the last three days' programmes 'cause I've been ill . But now I'm better, I'm looking forward to watching three episodes tonight .

I REALLY don't understand why people on here are complaining about the programme's content. If you don't like it - use the off switch, simple. I am taking the programmes as they are intended and enjoy seeing the families, hearing their views, and catching some views of Oz.

As for those on here who criticise the families - shame on you . I think they were all incredibly brave to agree to be filmed . If they hadn't agreed to it, there would be no programme for me to watch. So, thank you all very much! And I also appreicate that some of you participants have come here on BE so we can talk to you. So, thank you very much again. Please don't be put off by the rude and negative people who post here.

Gina
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:09 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi Paula/ Lee
I see you are from Halesowen. I lived there until last year. Where are you off to?
hi kapri

we r off to perth costal south hopefully how about u ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.