bbc iq test

Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:20 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jayr
I followed Megalania's example and scored 70. Not sure what a random approach should produce but given 100 is average for population, it must be a lot lower than that.
Actually, if we repeat this enought times, we could discover the value of pi to an interesting number of significant digits provided the results follow a Gausian probability distribution since:
Pg(x,u,o) = (1/(o . (2pi)^0.5) . exp (0.5 . ((x - u) / o)^2)

And if you look again, I think you will find that the results have not been normalized to 100.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
Actually, if we repeat this enought times, we could discover the value of pi to an interesting number of significant digits provided the results follow a Gausian probability distribution since:

And if you look again, I think you will find that the results have not been normalized to 100.

99 - 98 = 1

Wilf - Mega = civilisation
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:35 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania

Hmmm... isn't it:

P(x) = (1/(o(2pi)^0.5))exp -(0.5 ((x-u)/o)^2)
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:38 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Wilf
99 - 98 = 1

Wilf - Mega = civilisation
Ah, always did wonder why civilisation was so FUBAR. All your fault then. Right lets have that spare oxygen atom you keep toying with and we can all get back to being good decent chimps again and stop this malarky about "civilisation".
Old Sep 11th 2003, 2:14 am
Leo
Brisbane in early 2004

Leo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this real?

Do not know what to think about it.

First pass got 122
Second pass got 77

Both times, I did not read any question, just clicked on the answers randomly.

Go figure. We are all suckers for numbers.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 3:38 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default **WARNING**WARNING**

Luckily for you old son (and for me in the past), you are in one of the few jobs that Oz values, and so you will have a chance of realising your plan. Not so for a lot on here, though, I feel. They had better mean it when they say "I don't mind what I do." I find that that is OK for a couple of years, but after that? Death by boredom and feeling like you are wasting yourself.

I am not only what I write here, and I am sure the same is true for you. Good job too with the pony you come out with half the time. Not like the pearls of wisdom that come from my bashing away on this keyboard - priceless stuff, all of it. I have had my good days here and so will you. Sorry to hear about you and your boy's scrape, by the way. I stick to the hanky and deckchair approach these days, and if you have ever tried surfing on a deckchair you will know just how brave I am.

All the best and keep the sense of humour, you will need it.

Wilf
Be careful here Wilfo, we are bordering on being nice to each other....I don't know how much longer I can hold out.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

So you are saying a human is 100 and a chimp is 98.

I got 99.

I have got a hairy arse and a liking for having my picture taken near the beach, so maybe you have a point.

Still one point closer to human than you old son. Have a banana on me.
Apparently (why do I keep saying that word?) we share about 97% of the same DNA as a banana...
Don't eat them... it's cannabalism!!!