bbc iq test

Old Sep 8th 2003, 5:06 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

LOL cheers Don, you old charmer, you
Old Sep 8th 2003, 7:43 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Herman
I got a quiz quotient of 141. When I last did an IQ test I scored 145. Is quiz quotient supposed to be IQ?
I got 141 aswell. I don't think its a genuine IQ test though, because if it is, i've dropped 18 points since uni.....

I've never seen an IQ test either where you are tested for memory, or are timed for each question.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 9:53 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by PeteY
I got 141 aswell. I don't think its a genuine IQ test though, because if it is, i've dropped 18 points since uni.....

I've never seen an IQ test either where you are tested for memory, or are timed for each question.
This is starting to make me giggle. We seem to be getting smarter and smarter here (and all by self-assessment I note). So you're up to an intelligence quotient of 159 now Pete.

Only another 16 to go and you are up there with Bill Gates me lad. Give the test another go tommorow, you never know.....
Old Sep 9th 2003, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

I got an IQ of 99, which is very close to the average score. That is what makes my posts so damned wonderfully useful - I am giving the opinion of the perfectly average man here.

Who wants to know the opinions of people who can join Mensa? I certainly would not ask them to tell me what clothes to buy (I do not like flares and leather arm patches) and none of them have even groped someone's bum let alone popped their corks. Jesus, life is painfully dull enough here for "The Perfectly Average Man" like me; what is it like for someone who can see what colour a pink triangle turns into when you rotate it? (Not something that has come up much in my working life but there you go - I am out of touch with what is in demand in the workforce nowadays. There is much money in this shapes and colours rotating triangle oblong game?)

All the best,
Wilf - one size fits all.

PS I got a 2002 year quiz score of 27%. Is that good for a 60 year old with enough brain damage to want to live here?
Old Sep 9th 2003, 3:48 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Wilf
I got an IQ of 99, which is very close to the average score. That is what makes my posts so damned wonderfully useful - I am giving the opinion of the perfectly average man here.

Who wants to know the opinions of people who can join Mensa? I certainly would not ask them to tell me what clothes to buy (I do not like flares and leather arm patches) and none of them have even groped someone's bum let alone popped their corks. Jesus, life is painfully dull enough here for "The Perfectly Average Man" like me; what is it like for someone who can see what colour a pink triangle turns into when you rotate it? (Not something that has come up much in my working life but there you go - I am out of touch with what is in demand in the workforce nowadays. There is much money in this shapes and colours rotating triangle oblong game?)

All the best,
Wilf - one size fits all.

PS I got a 2002 year quiz score of 27%. Is that good for a 60 year old with enough brain damage to want to live here?
Bravo Wilfo, bravo. This post made me laugh. Good to see you are getting back to your old self...so much better than all the twaddle you've posted these last few weeks.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY

I agree - its a memory test, not IQ.
Also, memory tests only test recall and there are other types of intelligence which just cannot be tested and are often undervalued by our society - e.g. emotional, kinaesthetic (sport ect), artistic and so on. How often to you meet a kid with great "A" levels, but they're totally c*ap at relating to other people? Or what about people who have attained great success in their education and career, but they have nothing else and are miserable? Personally, I think wit has it's own type of intelligence - you need a brain to be funny. (There could also be a connection here regarding aussies.... no brains... no humour??)

Larissa
Old Sep 9th 2003, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by chippy
Bravo Wilfo, bravo. This post made me laugh. Good to see you are getting back to your old self...so much better than all the twaddle you've posted these last few weeks.

The most mixed compliment I have ever had, but just what I would expect from a mixed up lad like you chippy.

If you think it is twaddle, that is just what happens when you have been in this dumbed down desert for years. When I came here, I was a university professor with a doctorate in dovetails and a Bachelor of Shuttering, now I have to hang around with your good self for like-minded company.

Wilf
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:41 am
I'm lovin' it

The most mixed compliment I have ever had, but just what I would expect from a mixed up lad like you chippy.

If you think it is twaddle, that is just what happens when you have been in this dumbed down desert for years. When I came here, I was a university professor with a doctorate in dovetails and a Bachelor of Shuttering, now I have to hang around with your good self for like-minded company.

Wilf
I will strive to emulate you Wilfo. To flourish in the big sand pit, to aspire to the satisfaction of looking back on life in years to come and say to myself, "You done good Chippy, you made the right choices."
Old Sep 10th 2003, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by chippy
I will strive to emulate you Wilfo. To flourish in the big sand pit, to aspire to the satisfaction of looking back on life in years to come and say to myself, "You done good Chippy, you made the right choices."

Luckily for you old son (and for me in the past), you are in one of the few jobs that Oz values, and so you will have a chance of realising your plan. Not so for a lot on here, though, I feel. They had better mean it when they say "I don't mind what I do." I find that that is OK for a couple of years, but after that? Death by boredom and feeling like you are wasting yourself.

I am not only what I write here, and I am sure the same is true for you. Good job too with the pony you come out with half the time. Not like the pearls of wisdom that come from my bashing away on this keyboard - priceless stuff, all of it. I have had my good days here and so will you. Sorry to hear about you and your boy's scrape, by the way. I stick to the hanky and deckchair approach these days, and if you have ever tried surfing on a deckchair you will know just how brave I am.

All the best and keep the sense of humour, you will need it.

Wilf
Old Sep 10th 2003, 10:52 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Well, in the spirit of finding out what mere mortals do in a day, I took the test - just clicked on buttons randomly and got 98 - no peanuts but.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Megalania
Well, in the spirit of finding out what mere mortals do in a day, I took the test - just clicked on buttons randomly and got 98 - no peanuts but.

There you are then. By dint of hard work, concentration, and wracking of my brains, I did 1 point better than you and your approach. Makes it all worthwhile. That 1 point is where I do all my dreaming, my inventing, and my planning for a better world. That 1 point is the difference between man and peanut eater. That 1 point is civilisation itself mate. That 1 point is what you get when you deduct an Ozzie from a Pom.

How goes the McDonald's franchise? Busy?
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:05 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I followed Megalania's example and scored 70. Not sure what a random approach should produce but given 100 is average for population, it must be a lot lower than that.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by jayr
I followed Megalania's example and scored 70. Not sure what a random approach should produce but given 100 is average for population, it must be a lot lower than that.

While he's not here and listening (there is no need to upset him is there) I think the poor old sod did his best and came up one point short of me and so the "random" claim is to cover his arse. I was just saying this morning that Ozzies are not good losers and now he has come across a giant intellect like my own, with its one point advantage, he cannot face it. Anyway, like I say, no need to upset him eh? I think he is coming back, so I will say no more...
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:11 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

There you are then. By dint of hard work, concentration, and wracking of my brains, I did 1 point better than you and your approach. Makes it all worthwhile. That 1 point is where I do all my dreaming, my inventing, and my planning for a better world. That 1 point is the difference between man and peanut eater. That 1 point is civilisation itself mate. That 1 point is what you get when you deduct an Ozzie from a Pom.

How goes the McDonald's franchise? Busy?
Official: HumanKind is an OxyMoron

Difference Between Humans And Apes Linked To A Missing Oxygen Atom

The differences between humans and apes are physically and functionally apparent, but genetically humans are extraordinarily similar to apes, especially to the chimpanzee and the bonobo (pygmy chimpanzee).

What It Means to be 98% Chimpanzee: Apes, People, and Their Genes
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Megalania
Official: HumanKind is an OxyMoron

Difference Between Humans And Apes Linked To A Missing Oxygen Atom

The differences between humans and apes are physically and functionally apparent, but genetically humans are extraordinarily similar to apes, especially to the chimpanzee and the bonobo (pygmy chimpanzee).

What It Means to be 98% Chimpanzee: Apes, People, and Their Genes

So you are saying a human is 100 and a chimp is 98.

I got 99.

I have got a hairy arse and a liking for having my picture taken near the beach, so maybe you have a point.

Still one point closer to human than you old son. Have a banana on me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.