BBC iplayer

Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:49 am
Just Joined

blackrabbitz will become famous soon enough
Default BBC iplayer

does anyone know how to watch bbc iplayer in Australia? I keep getting 'service not available'..
Old Sep 5th 2011, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

daveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nice
Default Re: BBC iplayer

Aaah, a popular question.
Apparently it's to do with the IP address.
google 'expat shield' and install that software and it makes the iplayer think you're in the UK, so lets you watch.
Well it would apart from my mobile broadband is rubbish, so can't stream anything
Old Sep 5th 2011, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

blackrabbitz will become famous soon enough

I found a good one! uktvaccess.com ,doesn't have a buffering problem ant the technical support people are really helpful..
Old Sep 5th 2011, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

MartyK will become famous soon enough

I noticed they charge for that to have a UK IP address.

There are plenty of free proxy servers on the net which are uk based you can just adjust your browser settings in the iphone/ipod to run on the proxy ip and port.

cheers.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blackrabbitz
does anyone know how to watch bbc iplayer in Australia? I keep getting 'service not available'..
I use expat surfer VPN, small charge but service was mostly excellent, need a fairly high spec computer though to handle the streaming, my laptop was a bit slow but my mates Mac was excellent, just like watching real telly
Old Sep 6th 2011, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Trixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to all

as others have said you need a UK proxy server that makes iPlayer think you are in the UK. Can't remember who ours is with but we pay about £8 a month and use it with BBC, ITV, Sky (if you have someone who has a sky account in the UK and you can use their logon details) and Channel 5. Channel 4 doesn't like it though.

We've been using it throughout Europe for the past 4 years and haven't had any problems and don't anticipate any when we make the move downunder.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried these players (UK and US) through a VPN, and frankly can't see the point. The better option is to download the torrent files via UKNova, BTJunkie etc and watch them on your TV using a $99 Western Digital media player. Quality is always superb and there are no dropout, buffering issues.

Everything is available to download.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Trixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to allTrixietoes is a name known to all

I agree, we do both as I find some tat I watch isn't available on download The majority of our TV is downloaded and watched in our own time.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've tried these players (UK and US) through a VPN, and frankly can't see the point. The better option is to download the torrent files via UKNova, BTJunkie etc and watch them on your TV using a $99 Western Digital media player. Quality is always superb and there are no dropout, buffering issues.

Everything is available to download.
Agree re IPlayer content... although it would be neat to be able to access Live UK and US TV.

Pssst... My2P2 has temporarily gone anyone got a viable alternative ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 6th 2011 at 8:28 am.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

yes it is... OH watches the Rugby live on Sky/BBC whatever it is on
Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Agree re IPlayer content... although it would be neat to be able to access Live UK and US TV.
I'm not so sure. Watching only downloads means that you get to filter out all of dross, ads etc that are shown on TV - and there is plenty of it broadcast in the UK and US.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 11:21 am
Just Joined

andytfs is an unknown quantity at this point

There are now set top boxes available which allows you to view all the BBC and ITV channels (no computer needed) live! also has a five day catch up service. there is a yearly fee but we could not live with out it.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 11:24 am
Just Joined

andytfs is an unknown quantity at this point

There are now set top boxes available which allows you to view all the BBC and ITV channels (no computer needed) live! also has a five day catch up service. there is a yearly fee but we could not live with out it.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andytfs
Are you talking about the Boxee box ?
Old Sep 20th 2011, 2:12 pm
Banned

telycom is an unknown quantity at this point

there is a global tv service that I think can be got here that gives iplayer as well as other catch up stuff plus most of the brit channels... don't think I'm allowed to give the web site stuff on here so it might be worth googling eltel.tv to get more info... might work - might not!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.