Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Average Australian wage is $48,276

Average Australian wage is $48,276

Old May 23rd 2003, 1:24 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Nix
Didn't say it was a low income! That's actually after my other half does 12hr days (Mon - Thurs) 6hrs on a Friday & Sunday.

Still, even on his average wage of less than $600 a week, we live pretty well.
Nice joke it bought tears to my eyes anyway ?

Old May 23rd 2003, 1:30 am
Nix
Just Joined

Nix is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't realise I was such a comedian
Old May 23rd 2003, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Nix
Didn't say it was a low income! That's actually after my other half does 12hr days (Mon - Thurs) 6hrs on a Friday & Sunday.

Still, even on his average wage of less than $600 a week, we live pretty well.
I apologise, you hadn't made many posts and so I took you for one of the many detractors on this site, who claim it's impossibe to earn a living wage down here.

Seems you are an example of people down here living and enjoying the lifestyle.
Old May 23rd 2003, 2:21 am
Nix
Just Joined

I certainly am! Wouldn't live anywhere else.... well, not till the other half decides to go back to NZ

I'm also one of those annoying people that believe if you've made ya bed, you should lie in it. If you go to live somewhere and constantly complain, maybe you should go back to where you think life is better

Average house price in our area (Hawksbury) is probably around the $400K mark. Although our landlord might sell us the house we're in now for around $235K - a good price for a 3 bed around here.
Old May 23rd 2003, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Nix
I certainly am! Wouldn't live anywhere else.... well, not till the other half decides to go back to NZ

I'm also one of those annoying people that believe if you've made ya bed, you should lie in it. If you go to live somewhere and constantly complain, maybe you should go back to where you think life is better

Average house price in our area (Hawksbury) is probably around the $400K mark. Although our landlord might sell us the house we're in now for around $235K - a good price for a 3 bed around here.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Hawkesbury region is an outer suburb of Sydney to the west towards the Blue Mountains, within commuting distance of the CBD.
And their is reasonablely priced houseing their, that you don't need to be a millionaire to buy.

Thank You.
Old May 23rd 2003, 6:18 am
Nix
Just Joined

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Hawkesbury region is an outer suburb of Sydney to the west towards the Blue Mountains, within commuting distance of the CBD.
And their is reasonablely priced houseing their, that you don't need to be a millionaire to buy.

Thank You.
You're right and, like anywhere, there are reasonably priced houses to be found. Unfortunately for us, we want to live in North Richmond/Kurrajong where the prices are going up

Found a real estate website: http://www.realestate.com.au/

I like to go to the search page, put in $1 million and see how the other half live
Old May 23rd 2003, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jayr
Couldn't believe this until I looked it up on Australian Red Cross, I used to donate in UK and thought I'd get around to it here too, the cheeky b******s!
Same here - I was quite miffed really!!!