Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia's terror alert level raised to high

Australia's terror alert level raised to high

Old Sep 27th 2014, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia's terror alert level raised to high

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Thank you. But if you are a muslim youth from Sydney's West or Melbourne's SE the utter disenchantment with suburban life - immersed in it, but yet not part of it, can be a potent cocktail.

As for men picking up arms and fighting for causes - young men from moderate Western backgrounds have been joining professional Western Armies and going off to warzones in reasonable numbers since WW2 - many of whom are not particularly religious.
I've been wondering about this, what happens if some Catalans go back to cause problems in Basque country, or Argentinians go back to join their armed forces to face the British... Or even some radicalised Scots upset with the referendum decide to go back to join a Caber force.

It's little wonder when you look at it from certain groups point of view that they hate the West so much.

It would be really interesting to see the Aus governments reaction if there are problems in the North of Spain and Spain requests certain people cannot travel out of countries.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I've been wondering about this, what happens if some Catalans go back to cause problems in Basque country, or Argentinians go back to join their armed forces to face the British... Or even some radicalised Scots upset with the referendum decide to go back to join a Caber force.

It's little wonder when you look at it from certain groups point of view that they hate the West so much.

It would be really interesting to see the Aus governments reaction if there are problems in the North of Spain and Spain requests certain people cannot travel out of countries.
The cases you mention are today, about nationalism, and land grabbing. The difference with Islamic radicals is that its all about religion and their motto is "kill the non believers" - that's all non muslims .......... If you can't reason with it, wipe it out.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
The cases you mention are today, about nationalism, and land grabbing. The difference with Islamic radicals is that its all about religion and their motto is "kill the non believers" - that's all non muslims .......... If you can't reason with it, wipe it out.
I once asked myself - could I take up arms or be enticed to carry out a bit of ethnic cleansing against a Irishman, a Welshman or a Scot?

The answer is no*, I couldn't.

And the ISL are killing more non-believing Muslims than non-Muslims.

*Unless they were annoying ugly ****s with a stupid look on their dials...then I might have to reconsider.