Old Nov 21st 2004, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

gazza22222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Idol

Nope!

Casey was a sure fire winner

Good on ya mate

Gazza

PS - Hopefully see you in a couple of weeks down near your house, speak to Louisa - she is going to organise it?

Last edited by gazza22222; Nov 21st 2004 at 12:57 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Ok some people may find Aus Idol boring but I loved it...nothing to do with Anthonys appearance or the way he sang The Prayer...he can sing Italian!!! Of course that wasn't relevant!!! Nor was his overall appearance! Having said that Casey has a beautiful voice so good luck to her. Await the singles of both of them with interest and if that makes me said well I don't care!!!
For those females of you in the UK - Anthony is rather nice (but very short!!!)
Susan
p.s. Why does Aus Idol always over run its scheduled time? This week was about 45 minutes...most weeks its 15 mins!!!!! (This is not a serious moan by the way merely an observation!)
Old Nov 21st 2004, 1:56 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

what a coincidence the UK winner was very similar, Anthony should have won, at least he didn't look like he was sucking lemons all the time....
Steve
Old Nov 21st 2004, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jensteve
what a coincidence the UK winner was very similar, Anthony should have won, at least he didn't look like he was sucking lemons all the time....
Steve
Can I just say that an 'Idol' means something you worship. Also the programme is aimed at teens and twenty somethings.

Does the winner fit the title 'Australian Idol'?

Maybe this link thread explains

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...d.php?t=267747

So thats who our 'Idols' are now

Cheers,
JTL
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

gazza22222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where abouts in the Wirral did you live Steve, we lived in the Gayton area not to far from the Glegg Arms.

We arrived in May 04, you?

Gary
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I voted for Casey and am chuffed that she won particularly after the reports in the press that it took 30 minutes to compose Anthony before he would attend the press conference and he didn't go to the after party -
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:19 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debsy
Anyone else surprised that Anthony did not win?
Does that mean its all over? Yeeeee haaaaa. Heard the winners song on the radio today. Why why why. She made Celine Dion sound good.:scared:
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Can I just say that an 'Idol' means something you worship. Also the programme is aimed at teens and twenty somethings.

Does the winner fit the title 'Australian Idol'?

Maybe this link thread explains

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...d.php?t=267747

So thats who our 'Idols' are now

Cheers,
JTL
You should be a journalist mate, stripping a word out of its relevant context. Obviously its regarding musical talent

That said, I watched 60 minutes, CSI and Cold Case with the g/fs dad while th the girls all watched Idol. It was funny watching a 23 and 34 yr old fight when one went to see who won on the PC (Brissy being behind) and the other wanting to wait! The g/fs dad said it was like deja vu 15yrs ago!

Anyway, I am pleased I didnt sit through it. Its more so because they fill a 30 minute show into 1hr 30 minutes and I find it incredibly frustrating with the stocking fill gaff inbetween.

I also think Casey won not because people really liked her, they just didnt want the guy to win! All the girls I knew just thought he was extremely cheesy and loved himself. Though the girls I know are over 20.

Anyway, for someone who doent give a damn, i sure talk alot!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 10:16 pm
Perthite

holte end is an unknown quantity at this point

Go Ricki-Lee........

She was robbed!!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 11:04 pm
rudo1ph

Last year I thought both Guy and Shannon were fab (wanted Guy to win though!). This year I was very uninspired by the two finalists. Anthony was just so boring and always looked so serious when he was singing - he didn't "enjoy" it. Casey had a great voice, but she was not always rock solid on her pitching and I think she needed a few more years to mature before she had all this.

I was rooting for Courtney and Rikki Lee!

Rudi

PS I watch Survivour, The Apprentice and The Race as well

Old Nov 21st 2004, 11:23 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rudo1ph
I was rooting for Courtney and Rikki Lee!
Phnaaar Phnaaar.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 12:39 am
rudo1ph

Originally Posted by bondipom
Phnaaar Phnaaar.