Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia Post And Australian Passport Service

Australia Post And Australian Passport Service

Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:12 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Australia Post And Australian Passport Service

Originally Posted by harrip
I cant fault the Oz system. I applied on Tuesday at the post office and received the passport in the post today (Friday). This was the priority service as I have to travel soon. Well done passport office and Oz Post.
Yes but this is not the case with everybody because Australia Post service is different from suburb to suburb.We must figure out problems in the system and advise ways to improve the system such as introduction of an online appointment system from Australia Post.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:24 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Australia Post And Australian Passport Service

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Yes but this is not the case with everybody because Australia Post service is different from suburb to suburb.We must figure out problems in the system and advise ways to improve the system such as introduction of an online appointment system from Australia Post.
I'd go so far as to say it not only goes from suburb to suburb but from each member of Australia post staff. Some can be most helpful whilst others are less so. I dont think this is confined to Australia post.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:34 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

We had no problems whatsoever with our Australian Passports or renewing our British passports here either. It was a doddle to be honest. The only problem we had was with our sons photo's. Aus' Post said they were taken to far away and then too close so had to get a third lot done. I think it's nice to hand the forms in personally, at least with something as important as your passport.

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Feb 1st 2008 at 5:47 am.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:48 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Sounds like a waste of money. Doubtful whether it would work. In the current system you get put through to the local post office (or you choose a local post office) and the post mistress knows when she can do the interview. With the online system they would have to update it constantly with the times when they are free just for a few folks who can't use a telephone.

Complete waste of time and money. I know I said it before but it's so obvious it's worth saying twice.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

I applied for a passport for my daughter recently. I carefully put everything together but it was rejected only because my husband failed to put a "0" in front of the single digit date for his permission signature i.e. he put something like 7/11/07 instead of 07/11/07. I got given another form and told to go away and do it all again including the witness signatures. I thought this is ridiculous, I'm not doing this and just called another post office an appointment and just added the missing "0" myself on the original form.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I had my current passport (10 years old, just crinkled) and wanted to get a new one before I move overseas to work. One Aus Post outlet wouldn't take my old passport as ID because it was "damaged" and said I'd have to send it in the passport office and fill out initial passport application (rather than renewal), as well as stat dec about how my passport got damaged, and pay new passport fee. She'd already written on my renewal form.

I told her she was mad, went home and reprinted the renewal form, went to the aus post in the next suburb and handed it in no probs. Got passport 3 days later.

Smurtaza, you seem to not realise that bureaucracies anywhere are painful and time consuming. Does it make you feel better to come here and whine about it?