Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia Post And Australian Passport Service

Australia Post And Australian Passport Service

Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:21 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Australia Post And Australian Passport Service

Hi All,

The passport service provided by Australia Post is extremely pathetic and the customer feels like that he is treated like a courtesy customer.

In order to submit a passport application the person must take an appoinment with post office.In order to take an appointment the person must attend the post office only physically.There is no other way this appointment can be taken.In case if the application have some photostats missing then the person need to take another appointment and then again come to the post office.

Obviously the person must suffer long queues at their outlet everytime.

It seems like accepting a passport application for Australia Post is a rocket science for which a person must visit them several times.

Cheers
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia Post And Australian Passport Service

Oh. Ok.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:55 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

methinks someone is not happy!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
methinks someone is not happy!
Sorry, was I that obvious, must put happy face on
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:42 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorry, was I that obvious, must put happy face on
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:42 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Hi All,

The passport service provided by Australia Post is extremely pathetic and the customer feels like that he is treated like a courtesy customer.

In order to submit a passport application the person must take an appoinment with post office.In order to take an appointment the person must attend the post office only physically.There is no other way this appointment can be taken.In case if the application have some photostats missing then the person need to take another appointment and then again come to the post office.

It seems like accepting a passport application for Australia Post is a rocket science for which a person must visit them several times.

Cheers
Or instead you could just follow the clear instructions on how to complete the form and take the correct documents in the first place.

Now that isn't rocket science.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:18 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Centurion
Or instead you could just follow the clear instructions on how to complete the form and take the correct documents in the first place.

Now that isn't rocket science.
Probably we must consider taking appointments to pay bills and post letter as well, because they are already busy in rocket science.Bills are also not correct everytime.Why dont they make online appointment system?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:13 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

I actually went through this process yesterday and found it quite painless. I took my application to Terrigal Post Office and did not realise a booking was necessary. The lady behind the counter asked me to wait a few minutes whilst she cleared the queue she then went through my application taking probably no more than five minutes from start to finish.

From memory the UK process involves everything happening by post. At least having someone check your application through should ensure the passport office has everything they need first time round preventing error and even longer delays? That said, I'll reserve final judgement until my passport is received hopefully at the end of the week or start of next as I went for the priority service.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I phoned Australia Post and they put me through to my local post office to make a passport appointment for my 4 week old daughter. Took 2 mins to book. When we turned up with all docs as required on the form, the assistant took copies, took my money, we were out in 5 mins. 10 days later the passport appeared.

Hubby could not attend between 9-5 Mon-Fri. He was told to go to Aus Post at Highpoint Shopping Centre on a Sat and wait his turn. Took about 15 mins.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Smurtaza - is there anything good about Australia? Beats me why you choose to live there if you think it is so awful....
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:46 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Cheers
At least you can apply for your passport at the post office here. In Canada when we wanted to apply for ours we had to go to the passport office in a city 45 minutes from home. The wait was well over 3 hours to get to hand in our paperwork. It took another 2 months for my son's passport to be mailed to us because the Hamilton office lost some of his information before they sent it to Ottawa.

My advice to you Smurtaza is to quit your bitching about every little thing and either learn to like some aspect of living in Australia or flock off back to wherever it is you came from.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:27 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
At least you can apply for your passport at the post office here. In Canada when we wanted to apply for ours we had to go to the passport office in a city 45 minutes from home. The wait was well over 3 hours to get to hand in our paperwork. It took another 2 months for my son's passport to be mailed to us because the Hamilton office lost some of his information before they sent it to Ottawa.

My advice to you Smurtaza is to quit your bitching about every little thing and either learn to like some aspect of living in Australia or flock off back to wherever it is you came from.
I remember how painful it was getting Laurens at the Halifax passport office. Not an experience I want to repeat thats for sure.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:32 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Cheers
Mine was fine, no problems. Didn't have to queue as I had an appointment, took all the docs I needed and they did all the extra photocopying.

Was complimented on the standard of my form filling. I was a little embarrassed as it was not that difficult. The staff were courteous and so was I.

Easy as something that's easy

Maybe it's something you did or said
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
I phoned Australia Post and they put me through to my local post office to make a passport appointment for my 4 week old daughter. Took 2 mins to book. When we turned up with all docs as required on the form, the assistant took copies, took my money, we were out in 5 mins. 10 days later the passport appeared.

Hubby could not attend between 9-5 Mon-Fri. He was told to go to Aus Post at Highpoint Shopping Centre on a Sat and wait his turn. Took about 15 mins.
Exactly - has also been our experience. This little interview is just them seemingly checking your app on the day - perhaps it saves time in bungled applications as they can be processed faster - it's certainly not an interview without coffee.

The website allows you to progress your application, saving it away for printing at a later date.

By contrast, as per a post of mine the other day, the British experience was not better.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:48 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

I cant fault the Oz system. I applied on Tuesday at the post office and received the passport in the post today (Friday). This was the priority service as I have to travel soon. Well done passport office and Oz Post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.