Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia desire

Australia desire

Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:55 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia desire

Environmentally friendly.
Attached Thumbnails Australia desire-savepaper.jpg  
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:21 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

In Amsterdam, a world wide convention of brewers was held.

The presidents of many of the world's greatest breweries were on
hand, and many of them decided to go out for dinner together on
the first evening.

The waiter asked what they would like to drink, and the CEO of
Miller said, "The Best Beer in the world, an MGD please!"

The president of Budweiser asked for "The King of Beers, make it a
Bud!".

Adolph Coors requested a "From mountain spring water, the clearest
beer, a Coors if you don't mind."

And so it went around the large table, each president asking for
the brew from his own company as if it was the best.

Finally, the waiter came to Arthur Guinness.

"And you sir?" he queried.

"I'll have a Coke!" was Guinness's reply.

"A Coke??!?" The waiter was shocked.

"Wouldn't you rather have a Guinness, sir?"

Arthur looked at the waiter, and gestured to his companions.
"Well," he said, "If they're not drinking beer, then neither will I!"
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:46 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

An Australian travel writer, touring Canada, was checking out of the Spokane Hilton. As he paid his bill, he asked the manager, "By the way, what's with the Indian chief sitting in the lobby? He's been there ever since I arrived."

"Oh that's 'Big Chief Forget-me Not'," said the manager. "The hotel is built on an Indian reservation and part of the agreement is to allow the chief free use of the premises for the rest of his life. He's known as 'Big Chief Forget-me Not' because of his phenomenal memory. He is 92 and can remember even the slightest detail of his life."

The travel writer took this in and as he was waiting for his cab decided to put the chief's memory to the test. "'ello, mate!" said the Aussie, receiving only a slight nod in return. "What did you have for breakfast on your 21st birthday?"

"Eggs," was the chief's instant reply, without even looking up and indeed the Aussie was impressed. He went off on his travel writing itinerary, right across to the east coast and back, telling others of Big Chief Forget-me Not's great memory.

On his return to the Spokane Hilton six months later, he was surprised to see 'Big Chief Forget-me Not' still sitting in the lobby, fully occupied with whittling away on a stick. Remembering that one local had informed him that 'How' was a more appropriate greeting for an Indian chief rather than ''ello mate", the Aussie greets him with, "How?"

"Scrambled," replied the Chief.