Asylum seekers

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 11:02 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asylum

Originally posted by gsb
For some of the comments that are flying around, I can only comment that:

We can all hear, but not all of us can LISTEN!

Comparisons to the issues we are raising are poles apart. How can you compare an illegal immigrant, to someone who makes an application to a country under a skilled migration category, under the SKILLS IN DEMAND LIST (as publised by either the government or the state government). You are not going to tell me they are the same issues are you...........I guess you are?

Well, you appeared to:

"What is more, and I think that people have missed the real point here, is that the counrty simply CANNOT AFFORD to support the continued influx of immigrants, illegal or not . And I mean this from the point of view of Housing, Hospitals, Education, Welfare State........even jobs!"

..and hence the hypocrisy if you are trying to enter Australia, illegal or not.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 11:09 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Asylum

Err......I dont think so!

What I was saying was......this country cannot sustain the influx of migrants. Illegal or not.

Which is totally different from someone making an application under a cetgory to which the OZ or NZ government state is required to be filled as there is a shortage of these skills.

That is not hypocracy at all. It is fulfilling a need.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Asylum seekers

Originally posted by Slater

The British are a strong and determined people, history has taught us that, they will sort it out when the brown stuff hits the fan.

Slater
What, like you are? Fortunately, you are not typical of British people, otherwise it would already have been taken over. You are running away from these people you think are taking over your country, so if people left behind in the UK do sort out problems in the UK, it is no thanks to gutless wonders like you.

It is better that you leave, you'll just get in the way of people trying to make the UK an even greater place than it is already, asylum seekers and immigrants included.
Old Jul 24th 2003, 12:07 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asylum seekers

Also you have to remember that there are hundreds of thousands of people like me, who are leaving this country every year, having worked hard here to get ahead, they are taking all their life's hard earned to spend in other countries. Australia is my choice, a country that I believe still has values and will when the time comes put it's own people first.

Slater [/QUOTE]

Hope you enjoy keeping the real Aussies Mr Abo will drain your pocket and ask for more , explains high taxes here?
The Aussies will wave to you on their way to the UK one refugee out one in.

Old Jul 24th 2003, 2:23 am
Just Joined

dogged is an unknown quantity at this point

Australia is my choice, a country that I believe still has values and will when the time comes put it's own people first.
Slater

You're in for a bit of a shock then mate!

maybe you hopefuls should grease mr ruddocks palm a bit to get hte visa application speeded up

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...700391819.html

in all seriousness, 'asylum shoppers' - the colloquial term used describe asylum seekers that have passed through safe countries in order to come here for economic reasons(i dont blame them, i would do the same) - is a problem here but in very, very small compared to what europe/uk faces..

i found the bbc doco 'Fortress Europe' a real eye opener - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2042779.stm

the australian solution of locking them up in what is basically concentration camps works but at what cost? keep people locked up for years on pacific islands is so so disgusting.. they have so many mental problems..

the 'pacific solution'
(final solution??) has cost
Cabinet documents say the Government has spent $285 million on the so-called "solution" to dump asylum seekers on Pacific nations and is planning to budget $200 million a year for five years for it to continue, sources have said.
- http://old.smh.com.au/news/0201/24/n...ational15.html

the most expensive vote buying exercise in history i reckon even beats bush's election campaign!!

makes ASTIC's budget look like loose change hey pb ??

Last edited by dogged; Jul 24th 2003 at 2:26 am.
Old Jul 24th 2003, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by dogged
i found the bbc doco 'Fortress Europe' a real eye opener - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2042779.stm

the australian solution of locking them up in what is basically concentration camps works but at what cost? keep people locked up for years on pacific islands is so so disgusting.. they have so many mental problems..
I agree it's a pretty harsh soluton but it's worked. In the last 2 years we have had only one boatload of refugees (about 1 month ago) and most of the camps are now closed because their are no refugees left to fill them.

The deterrent effect worked because the refugees heard about these camps and decided to try somewhere else. The refugees still in these camps have the option at gov expense of going back to their own countries whenever they want. It's the refugees that have decided to stay, so don't blame anyone but themselves.

How many lives has this saved by people not drowning in leaky boats trying to get here.
Old Jul 24th 2003, 3:08 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
I agree it's a pretty harsh soluton but it's worked. In the last 2 years we have had only one boatload of refugees (about 1 month ago) and most of the camps are now closed because their are no refugees left to fill them.

The deterrent effect worked because the refugees heard about these camps and decided to try somewhere else. The refugees still in these camps have the option at gov expense of going back to their own countries whenever they want. It's the refugees that have decided to stay, so don't blame anyone but themselves.

How many lives has this saved by people not drowning in leaky boats trying to get here.
You talk bollock's not your fault the press here are gagged.

Australia: Journalists prevented from reporting about refugee camps

http://www.hrea.org/lists/hr-headlin...p/150302-3.php

http://www.hrw.org/press/2002/12/australia1210.htm

"These people are not 'queue jumpers' -many are refugees in need of protection who have been failed by the system at every stage. They should not be treated differently from the refugees Australia invites to resettle from refugee camps overseas."

Old Jul 24th 2003, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard

"These people are not 'queue jumpers' -many are refugees in need of protection who have been failed by the system at every stage. They should not be treated differently from the refugees Australia invites to resettle from refugee camps overseas."

Oh and how many countries did these REFUGEES pass through before getting here, I don't see many refugees from Indonesia do you.

Just like in UK most refugees have to pass through most of W Europe before they suddenly decide they are refugees in Blighty, I wonder why.
Old Jul 24th 2003, 3:19 am
Banned

Oh and how many countries did these REFUGEES pass through before getting here, I don't see many refugees from Indonesia do you.

Just like in UK most refugees have to pass through most of W Europe before they suddenly decide they are refugees in Blighty, I wonder why.
I have worked with most races in Australia not so the UK , many have been excepted here as refugees even in the 1970s some Poles and other Eastern Europeans fleeing from the Eastern Block found their to Australia in big numbers.

Old Jul 24th 2003, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pommie bastard
I have worked with most races in Australia not so the UK , many have been excepted here as refugees even in the 1970s some Poles and other Eastern Europeans fleeing from the Eastern Block found their to Australia in big numbers.

I'm not talking about 30 years ago I'm talking about now.
Old Jul 24th 2003, 3:40 am
Banned

I'm not talking about 30 years ago I'm talking about now.
Australia still excepts refugees to this day the boat people are very small fish used to gave little Johnny the Red Necks vote.