Wikiposts

Asylum seekers

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 9:56 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigrants!!!

Originally posted by Slater
It isn't my intension to go to Oz to fleece the welfare system and send the money that I steal from hard working taxpayers to secure the passage of others to do exactly the same thing, who in turn secure the passage of others to do the same thing to secure the passage of others to do exactly the same thing to secure the passage of others to do the same thing to secure the passage of others to do the same.

Get real how much more can we take.

Slater
I don't plan to "fleece the welfare system either" but You and I will still be immigrants. If your reason to emigrate is to provide a better quality of life for you and yours then what's the difference between the thousands heading to the UK each year?
You can't lay the blame with the immigrants as you say many travel through up to 14 borders to get hear. When they arrive they have moneyand housing showered upon them wouldn't you then encourage the rest of your mates to join in the party?
Put yourself in their shoes for a moment and tell me you wouldn't do the same.
The fault lies within the welfare system and ultimately the government, until policy is changed then there will be hoards of economic migrants pouring into the UK each year. I don't blame the immigrants as their reasons for coming are the same as mine for going
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 10:06 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Immigrants!!!

Originally posted by cresta57
I don't plan to "fleece the welfare system either" but You and I will still be immigrants. If your reason to emigrate is to provide a better quality of life for you and yours then what's the difference between the thousands heading to the UK each year?
You can't lay the blame with the immigrants as you say many travel through up to 14 borders to get hear. When they arrive they have moneyand housing showered upon them wouldn't you then encourage the rest of your mates to join in the party?
Put yourself in their shoes for a moment and tell me you wouldn't do the same.
The fault lies within the welfare system and ultimately the government, until policy is changed then there will be hoards of economic migrants pouring into the UK each year. I don't blame the immigrants as their reasons for coming are the same as mine for going
immigrant (n) (plural immigrants)
1. somebody coming to settle in a country: somebody who has come to a country and settled there.

Of course we'll be immigrants, I don't think we have a problem with that. The difference is that we are doing it properly and that does differentiate us. The problem is with the 'illegal' immigrants and the 'bogus' assylum seekers and the Government that allows it to continue. We're not allowed to claim benefit for two years after we land in Oz. I wonder how many people would enter the UK if we had the same rule?

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/s...um_seekers.php

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/s...ey_council.php

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/s...neighbours.php

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 10:48 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how so many people choose to economically migrate half way around the world, ignoring all the other countries on the way, with the aim of getting a better life, having to work less, use the locally available resources, whether large houses, large land plots, the beach or whatever, in a country which has limited land available to support its current 20M population or infrastructure given the spread out population. How ironic.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 10:57 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asylum seekers

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Slater
Congratulations paulspell for speaking your mind, a lot of us here (call us rats if you like) are, with a heavy heart leaving the sinking ship we call Britain and home. It is because of our governments policy on asylum seekers that we are seeing our pound plummet against other major currencies, you can't keep printing money for these people to send home to their relitives, who use the money to make the journey themselves, to send money back to their relatives and on and on.
In 100 years or so, the white persecuted minority will look back in history and ask serious questions about WW2.

I don't like asylum seekers much either, but I don't think you can blame them for the value of sterling !. Exchange rates are decided by many different economic factors, & the pound has not plummeted, it's gone done a bit & could very easily go the other way.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 11:08 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

It is because of our governments policy on asylum seekers that we are seeing our pound plummet against other major currencies,

In 100 years or so, the white persecuted minority will look back in history and ask serious questions about WW2.

Slater

I think you may need to revisit your economics and history lessons, in fact go the whole hog and get an education.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Amazulu
Congratulations paulspell for speaking your mind, a lot of us here (call us rats if you like) are, with a heavy heart leaving the sinking ship we call Britain and home. It is because of our governments policy on asylum seekers that we are seeing our pound plummet against other major currencies, you can't keep printing money for these people to send home to their relitives, who use the money to make the journey themselves, to send money back to their relatives and on and on.

I don't like asylum seekers much either, but I don't think you can blame them for the value of sterling !. Exchange rates are decided by many different economic factors, & the pound has not plummeted, it's gone done a bit & could very easily go the other way.

Britain will be all the better for you leaving it, son, so get going as soon as possible, and do the Brits a favour and don't ever go back. There are few countries in the world that have a national demand for losers and I did not know that "prat class I" was on the Oz occupational shortage lists, but with your attitudes I just feel sorry for Oz. In some ways, ozzies are like everyone else, and who respects someone who knocks their own past?
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 12:32 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bussie
its a fact the area i live in in the south east of England is so bad there has been 4 stabings and one murder this week
thats worse than any part in london and all down to Asylum Seekers

carnt wait till i go to Perth it carnt be as bad as were im living now
Get your teeth in this .

A PERMANENT police unit targeting gangs will be created after senior police conceded yesterday that WA has a violent street gang problem which is becoming entrenched in lucrative organised crime.

The gang unit will be based at Curtin House alongside the Outlaw Motorcycle Gang Response Group, which carries out overt monitoring of WA's bikie gangs. It will respond to the bloody machete and knife fights between the Asian gangs M'Bros and Spider Boys, which have seen three gang members murdered in the past 18 months.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030723/n...sto106053.html

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 8:33 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

I don't like asylum seekers much either, but I don't think you can blame them for the value of sterling !. Exchange rates are decided by many different economic factors, & the pound has not plummeted, it's gone done a bit & could very easily go the other way. [/QUOTE]

Don't know exactly, but they are definately a large factor, despite giving them loads of money, you can see them in large numbers buying clothes and all manner of things at car boot sales here along the south coast, which begs the question, what are they doing with the rest? I know, shipping more relatives in!
Also you have to remember that there are hundreds of thousands of people like me, who are leaving this country every year, having worked hard here to get ahead, they are taking all their life's hard earned to spend in other countries. Australia is my choice, a country that I believe still has values and will when the time comes put it's own people first.

Slater
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

nagel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
Britain will be all the better for you leaving it, son, so get going as soon as possible, and do the Brits a favour and don't ever go back. There are few countries in the world that have a national demand for losers and I did not know that "prat class I" was on the Oz occupational shortage lists, but with your attitudes I just feel sorry for Oz. In some ways, ozzies are like everyone else, and who respects someone who knocks their own past?

I see so if their opinion differs from yours then they are prats..

Hmmm .. freedom of speech anyone?
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 9:05 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Wilf
I'm glad you think so, both my wife and I have worked hard all our lives, and fortunately have had our money tied up in the property market for the last 25 years, I'm selling whilst the market is high, taking all our money, and my 4, soon to be Tax paying children to Australia. If you really think Britain benefits from losing people like me, or Oz loses, you are sadly deluded.
I feel sorry for others that do not have the same choices as us.

Slater
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Well travelled is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad you think so, both my wife and I have worked hard all our lives, and fortunately have had our money tied up in the property market for the last 25 years, I'm selling whilst the market is high, taking all our money, and my 4, soon to be Tax paying children to Australia. If you really think Britain benefits from losing people like me, or Oz loses, you are sadly deluded.
I feel sorry for others that do not have the same choices as us.

Slater
Just want to add well done Slater for excellent reponses - you will be legal when you emigrate and putting something positive back into the country you are moving to and the one you've left behind - you have of course been paying your taxes here.

Unlike others who come and take with nothing in return, if its legal then ok but why the hell are people on here sticking up for illegals/asylum seekers etc, those who take and give nothing back. No one minds immigrants who work for a living and done via proper channels as those moving to OZ and NZ.

Think that some on here, if they lived near asylum seekers who are making life miserable for others, would hold their tongues.

Good to see people still prepared to stand up and say their bit for this country.

Looking forward to asylum seekers fan clubs comments!
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Wilf and Pommie Bastard are idiots and they see themselves as self appointed guardians of the “negative point of view�. They also post incessantly to all the threads in this forum, contributing nothing to the original post.

There is good advice here and a lot of people that are prepared to assist those contemplating or in the process of moving to Australia.

In order to filter out all the garbage, I would suggest you, and anyone else, bored by their incessant drivel add them to your “Ignore List�. Much easier than wasting time and giving credence to there verbal tripe by reading it.

I wound't waste with their post, and treat it the same way as you would any piece of junk e-mail.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 9:46 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

It may be very true that we all work very hard and pay our taxes etc etc - but I would ask all those criticising asylum seekers for 'taking the p' or coming here for 'economic reasons' (of course some of them are - so would you in the same position) to just take a step back and think of the bigger picture....

It is all very well to take this viewpoint when you have grown up in a rich western country with (comparatively) endless opportunities. But, the culture and experiences of these people is NOTHING like how you and I grew up. It is a completely different world in developing nations, where, if people work hard for all their lives to even consider getting to Britain (and then getting their families to Britain), they probably won't have earnt as much as you earn in a year. Even if you grew up on the poverty line in the West, that poverty line is a LOT more comfortable than in the developing world.

People have to understand that where the asylum seekers come from - you HAVE to do whatever you can to protect yourself and your family. It is no wonder they try and fiddle the social services - they do that because it is commonplace, accepted, and the only way to survive (literally) in the countries they come from!

I just think people just stop and think about asylum seekers for a minute. No doubt when you emigrate you will face problems - but they are nothing compared to what asylum seekers face with attitudes such as portrayed in this thread. OKay, so you don't want them in Britain? Send them home then? That's really solving the problem.....

Yes, you may feel your taxes shouldn't pay for these people - but WHY not? Surely you have a responsibilty as a rich nation to give others the opportunities you were born with??
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Just my own opinion but isn't it a little hypocritical to have a go at immigrants illegal or otherwise for wanting to better themselves? Surely that's what everyone on this bloody forum is doing

Well Said !! It's unbelievably hypocritical.

The irony is that many of the so-called illegal immigrants to the UK are degree qualified professionals who just can't get jobs in the UK.

The Bricklayer Perth Poms are just fortunate that Australia happens to have a shortage of tradesmen at the moment or they too would be "persona non grata" in Australia.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 10:31 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration

"The irony is that many of the so-called illegal immigrants to the UK are degree qualified professionals who just can't get jobs in the UK. "

Sunlover

Maybe I misunderstood what you said.........but then again maybe not.

Where do you get the idea that these illegal immigrants are degree qualified? I would love to see the report that supports your belief.

What is more, and I think that people have missed the real point here, is that the counrty simply CANNOT AFFORD to support the continued influx of immigrants, illegal or not. And I mean this from the point of view of Housing, Hospitals, Education, Welfare State........even jobs!

Whilst I recognise that economics or not, some will always have an issue with immigrants, you cannot escape the fact that this country is not in a position to sustain these people, without it having some effect.

What is more, there will also be issues surrounding integration. You dont seriously think that people are going to greet these individuals with open arms, do you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.