Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Arrived in Adelaide on Rekkie Trip and Loving it!!

Arrived in Adelaide on Rekkie Trip and Loving it!!

Old Aug 19th 2006, 3:52 pm
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all
Default Re: Arrived in Adelaide on Rekkie Trip and Loving it!!

Really pleased your enjoying yourself.
keep us posted on the rest of your trip

Paula
Old Aug 21st 2006, 1:05 pm
Made it to the Other Side

Toon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to all

Originally Posted by somedogsdo
Really pleased your enjoying yourself.
keep us posted on the rest of your trip

Paula

Well we tried to behave like we lived here for real today!!

Went shopping :scared: Yes my husband actually came shopping with us!!! And it didnt result in a full scale row about the amount of money I spent!!

We went to Tea Tree Gully shopping Mall and I couldnt get over how huge it was!! Was pleased to find Pumpkin Patch and proceeded to spend a fortune on kids clothes as they were all so nice and I think the excitement of finding nice kids clothes rather than the horror stories I had been hearing of how bad the kids clothes are out here!! Rubbish, they had gorgous stuff and even the cheaper stores if you had a good old rummage they had some really nice stuff at cheap prices!!!

A great selection of shops selling everything as in England!! Even getting to grips with the food shopping to, and I especially like the fact they pack it all for you!! And it just isnt as stressful as doing Tescos!!! Not in a million years!!

Sure everyone likes different things but we really love it here!! We love Golden Grove area and think this is where we will settle when we move out for good in February, we are off tomorrow to check out a private and a public primary school to see what they are like both been recommended to us, so fingers crossed they live up to our expectations!!

All I could do with is a little increase on the weather temperatures!! As although it is ok in the day it is bloody freezing at night!! Those shorts and t-shirts have stayed in the suitcase and today we were buying more jumpers!!

I no I no I no that it is winter but thought the sun would shine a little more for us!! But to be honest if this is winter then bring it on!! And I think if it peed down for the next 3 weeks nothing right now could dampen our spirits!!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are liking Adelaide, it's not half as bad as what some would have you believe is it.

I was at tea tree plaza on Saturday, however my hubby still hates shopping and he did complain!!

Can't see why everyone complains about the supermarkets either They aren't that much different at all, and I can shop for 4 of us for a week with about $70 - 100 and that includes packed lunches for the kids all week (when they take them that is). Not too much that I can't get in mine, they even sell HP brown sauce

Golden Grove is nice, we had a look round there when we first arrived. Only decided on Mawson Lakes cos my aunt lives here too, she has made life so much easier for us bless her.

Have you been to Cleland Conservation Park? We went on Sunday, what a gorgeous place!. Well worth a visit if you get time. It's only 20 mins from Adelaide CBD at mount lofty. It cost us $38 for a family ticket (2 adults, 2 kids) but I spent $150 in the shop

Take care x
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:11 pm
Made it to the Other Side

Toon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to all

I cant understand what everyone is moaning about!! We love it!! Went to Harndorf (cant spell it) today and what a lovely little town, then onto a friend that moved out a year ago that has just had a house built up near Little Hampton which was gorgeous the views were spectacular along with the house but far to remote for me!! But even being that remote my friend still reckons she can make the city in under 25 mins!!

That is what I like about Adelaide the totally different surroundings offered with 20 mins drive, you have the city, the suberbs ok some better than others, the beach, the hills etc etc

Coming to look at Mawsons Lakes tomorrow, so give us a wave!! And off to Cleland on Sunday!!

Found a school for my daughter that we love and so does she!! So things starting to come together!! And possible work for the OH!! Decided on area to live and off to the Toyota dealer to check out the price of cars tomorrow!!

Off to Kangaroo Island next week for a couple of days, all this rushing around exploring is wearing me out so in need of a few days rest!!!

Originally Posted by WendyC
Glad you are liking Adelaide, it's not half as bad as what some would have you believe is it.

I was at tea tree plaza on Saturday, however my hubby still hates shopping and he did complain!!

Can't see why everyone complains about the supermarkets either They aren't that much different at all, and I can shop for 4 of us for a week with about $70 - 100 and that includes packed lunches for the kids all week (when they take them that is). Not too much that I can't get in mine, they even sell HP brown sauce

Golden Grove is nice, we had a look round there when we first arrived. Only decided on Mawson Lakes cos my aunt lives here too, she has made life so much easier for us bless her.

Have you been to Cleland Conservation Park? We went on Sunday, what a gorgeous place!. Well worth a visit if you get time. It's only 20 mins from Adelaide CBD at mount lofty. It cost us $38 for a family ticket (2 adults, 2 kids) but I spent $150 in the shop

Take care x
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Im so pleased you got to Adelaide, i did wonder if your flight would go ahead.
Sounds as though you are having a great time.
My 6 year old just loves koala's and im sure he would be like a dog with 2 tails if he got to cuddle one .
Hope the rest of your trip is just as enjoyable.
Mandy
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:28 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Just a warning - we had tears from my 6 year old as she wasn't big enough to actually cuddle the koala herself, she just had to snuggle up to me while I did the cuddling.

Glad you're liking Adelaide Toon Williams - we absolutely loved it on our reccie and can't wait to go 'home' when we get our visa.

Lou
x

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Im so pleased you got to Adelaide, i did wonder if your flight would go ahead.
Sounds as though you are having a great time.
My 6 year old just loves koala's and im sure he would be like a dog with 2 tails if he got to cuddle one .
Hope the rest of your trip is just as enjoyable.
Mandy
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

The roast has a spectacular aura aboutThe roast has a spectacular aura aboutThe roast has a spectacular aura about

we wish you all the best in your venture. We will be moving out (hopefully) to Adelaide in November but am having a few problems at the moment. Did you come across the problem of not having an address for shipping purposes? Its been a pain in the A** as the movers came in yesterday and now our stuff is in storage in the UK until we have an address in Adelaide! :scared:
Its good to hear the kids are happy and the flights were bearable! we have 3 kids aged 12, 9 and 7 and were worrying about how the change would affect them.
We are still waiting for our visas to arrive, apparently DIMIA have mislaid our police checks so there's a possibility we will have to apply for these again
delaying things even further. we didnt expect things to go too smoothly!
What were the schools like, can you recommend any yet?
well I'm just learning how to get around this site so i hope you get this posting.
best wishes
Howard
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

Originally Posted by The roast
we wish you all the best in your venture. We will be moving out (hopefully) to Adelaide in November but am having a few problems at the moment. Did you come across the problem of not having an address for shipping purposes? Its been a pain in the A** as the movers came in yesterday and now our stuff is in storage in the UK until we have an address in Adelaide! :scared:
Its good to hear the kids are happy and the flights were bearable! we have 3 kids aged 12, 9 and 7 and were worrying about how the change would affect them.
We are still waiting for our visas to arrive, apparently DIMIA have mislaid our police checks so there's a possibility we will have to apply for these again
well I'm just learning how to get around this site so i hope you get this posting.
best wishes
Howard

Howard mate,

If your going to Adelaide then you must join the rest of the gang on Adlaidebrits, there all a friendly bunch........come on !!!

That's Adelaidebrits...sorry
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by majortom
Howard mate,

If your going to Adelaide then you must join the rest of the gang on Adlaidebrits, there all a friendly bunch........come on !!!

That's Adelaidebrits...sorry
http://z2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:50 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The roast
best wishes
Howard
YOU do have an address in Adelaide ,it is the removal company that your Uk company is sending your furniture too.....they have copies of all your paper work ,and are who AUST CUSTOMs will deal with on your behalf......................... mm
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:14 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post, can't wait to see some piccies
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Lovely post, can't wait to see some piccies

I'll post a few tomorrow for you. I have a few of where we live and also of the Conservation Park
Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:28 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll post a few tomorrow for you. I have a few of where we live and also of the Conservation Park

Ooh yes please Wendy
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Clippies
Ooh yes please Wendy

Here you go, as promised.

http://britishexpats.com/blogs/album...Album&u=WendyC
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:16 am

Thanks Wendy, they're fab! I shall show them to Dale tonight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.